VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
He's still promoting part X after 3 years. I really wonder how he keeps his patrons. I guess if someone ever needs to take a census on who the dumbest motherfuckers on Earth are we can just point them towards Gumdrops patron list. :FacePalm:
Not just a patron list, but an active Discord with high-paying members. I just checked, and there are ten idiots paying $20 a month and another twenty paying $5-10 a month for a fancy badge and the privilege of being lied to three times a week. That's not counting the Kommandant lady, who is so deep into Stockholm syndrome that she's paying to take on a full-time moderation job (protip: it's supposed to work the other way around). I'm shocked any of these people have any money left; if a con artist with shoe polish for brains got ahold of Gumdrop's mailing list he could own their houses and powers of attorney by the end of the month.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I just checked, and there are ten idiots paying $20 a month and another twenty paying $5-10 a month for a fancy badge and the privilege of being lied to three times a week.
Guess those patrons wanted to do a big boyz dare at Truth or Dare or something like that.:LOL: I'd rather wrestle a bear or fight a lion than pay 20$ for empty promises and cheap excuses.

There's always the POLITICS option. You can lie to ppl daily and blame others for that. Money's not an issue, he should start running for president. His poor country would drown in piss and shit just like his game.:LOL:

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
He's still promoting part X after 3 years. I really wonder how he keeps his patrons. I guess if someone ever needs to take a census on who the dumbest motherfuckers on Earth are we can just point them towards Gumdrops patron list. :FacePalm:
People in the past have theorized that Gumdrop is a front for a money laundering scheme. There could be only a few idiots, or people could just be hoping they aren't

Reactions: fz

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
People in the past have theorized that Gumdrop is a front for a money laundering scheme. There could be only a few idiots, or people could just be hoping they aren't
That would be the single dumbest money-laundering scheme in history. The point of laundering is to conceal the origins of dirty cash by providing a point of transfer that offers anonymity. Sending money through a public company's normal channels that deals exclusively in fully traceable bank accounts, PayPal, and credit cards is the exact opposite of anonymous, and that's before you get into the fact that Patreon keeps 5% off the top plus Not exactly the sort of hassle and expense worth dealing with for a few grand a month, especially when Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency exists.

The only way it could work is if they were constantly cycling through prepaid Visa cards (which would take another cut off the top) or stolen cards (which would set off all manner of red flags and wouldn't get processed anyways). I'd think the smart criminals would just buy the prepaid Visa cards and leave it at that.

Reactions: Orlox

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
That would be the single dumbest money-laundering scheme in history. The point of laundering is to conceal the origins of dirty cash by providing a point of transfer that offers anonymity. Sending money through a public company's normal channels that deals exclusively in fully traceable bank accounts, PayPal, and credit cards is the exact opposite of anonymous, and that's before you get into the fact that Patreon keeps 5% off the top plus Not exactly the sort of hassle and expense worth dealing with for a few grand a month, especially when Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency exists.
It's the ultimate scheme though. They're hiding their cash in plain sight...

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
It's the ultimate scheme though. They're hiding their cash in plain sight...
It's not a game of hide-and-seek where the authorities are constantly sniffing normal financial traffic looking for every bit of illicit cash (though they'll certainly catch the obvious ones). The end goal is for bad guy X to have a big fat bank account with cash that can't be traced back to illegal activity. If the police got even a whiff that Gumscam or anyone around him was involved in shady shit they'd call up Patreon, who'd promptly provide them with a full history of every single transaction that's gone through his account and everyone that contributed. There'd have to be a shell company or an anonymous transaction somewhere along the line, and there's no sense having a third party taking a big fat cut of your illegal profits when they don't even give you cover.

The much simpler explanation is that he's found a few hundred simps who'll keep paying him on the mere suggestion that he'll deliver the goods someday. OnlyFans, Twitch thots, and camgirls are all the proof anyone needs that hopeless thirst can add up to a serious payday.

Reactions: Orlox

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
What's the excuse this time?
Gumdrop- "Sorry guys with this COVID thing I've not been able to buy those 20 graphics cards and have had expenses that drained the funds set aside. I know it sounds like an excuse, but I really need those subscriptions to replace those funds to buy 20 graphics cards. That way I can really, really, really crank out the highest quality renders and 3D animations for you guys. As soon as my Patreon subscription levels hit the new goal I expect to have the Ch X update out 2 weeks after with Act I and II to follow."

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017

The only way it could work is if they were constantly cycling through prepaid Visa cards (which would take another cut off the top) or stolen cards (which would set off all manner of red flags and wouldn't get processed anyways). I'd think the smart criminals would just buy the prepaid Visa cards and leave it at that.
Money laundering uses small bills to keep people from looking at the books, and most of the people supporting gumdrop use small bills. It's actually a fairly common tactic (using shell corporations) for people who do it which is why people mentioned it.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Sure, but small bills are untraceable when used right. This isn't "used right". Whether you use Paypal or CC at checkout, you're leaving a trace that's visible from Jupiter.
If authorities catch wind of one or two illegitimate transactions from two different people, both of whom are giving money to Gumdrop, this all falls apart within a few minutes. One month spike to an unknown new creator to launder money quickly and disappear? Sure. Keeping it up for three years with a creator who has actually made something within the first year? No chance.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Sure, but small bills are untraceable when used right. This isn't "used right". Whether you use Paypal or CC at checkout, you're leaving a trace that's visible from Jupiter.
If authorities catch wind of one or two illegitimate transactions from two different people, both of whom are giving money to Gumdrop, this all falls apart within a few minutes. One month spike to an unknown new creator to launder money quickly and disappear? Sure. Keeping it up for three years with a creator who has actually made something within the first year? No chance.
Patreon gets tons of illegitimate transactions a month for lots of patreons, the transactions bounce and the person then rejoins the patreon. And would the government even take that much of a look at a mediocre adult games dev? You'd have a better chance getting him on tax evasion........

Reactions: Aioria619

ResmiHardin

Nov 16, 2018
To the lovely Ladies and Gentleman,

Firstly I'd like to say this is 1 game where I'm very upset that it hasn't been completed, Graphics, Story telling to some extent has been amazing and was looking forward to where it would go from there, unfortunately I don't see the last update coming :(

Can we kind of sign off from this in an adult like way, where we say to ourselves there are people out there who take a bit longer to work out that things aren't going to work out the way they believe it will go?

Can we say to ourselves that this has been an increasingly long time (2 years, 7months) to keep this thread on the go, simply to prove each points are true and the only true side there is?

Please ask yourselves how much more interest will people have if this thread continues?

I'm gonna finish this off by saying a great game, really upset this hasn't been finished as it rivalled Summertime saga when it first came out and leave it like that :)

• Angry
Reactions: fz

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020

Firstly I'd like to say this is 1 game where I'm very upset that it hasn't been completed, Graphics, Story telling to some extent has been amazing and was looking forward to where it would go from there, unfortunately I don't see the last update coming :(

Can we kind of sign off from this in an adult like way, where we say to ourselves there are people out there who take a bit longer to work out that things aren't going to work out the way they believe it will go?

Can we say to ourselves that this has been an increasingly long time (2 years, 7months) to keep this thread on the go, simply to prove each points are true and the only true side there is?

Please ask yourselves how much more interest will people have if this thread continues?

I'm gonna finish this off by saying a great game, really upset this hasn't been finished as it rivalled Summertime saga when it first came out and leave it like that :)
It's not one update. There's supposed to be two more full acts. I keep tabs here and his Patreon/Discord to see if he ever actually does resume work.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019

It's better to keep this going so newer bros are able to see the scam for what it is. Keep awareness up. Obviously people aren't that aware given how he's scammed 100k out of his patreon. Indian scammers asking me to purchase google play cards for the IRS could learn a thing or two from him.

It's not one update. There's supposed to be two more full acts. I keep tabs here and his Patreon/Discord to see if he ever actually does resume work.
1600145069584.png

Let's just be honest here even if he does actually push out a release he'll probably milk that one for 2-3 years. 20 episodes will take about 60 years at this point. The skeleton meme is legit.

Last edited:

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020

Actually it's not a great story as I recall. The mom is an alcoholic which appears to be the source of the marital issues and the catalyst for the breakup of the family. The husband seems to love his wife but also seems to be an enabler who turns to his daughter as a replacement for the wife. That said I was curious to see the events of ch X which never happened.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes