VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Thanks. I was just pointing out that it doesn't work the way you think it works. He owns the pictures he created 2 years ago and the name Dual Family. The models, the story even the fast release schedule can be replicated by anyone and then monetized.

LostOne84

Mar 19, 2019
He only owns the title and the story(up to the point he wrote)if anyone continues from that point it becomes their story.
Yep (y)

I think it would be nice if some dev continued the story...let's call it a little revenge for being so slow :ROFLMAO: (or maybe for trying to "milk the cow", we'll never know for sure). There is no copyright infringment as long as he hasn't trademarked everything...and I don't think he did. I would support such project...:cool:

LostOne84

Mar 19, 2019
So if I understand it comes to this: there will not be any new content from Dual Family anymore?
Well...IMHO not made by the original Dev at least...there are rumors, something could appear this summer, but he has missed his deadlines so many times that there's no reason to believe he won't do it again, so I wouldn't put a penny on this. Better move on...there are plenty other good games out there, if something happens we will know.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
So if I understand it comes to this: there will not be any new content from Dual Family anymore?
I think that there's no great chance ever for the update to be released for this game. Kyle will mil... ,pardon me, extend the time needed until the game is ready. Even if it takes for nearly 2 years to release single update. He/she will do anything to prolongue the release, if it ever comes which is hihgly doubtfull. His/her last deadline is set for 23 May if i'm not mistaken. But don't count on that because this dev have had all ready broken several self imposed deadlines. Can't wait until 23 May to see another excu... ,big pardon again me, quite reasonable explanation for delay.

Last edited:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I think that there's no great chance ever for the update to be released for this game. Kyle wil mil... ,pardon me, extend the time needed until the game is ready. Even if it takes for nearly 2 years to release single update. He/she will do anything to prolongue the release, if it ever comes which is hihgly doubtfull. His/her last deadline is set for 23 May if i'm not mistaken. But don't count on that because this dev have had all ready broken several self imposed deadlines. Can't wait until 23 May to see another excu... ,big pardon again me, quite reasonable explanation for delay.
It is 23rd May 2019...

Reactions: RivenMain69

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
Actually he was permanently reply-banned from this thread for repeated trolling, shit-starting, and just generally ignoring the rules (and reality).
What took you so long?
That guy was causing trouble on here, like forever.
You routinely delete other member's posts for next-to nothing, yet that guy was allowed to do whatever he wanted in this thread, for all that time.
Better late than never, I suppose.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
It is 23rd May 2019...
I've read somewhere that new deadline is 23 May 2020. I know it's a joke :D. There's simpley no way that Kyle ever release update. Even if he/she ever release update, which i doubt, people would be disappointed if that update is long like 20-30 min. His/her patreons by now expect lengthy update that will last for at least 2-3 hours both Father MC, Son MC route. Since that is highly unlikely i can only presume ,even if Kyle ''deliver'' update, that this game will be abandoned. Its being abandoned for almost 2 years and there is no proof that this dev is doing any job or that he/she is near releasing. Only false advertisment like in the case of W3 Refunded.It is good thing that moders of this site have taken things in their hands and marked this project ABANDONED.

Last edited:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I'd really like to know why some people say he told he was going to update on May 23rd.

As far as I can remember in autumn 2018 he told that he was going to release part X in January 2019. Then he postponed it to May 2019. So, I guess some people think we are still in 2019. :sneaky:

Anyway, who cares? there's no Part X, folks. Just think about this: he released the first 9 parts in 12 months. So, is he working on part X since March 2018 (25 months ago)? :unsure:

Vicks Vapor Rub

Mar 2, 2019
I'd really like to know why some people say he told he was going to update on May 23rd.

As far as I can remember in autumn 2018 he told that he was going to release part X in January 2019. Then he postponed it to May 2019. So, I guess some people think we are still in 2019. :sneaky:

Anyway, who cares? there's no Part X, folks. Just think about this: he released the first 9 parts in 12 months. So, is he working on part X since March 2018 (25 months ago)? :unsure:
It was said multiple times on his discord after one of his latests posts. What I don't understand is that his excuse for taking another 2 months to finish the game is to 'polish up' the last two animations that were said to be "completed" in March. This was the only excuse he gave and it makes no sense to me how so many people can still believe an awful excuse like that.

Do you hear that? I think the captain's ship is coming to port. We need a final (actual final) send off from the captain's log.
1587227182467.png

Reactions: jakelong1234

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Do you hear that? I think the captain's ship is coming to port. We need a final (actual final) send off from the captain's log.
View attachment 624212
Unless he either does something spectacularly scammy or actually releases the game I'll unlikely do a Captain's Log on this for a while. (Unless it's the end of year awards and the 'champ' goes for 1st place).

There's generally nothing to talk about, and nothing in itself is not very funny or 'enlightening.'

When I write the Captain's Logs, I always try to retrospectively cut to the heart of the matter and examine things in depth, which, by this point with Gumdrops, I've well and truly turned over every rock.

Besides, there's plenty of other scammy devs in need of a good Captains Log. Browse around and you'll see them about, lol.

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
And why would he release anything? His patreons are going to support him no matter what. So he is set for life, the guy can go into retirement and live from his patreons for the next 40 years without releasing anything. I am sure that if some of those patreons die of old age their grandchildren will continue the support.

LOL, what a bunch of wallies.

Reactions: fz and stormyse

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
And why would he release anything? His patreons are going to support him no matter what. So he is set for life, the guy can go into retirement and live from his patreons for the next 40 years without releasing anything. I am sure that if some of those patreons die of old age their grandchildren will continue the support.

LOL, what a bunch of wallies.
Who cares. As long as i don't lose my money i don't care how much he/she earns for doing nothing. Even if he/she ever release an update i don't care. I'm over it. There are other games in this forum and other devs to support. To think that i was considering to actually become his/her patreon. Simpley move on and forget about this game.

TomVanGrieken

Apr 2, 2020
Well...IMHO not made by the original Dev at least...there are rumors, something could appear this summer, but he has missed his deadlines so many times that there's no reason to believe he won't do it again, so I wouldn't put a penny on this. Better move on...there are plenty other good games out there, if something happens we will know.
Some suggestions (games)?

• Haha
Reactions: itsyeboii

LostOne84

Mar 19, 2019
It really depends on what you're looking for...

I assume you like "family" stuff, since you're here. If so, I would suggest

Milfy City - it seems to be on hold, or maybe abandoned but still enjoyable
Dreams of Desire - Completed
Lust Epidemic - Completed (See also Treasure of Nadia)
Love and Submission - it has been abandoned for a while, but now the dev is back

They are quite popular, so maybe you know them...if you're looking for something else PM me, I think this thread is not the best place to start this topic.

Who cares. As long as i don't lose my money i don't care how much he/she earns for doing nothing. Even if he/she ever release an update i don't care. I'm over it. There are other games in this forum and other devs to support. To think that i was considering to actually become his/her patreon. Simpley move on and forget about this game.
I agree. If someone wants to pay for nothing, it's not my concern. I love to support active devs, but when there is no actual update in a while I move on.

SymbioticLife

Mar 17, 2019
City of Broken Dreamers, Good Girl Gone Bad, Light of my Life are probably my current favorites as they are less "tropey" than a lot of the popular games (IE: no harems, actual character development, everyone isn't immediately obsessed with the MC for just existing) they're still not perfect by any means but they're good. City of Broken Dreamers also has some very quality renders, as does his previous game that's also quite good Depraved Awakening.

There's many other decent games though, one thing I suggest is opening up Latest Games and Updates and sorting by Weighted Rating (and whatever period of time you wish, the further back you go the larger the selection but you might have played more of them already).

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes