VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

hwm

Oct 6, 2019
holy freaking turd balls,, i played this game in april of 2019 when part1 chapter ix was complete.... 2 and half years later only part 1 chapter x complete.... so instead of focusing on the main story this dev decides to focus on part ii which is the dumbest whatever i've ever played.... talk about milking patrons WOW just freaking WOW.... how does this dev have any patrons left... should call him the milkman dev... with that being said overall it's a good game, well written and i like the characters but JESUS man if you had regular updates you have more patrons...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This is a total joke, it's not even a game, what's the point of this crap.
hey no insulting this glorious game or you get big warning like i did after calling this magnificent game with non-appropriate name. also no insulting best developer aka gumdrop who gave us this crown jewel of adult games.

• Wow
Reactions: Richardson1

sphynks80

Dec 9, 2017
Regardless of the developer's attitude and the delay of years in releasing updates, at least the story picks up where it left off in 2018. Back then, many welcomed this game, myself included. Now it goes on, and so that's okay.

gig105

Nov 28, 2019
Correct me if I'M wrong but It looks like the original developer bounced and left the game to someone else, personally I would not give another cent till the new dev stays consistent with updates with the project as well as keeping there patrons and other community informed.

ZackxxxR

Jul 12, 2020
Dafuq did I just play?

That was... quite an experience... For sure this skeleton is the MC of the story... Cause... ya know... the son's dead by fracturing his bones and drowing in result (well, no. You didn't know it because who wants to end this part II, seriously??? Except maybe masochist people like me...)

Anyway, for people who thought it wasn't the same developer... maybe you're right... Can we talk a little about... this?
1631000860658.png
1631000880295.png
1631000940997.png

Looks like he's making fun of us.

hwm

Oct 6, 2019
Dafuq did I just play?

That was... quite an experience... For sure this skeleton is the MC of the story... Cause... ya know... the son's dead by fracturing his bones and drowing in result (well, no. You didn't know it because who wants to end this part II, seriously??? Except maybe masochist people like me...)

Anyway, for people who thought it wasn't the same developer... maybe you're right... Can we talk a little about... this?
View attachment 1392219
View attachment 1392222
View attachment 1392226

Looks like he's making fun of us.
2 years, very little updates... no wonder

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Gumdrop mentioned hiring people to help him with his game. One possibility is that he hired the first one, he got to work, then their relations soured and he left without handing over the results or tools that he created.

There are other possibilities as well. Gumdrop could have lost/broken his drive, had no backups, so he had to recreate everything from scratch and that's painful to say the least.

I doubt that he sold the project or lost control over it. If he sold the project, a deal would include handing over all copyright, code, tools, resources and assets, otherwise nobody sane would buy it. If he lost control, there would have been a gap in providing content to patrons and there would probably be signs that somebody took over. Even if they continued the same mode of operation, they would not be able to create the Christmas prequel without deviating significantly from Gumdrop's style. Besides, Gumdrop would be able to produce evidence to prove that his account was hacked.

Nope, I think it's still the same Gumdrop. No use trying to shift blame to somebody else and absolve Gumdrop of his part in it.

Reactions: ZackxxxR
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes