VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
If this is his plan, he will likely rake it in until attrition dictates that he actually release something to bring in a new crop of supporters.
it won't be patreon since he has his own funding thingy on his site.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018

GRAB THE POPCORN BOYS

"
The Next Episode
The most important thing is this:

Dual Family will release on its 4 year anniversary, February 18th 2021. The first playable mainline release since 2018.

"
Was about to post that :p If I've understood what little I skimmed through.
-> So I’m redoing Dual Family. I want to make it a good game, a good story.<-
Makes me go :cautious: :unsure: NOPE!┻━┻ ︵ \( °□° )/ ︵ ┻━┻Lost enough money to GumDrop before I discovered how long DF had been milked.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Holy batshit batman. I literally LOL'ed when I read this part..

So I’m redoing Dual Family. I want to make it a good game, a good story.

Music, animation, characters that come with it. I want everything to be true to my intention, not a rushed homework assignment. Not missing marks over and over again because it’s not the story I want to be telling.

With this, Part X’s fate is sealed. It will be released eventually, but will be the 10th part to a game that’s worth continuing, worth finishing.
Guy is literally redoing the entire game. And is going to release it in a couple months....LOL.

The rest of it just for convince and future reference.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I said I was never going to post in this thread again until there was an update, but I just got an email from Gumdrop with the same message (posted above). So this is going out to all his current and former patrons.

I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn't imagining it. To keep the scam going, he is going to re-make the game from scratch. In all our discussions on how he would keep the scam alive, none of us ever imagined he would have the chutzpah to pull something like this. This is both brilliant in its audacity and a new low in scumbaggery.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
This guy is taking scamming to a new level.
Our guesses of excuses we could imagine were way off.
We just could not imagine that someone could be so bold scamming as to bluntly say "I'm going to redo the whole thing".

WOW impressive!

This is next level scamming! He is breaking new ground :ROFLMAO:

He is setting a new standard!

Impressive!

StoneWall

May 20, 2017
I couldn't remember if this was the same game that I remembered playing when I was still in college 3 years ago. I downloaded to make sure. It was. Was wondering what happened to it but seems like I didn't miss much.

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
Would laugh at those patrons if they are really legit and not a money laundering scheme once Kyle announces on February that all had been scam with an explanation "blah blah something unexpectedly happened and I decided to cancel Dual Family"

would almost be identical to yiff.party where the admin cancelled the site once he got 1 bitcoin donation and money he earned from lying the actual hosting cost

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Wait...you guys...what? I was a Patron to this game for a short time a few months back and I got the same email today. I thought the game had potential, but I found it kinda non-intuitive to download from his site, and the version I had didn't seem complete. In either event I wasn't interested in the game enough to figure the whole thing out so I just moved on and stopped my support. When I got the email today I thought to myself "This seems like a pretty big deal, and it seems shady. I wonder what the people over at F95 are thinking."

Holy shit, I didn't know what I was walking into. Are you telling me there hasn't been a single update since 2018?

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Wait...you guys...what? I was a Patron to this game for a short time a few months back and I got the same email today. I thought the game had potential, but I found it kinda non-intuitive to download from his site, and the version I had didn't seem complete. In either event I wasn't interested in the game enough to figure the whole thing out so I just moved on and stopped my support. When I got the email today I thought to myself "This seems like a pretty big deal, and it seems shady. I wonder what the people over at F95 are thinking."

Holy shit, I didn't know what I was walking into. Are you telling me there hasn't been a single update since 2018?
I backed him for a bit and got the same email.... and yes he is that bad in terms of release. I originally came here to find out about the current status and found out how bad it really was. That was over a year ago and it has been a non stop excuse fest.

Anyone still believing a word this person posts needs their head checked by this stage.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020

GRAB THE POPCORN BOYS

"
The Next Episode
The most important thing is this:

Dual Family will release on its 4 year anniversary, February 18th 2021. The first playable mainline release since 2018.

"
This guy is truly the most amazing piece of shit I've ever seen. Just another excuse and another delay. Only this time he claims he hates the game and the content so he will never finish it. Instead he will make something completely different that also will likely never happen. Wow. I did love how he admitted wanting to pricktease everyone and hated the thought of any sex with the characters teased for so damn long. :mad:

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
What are you talking about trusting him? I'm not even a Patreon and I've never been, I'm not wasting any money but I do want to play the game if it ever comes back, if not, well...I still have other games to play and all for free so, what's the problem?.
I saw a glimpse of it. In a way, you look so positive towards gumdrop.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes