VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Great, another troll-release. The dev really likes to fuck with ppl. Maybe he's not feeling quite well.

E: There's some decent animations in the NIGHT-release. I guess FatCat did good job. It's such a shame it's all wasted on this madness. What the hell happened to the dev ? Does he somehow enjoy trolling or has he gone 100% insane...
Not sure who is a bigger troll. Gumdrop himself or Tenlogos.

hipsterbag

Jul 19, 2018
I downloaded the game and unpacked the files.

It's sad, because the quality of the animations and renders is really high. Instead of progressing the story, it's just...random shit, though.

There are some really good ones that show a glimpse of what could have been - there's a animated version of the scene where you find the mother drunk, passed out on the floor, and it is cut with degrading images of her on knees of what I presume the MC would like to do with her...it's honestly quite good. I just wish it was part of an actual game.

Reactions: Domtuch

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Ignore DFX. It's not worth to spend time or bandwidth on it. It's for free here, but if you download it, you'll still feel you've been robbed by gumdrop.

As for August 30th. Meh. It's just two days away. It's not like his earlier deadlines set 1-3 months into the future that he missed. If you only look at the last four months, he's actually sticking to his deadlines now.
(Not that it's good, mind you, since half of those releases are DFX.)

That said, if we overlook DFX (which might be a way for him to vent off frustration), he appears to be trying to build back his reputation.
As long as you're not giving him any money (or you had given some in the past and you're now riding on his 'free subscription'), it's not that bad.

Personally, I'm not giving him any benefit of doubt. I haven't even downloaded his latest releases. They're still minimum effort and he hasn't done real work on his game yet.

But I do understand the people who do hope that he's back. I don't understand those who believe that he's back and will complete the game, he still hasn't proven himself, but I can understand why they want him back.

I really hope he's going to complete Dual Family and if it's as good as the first parts of act one were (those three years ago), I can actually pay for it, ONCE IT IS COMPLETED.

Just to be clear, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO HIM NOW.

Wait at least until you feel like the game is worth paying for, NOT empty promises. If you feel it's worth paying for, sure, spend money, but cancel your subscription once you have downloaded what you want so that you don't get charged again.

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Just got an email stating the update is getting released..... he is as reliable as a diarrheatic fart.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
As in you know it will come, you don't know if you will have to change your pants.

I said before: he's better with sticking to deadlines now. I have no doubts that he'll release something today, I just don't know what and I don't know if it's worthwhile.
My bet is that it's not.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Give it time, it took several hours for the previous release to be made available here. Come to think of it, it was actually fast considering you need to download it, unpack it to verify there are no trackers inside that would lead to you, then compress it again and — I'm not sure what the process is here — upload it and post the link here? I'm not sure, I think I saw mention of "uploader rights" which means there's somebody else in the process who needs to download the game and check it for malware and such before uploading it again.

I don't know the process, so if it doesn't involve so many steps, feel free to point it out. I sure as hell wouldn't give any uploader a direct link to the content posted by the creator if only because unique links may be tracked back to me.

DudeDiabolos

Sep 9, 2017
I very much enjoyed the first act of this game. And then... it just ends when the MC is finally kissing the mom. And then there is this silly christmas sidestory and then Act 2 is just really weird... is this official? Seems to me the game got way off track right when it starts to get steamy. :(

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes