VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Rysion

Jan 20, 2018
wtf is even going on anymore. ive tried to play a bit i dont understand whats going on with the plot. it all feels like a fever dream and ive yet to have seen a new sex scene. I remember (was it already years ago now?) playing up to version 0.98, before most of us had considered the game dead. i just remember the last scene with the son dancing with the mom, and i dont remember much about the husband. something with the cousin i think. anyway. from there i dont get it. i dont understand whats going on and honestly dont have the patience to try to read everything.

anyone has a brief summary of whats going on? and why is there 2 games now. im so confused. is there even new scenes at all?

• Red Heart
Reactions: inkpot

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
wtf is even going on anymore. ive tried to play a bit i dont understand whats going on with the plot. it all feels like a fever dream and ive yet to have seen a new sex scene. I remember (was it already years ago now?) playing up to version 0.98, before most of us had considered the game dead. i just remember the last scene with the son dancing with the mom, and i dont remember much about the husband. something with the cousin i think. anyway. from there i dont get it. i dont understand whats going on and honestly dont have the patience to try to read everything.

anyone has a brief summary of whats going on? and why is there 2 games now. im so confused. is there even new scenes at all?
There are 800+ pages explaining this. Every time we explain again, we add another page ... and then a week later another person asks the same question ... and we explain again.

The short answer to your post can be found 7 posts before yours - which was a reply to a post I made 13 hours before that. Also 9 posts prior to yours is a reply to a post I made yesterday that confirms that after a 7Gb download there was still no sex in part II.

Rysion

Jan 20, 2018
There are 800+ pages explaining this. Every time we explain again, we add another page ... and then a week later another person asks the same question ... and we explain again.

The short answer to your post can be found 7 posts before yours - which was a reply to a post I made 13 hours before that. Also 9 posts prior to yours is a reply to a post I made yesterday that confirms that after a 7Gb download there was still no sex in part II.
Ah, thanks for the answer. sorry for making you repeat yourself. i tried and quickly look what other comments there were before posting, but i guess i scrolled bit too fast and skipped the ones i was searching for lol.

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
Thanks man. You save alot of lives with this answer.
so only to quote this , PARDON MY FRENCH . 7 GB + download piece of garbage , NO ANY SEX YET between father and daughter ? no even a really true avance on that direction ? nice nice .... 4 years game , and he can t pull toget her his S H I T , to do 100 renders , which be really worthy something , and i meant if you want to do side chars after , or add 10 or 20 girls or 20 daughters more DO AFTER ending one main PLOT , like some REALLY good authors DO ,

• Red Heart
Reactions: inkpot

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
quite often on same page or page later.

so only to quote this , PARDON MY FRENCH . 7 GB + download piece of garbage , NO ANY SEX YET between father and daughter ? no even a really true avance on that direction ? nice nice .... 4 years game , and he can t pull toget her his S H I T , to do 100 renders , which be really worthy something , and i meant if you want to do side chars after , or add 10 or 20 girls or 20 daughters more DO AFTER ending one main PLOT , like some REALLY good authors DO ,
well scamdrop gets money so he has no reason to stop making shit.

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
Do you guys have save data for 0.5 v?
There's nothing to save -- that is, the amount of progress toward the mother and daughter having sex with anyone is the same whether you start at the beginning, middle, or current end point of the legacy version ... or at the beginning, middle, or current end point of part II.

Oct 6, 2021
The above is true just checked - few minutes ago i played version 0.99 CE and the rape doesn't exists

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sure you're welcome :D
Hmm, very strange! I'll re-check my version and post a ss next week.

Based upon what you are asking, my answer is sufficient. Nothing advances for what the general player is looking to advance with the son or the father storyline in terms of the mother or daughter.
I see. What is the extra lady for the father, one being the aunt?

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
Nope just genuinely curious
I never thought I would see someone so innocent on this forum. But thinking about it, it's very normal, because all the members of this forum who know about the game of this thread, and especially because of the potential it had, we have gone through that phase of innocent hope that the game would be updated and completed.

In my opinion, the only chance of salvation for this game is that another dev decides to make their own version and completes it. Besides, that would piss off Don Milking (aka Kyle aka Gumdrop Games) even more.

hipsterbag

Jul 19, 2018
What's so strange about this game, is the snippets of amazing talent are still there. Part II has some amazing bits of writing (in tiny, two-sentence spurts), some great animation and visuals...

The ring scene in Part IX of the plane sequence is genuinely hot as hell, and is more or less what happens directly after the conclusion of Part 1 when the son and mom kiss.

...but it's all blended together in schizophrenic nonsense. I have so many questions for the creator...I genuinely wonder if this is one of those genius-savant scenarios that had a schizophrenic break. or if someone just took it over and is pure trolling. So many questions.

Last edited:

hipsterbag

Jul 19, 2018
After doing some digging, I think I actually found out the answer. He put it right in the game.

Code:
 ps "He finally made an announcement."
    sk "Who?"
    ps "The {color=#CDA9FF}DUAL FAMILY{/color} developer."
    scene b_dev_02
    $ renpy.pause(3.0, hard=True)
    sk "...Who?"
    ps "The GAME we're finishing, skeleton." with vpunch
    ps "I know you don't have a brain in there, but you NEED to shut up and listen..."
    scene b_dev_02
    sk "...I can listen."
    play sound "audio/II/three2.mp3"
    sk "{cps=13}Heh heh heh.{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_03
    $ renpy.pause(2.0, hard=True)
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_03_1
    ps "He's... SELLING..."
    ps "PART X's raw materials to... who?!" with vpunch
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "THIS IS A CRIME happening RIGHT NOW!" with vpunch
    scene b_dev_05
    sk "Just READ it you fool."
    scene b_dev_06
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_07
    ps "I am."
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "This is worse than I thought..."
    scene b_dev_02
    ps '"A private auction held for Part X and its development materials."'
    ps '"All assets necessary to finish what was started: writing - renders - tools."'
    ps '"Over 3000 images to choose from - follow the written plot or make your own."'
    ps '"After all, this game is yours now!"'
    scene b_dev_02
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    sk "Directing the fans to finish the game for him?"
    sk "Devious."
    ps "This..."
    scene b_dev_10
    ps "I WAS ALREADY DOING THIS!" with vpunch
    ps "Fucking great. Now I have to deal with THE DEVELOPER BEING A FUCKING IDIOT."
    ps "Why the hell doesn't he release the assets if he's quitting? They should be FREE, especially the images."
    scene b_dev_09
    ps "Hold on..."
    scene b_dev_02
    ps '"Until the day of the auction, you can earn Part X and its assets completely FREE - no dollar spent."'
    ps '"Write a convincing story for this segment: that which follows the TV room hug and kiss."'
    scene b_dev_11
    ps '"I look forward to reading the dialogue, choices and story you have for Part X!"'
    scene b_dev_11
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "...It's possible."
    ps "I have a month to write this segment, but it has to outweigh the competition. It's all or nothing."
    ps "Why the hell is there a competition? Who would spend any amount of time on this?"
    scene b_dev_11
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "...I want those assets."
    ps "The images. Her eyes, her lips, her face."
    ps "Fuck the writing, I don't NEED that. I can easily fill in the blanks when I see it."
    ps "I just need the renders and I'll..."
    scene b_dev_09
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "I need to get started."
    ps "If I don't, someone else will. Turning in something, ANYTHING is better than doing nothing."
    ps "If the auction day comes before I submit any writing, that's-"
    sk "How much?"
    sk "Just buy it at the auction."
    scene b_dev_10
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "Oh."
    ps "You're right. I didn't even check."
    ps "Can't be anything more than-"
    scene b_dev_03_1
    ps "TEN THOUSAND?!" with vpunch
    ps "THAT'S THE STARTING BID?!" with vpunch
    ps "This CAN'T be REAL." with vpunch
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "Who would EVEN LOOK AT THIS?!" with vpunch
    scene b_dev_04
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_05
    sk "...You complain far too much."
    sk "Just make it yourself."
    scene b_dev_06
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_06_1
    sk "...You were going to do that before this announcement, were you not?"
    sk "All the writing, all the images. It's already been decided."
    sk "So, make the game yourself."
    scene b_dev_04
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_03
    sk '"SEGMENT"'
    sk "How long could that possibly be, two or three paper lengths?"
    scene b_dev_03_1
    ps "It's less."
    scene b_dev_04
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "...But it doesn't matter anymore."
    ps "The story and renders are being released to GOD KNOWS WHO next month."
    ps "I don't want to start from zero anymore. Not when I'm this close to it."
    ps "Every single line and image from Part X..."
    scene b_dev_02
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    sk "Then get started."
    ps "I will."

Looks like he didn't want to finish the game, and auctioned off numerous assets created to the highest bidder based on a writing competition (?)

So what we're seeing are the actually good, talented part X segments and animations strung together by nonsense from someone who is unskilled and/or coasting on the patreon money to get a decent ROI on their $10K investment.

Honestly, that makes sense. remember kyle used to post lengthy, paragraphs-long updates in a unique writing style? haven't seen those anymore - because he's gone and moved on to other things. the current "gumdrop" is just a shell curator raking in patreon money.

Shit, the more I think of it, the more it makes total sense. Kyle in the updates leading to part X years ago talked about he wrote a new script engine for "hub worlds", talked about his love of music and making it a much bigger part of part X, etc - we see those assets and scraps in this (a bunch of music casettes and custom music, for example), just jumbled together since they never finished creating the coherent, finished product, and just auctioned off what they had to some guy, hinting at boredom with it and friction/infighting with the small development team he hired as being reasons for doing so.

Last edited:

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
After doing some digging, I think I actually found out the answer. He put it right in the game.

Code:
 ps "He finally made an announcement."
    sk "Who?"
    ps "The {color=#CDA9FF}DUAL FAMILY{/color} developer."
    scene b_dev_02
    sk "...Who?"
    ps "The GAME we're finishing, skeleton." with vpunch
    ps "I know you don't have a brain in there, but you NEED to shut up and listen..."
    scene b_dev_02
    sk "...I can listen."
    scene b_dev_03
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_03_1
    ps "He's... SELLING..."
    ps "PART X's raw materials to... who?!" with vpunch
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "THIS IS A CRIME happening RIGHT NOW!" with vpunch
    scene b_dev_05
    sk "Just READ it you fool."
    scene b_dev_06
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_07
    ps "I am."
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "This is worse than I thought..."
    scene b_dev_02
    ps '"A private auction held for Part X and its development materials."'
    ps '"All assets necessary to finish what was started: writing - renders - tools."'
    ps '"Over 3000 images to choose from - follow the written plot or make your own."'
    ps '"After all, this game is yours now!"'
    scene b_dev_02
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    sk "Directing the fans to finish the game for him?"
    sk "Devious."
    ps "This..."
    scene b_dev_10
    ps "I WAS ALREADY DOING THIS!" with vpunch
    ps "Fucking great. Now I have to deal with THE DEVELOPER BEING A FUCKING IDIOT."
    ps "Why the hell doesn't he release the assets if he's quitting? They should be FREE, especially the images."
    scene b_dev_09
    ps "Hold on..."
    scene b_dev_02
    ps '"Until the day of the auction, you can earn Part X and its assets completely FREE - no dollar spent."'
    ps '"Write a convincing story for this segment: that which follows the TV room hug and kiss."'
    scene b_dev_11
    ps '"I look forward to reading the dialogue, choices and story you have for Part X!"'
    scene b_dev_11
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "...It's possible."
    ps "I have a month to write this segment, but it has to outweigh the competition. It's all or nothing."
    ps "Why the hell is there a competition? Who would spend any amount of time on this?"
    scene b_dev_11
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "...I want those assets."
    ps "The images. Her eyes, her lips, her face."
    ps "Fuck the writing, I don't NEED that. I can easily fill in the blanks when I see it."
    ps "I just need the renders and I'll..."
    scene b_dev_09
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "I need to get started."
    ps "If I don't, someone else will. Turning in something, ANYTHING is better than doing nothing."
    ps "If the auction day comes before I submit any writing, that's-"
    sk "How much?"
    sk "Just buy it at the auction."
    scene b_dev_10
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    ps "Oh."
    ps "You're right. I didn't even check."
    ps "Can't be anything more than-"
    scene b_dev_03_1
    ps "TEN THOUSAND?!" with vpunch
    ps "THAT'S THE STARTING BID?!" with vpunch
    ps "This CAN'T be REAL." with vpunch
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "Who would EVEN LOOK AT THIS?!" with vpunch
    scene b_dev_04
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_05
    sk "...You complain far too much."
    sk "Just make it yourself."
    scene b_dev_06
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_06_1
    sk "...You were going to do that before this announcement, were you not?"
    sk "All the writing, all the images. It's already been decided."
    sk "So, make the game yourself."
    scene b_dev_04
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_03
    sk '"SEGMENT"'
    sk "How long could that possibly be, two or three paper lengths?"
    scene b_dev_03_1
    ps "It's less."
    scene b_dev_04
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    scene b_dev_04_1
    ps "...But it doesn't matter anymore."
    ps "The story and renders are being released to GOD KNOWS WHO next month."
    ps "I don't want to start from zero anymore. Not when I'm this close to it."
    ps "Every single line and image from Part X..."
    scene b_dev_02
    "{cps=6}. . .{/cps}"
    sk "Then get started."
    ps "I will."

Looks like he didn't want to finish the game, and auctioned off numerous assets created to the highest bidder based on a writing competition (?)

So what we're seeing are the actually good, talented part X segments and animations strung together by nonsense from someone who is unskilled and/or coasting on the patreon money to get a decent ROI on their $10K investment.

Honestly, that makes sense. remember kyle used to post lengthy, paragraphs-long updates in a unique writing style? haven't seen those anymore - because he's gone and moved on to other things. the current "gumdrop" is just a shell curator raking in patreon money.

Shit, the more I think of it, the more it makes total sense. Kyle in the updates leading to part X years ago talked about he wrote a new script engine for "hub worlds", talked about his love of music and making it a much bigger part of part X, etc - we see those assets and scraps in this (a bunch of music casettes and custom music, for example), just jumbled together since they never finished creating the coherent, finished product, and just auctioned off what they had to some guy, hinting at boredom with it and friction/infighting with the small development team he hired as being reasons for doing so.
He could be CURRENTLY auctioning it off, or in a month. Maybe he'll run the auction in his discord as one last fuck you

A good way to see would be to find that old skeleton video he put up on youtube and see how old it is

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes