VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I have to say, I am actually impressed by this whole situation.

The guy literally admitted he got board with the game, which I believe. Then he said he is going to redo it all and it's going to be so much better. Then he put several release dates, said he has a new helper that probably doesn't exist and managed to promote the new game all at once.

He simultaneously kept the scam going for at least the next few years, while giving himself multiple new potential excuses all while conjuring a mirage of actually caring and being honest about the situation.

His back was to the wall, his excuses have ran out and then he runs the ball straight back into the scamzone like an all-pro scamback.

Genius. None of us saw this one coming. Although his supporters did not want this, they may actually revolt. All cultists have a line, and he may have crossed it with some of them.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Also anyone knows why gd's number one fan Tenlogos isn't saying anything?

It's like the update that was coming in 5 days that he was looking forward to and defending was a scam and is now wiped out. And not only that but the "dev" himself said that his game is shit and he'll redo the whole thing.
And this after "working" for 2 years on an update for this shit game.

Untitled.png

Yes my young padawan patience.
Almost there we are not. Start from the beginning you must!

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Also anyone knows why gd's number one fan Tenlogos isn't saying anything?

It's like the update that was coming in 5 days that he was looking forward to and defending was a scam and is now wiped out. And not only that but the "dev" himself said that his game is shit and he'll redo the whole thing.
And this after "working" for 2 years on an update for this shit game.

View attachment 946706

Yes my young padawan patience.
Almost there we are not. Start from the beginning you must!
I just feel bad for this poor deluded person.

Reactions: sob

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Omg i can't believe it. No one actually asked for rework from bottom to top but instead to release part X and Kyle comes up and say "Hey for last 2 months i've hired a guy/s to rework entire game so excpect release on Feb". This is huge bs and i'm simply in disbelief on how far you're willing to go. For the last 3 +/- years you're advertising that part X is comming and then out of nowhere you say hey i'm redoing entire game. Such a disgusting behavior. There are trully more devs that actually deserve support. And this guy is unbelievable.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Omg i can't believe it. No one actually asked for rework from bottom to top but instead to release part X and Kyle comes up and say "Hey for last 2 months i've hired a guy/s to rework entire game so excpect release on Feb". This is huge bs and i'm simply in disbelief on how far you're willing to go. For the last 3 +/- years you're advertising that part X is comming and then out of nowhere you say hey i'm redoing entire game. Such a disgusting behavior. There are trully more devs that actually deserve support. And this guy is unbelievable.
He clearly stated that he didn't like how the game came up with time, so I guess it is within his rights to remake something he couldn't manage to fix by himself. Provided he's saying the truth, obviously.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Man, I forgot the last time I laughed so hard by reading comments. Scamdrop is definitely Jedi-Level in terms of scamming. You know what guys ? Let the sheep spend their money blindly.

In my humble opinion, there's only one way to make things move. Someone must create a website - only one page is needed. And this page needs to be fed with every single details and lies this scam gave out during the last 3 years, mainly Screenshots. Sooner or later, Google will take those info into consideration and this will create a bad buzz when typing keywords such as " gumdrop, dual family, patreon, etc...". The goal is to make this website visible to everyone. Something must be done. This comedy went too far. Isn't F95 a pirate site ? Don't we have Warriors here who can manage to put this scam down ?!

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
He clearly stated that he didn't like how the game came up with time, so I guess it is within his rights to remake something he couldn't manage to fix by himself. Provided he's saying the truth, obviously.
Somehow i doubt that he ever told the truth. If he so badly wanted to rework his game he could come out in the open and say "Hey guys i decided to rework entire game from top to bottom which will include part X. I've hired guy/s to make this possible". If you think about it for the last 3 +/- years he's (falsly) advertising the release of part X, constantly seting deadlines that he himself break and it continious with more lies and excuses. And now he comes up and say that he decided, for the last 2 months, that he wants better story, better game, cause he's incomptent, so he hired some people to help him acheave that goal. This is probably the worst game developer i have ever seen in my 30 years of life. I thought that EA is bad but this guy he is something else with that retard Tenlogos. I trully believe and beg modders of this site to add "Milker" tag or some tag that coresponds to that tag.

MyKneesDawg

Apr 9, 2020
5-7 days to part x and max 4 days when dev vanishes and 10-14 days when he returns to "tell" his loyal supporters (aka dumbasses) why still no update and new date when update will be released.
We should open a betting line.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
so um why does F95 say abandoned but the patreon says a new version came out today....?
He hasn't made a release till 2018, and he's decided to remake the entire game and push back the release date to 2021.
It's a long running scam essentially, everyone on F95zone has basically given up and just spends their time reading/commentating on this thread every so often to kek at supporters. You'll even see the odd moderator taking the piss out of it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
if promises of next update aren't enuf to keep money coming then for sure promise of remake will do that.

not that either will happen ofc.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020

GRAB THE POPCORN BOYS

"
The Next Episode
The most important thing is this:

Dual Family will release on its 4 year anniversary, February 18th 2021. The first playable mainline release since 2018.

"
WOWWW, the audacity of this guy! and for him to refer to his promised release as a "rushed homework assignment" after 3 YEARS o_O Unbelievable...any fool who continues to give money to this scammer deserves to lose their money and time

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
I got the email too in patreon (old supporter) and somehow it scared the shit out of me lol.
Didn't expect that it felt like a message from hell :eek:

Reactions: -Dreamer-
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes