holymonity

Apr 18, 2023
Though a part of me still holds out hope for an update, I'm curious if the media can be extracted from the game? Idc about the story, just the pics would do.

Also is Ruca and June's model OC or are there other games with the same model?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I'm curious if the media can be extracted from the game? Idc about the story, just the pics would do.
That's usually pretty easy with Renpy games. Just go into the folder with Duality.exe, and then click on the subfolder called "game." If there's an images folder in there, you should be able to immediately access the pics with no effort. If there's an RPA file, then you'll have to download unren.bat and extract the archive. Sometimes that doesn't work and I don't know why, but if it does work, then once it's finished unpacking, you'll have an images folder in there and then you can access the pics.

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
If the game is further developed and should Per<3rsioN read along here, I would also like to briefly leave my comment here on a possible direction for the game.

First of all, the characters are individual and very well done. I agree with most of the previous writers.

Here are my thoughts on making the grind easier.
A) Additional content is activated at various stages. At the very beginning of the game, e.g. the key for Ruca's rooms. Since I had never tried Duality before, it took me about an hour to find this dresser.
Later in the game, additional selectable objects in a room were added without me beeing aware of receiving any information in a dialogue.
I had already wasted 5-6 hours of life for the computer in June's house before accidentally my mouse cursor moved over it when I switched to "Skip" and the highlighted border appeared.
Long after I had spent half a day of my life playing the game and had repeated some things incredibly often, another "accident" happened and after a night's action I ended up back in June's bedroom the next morning. But this time in her shower room. When this door was installed in terms of programming was completely lost on me. I tried to I tried to recall any event starting it but still the trigger event is unclear to me.

I would like to suggest that this border for new options is made permanently visible for as long as it takes the player to discover it. In other words, until it has been selected 1-2 times.
You may also could add an installation or delivery event with someone at door to prominently highlight the beginning of another progress event.

B) After about 9 hours of playing, I accidentally read here in the forum that Tiffany is supposed to be the key to a lot of things and discovered that you can send her a lot of messages via mobile. It's just stupid that you have to knowingly click on the "pixel" text field of the message to do this. Most "players" of renpy are used to button.

Again, I would like to suggest that either this input text field is clearly highlighted (colorfully outlined) or something like: "Messages are available for this character"
"here -> o <- click to open"
is shown.
It's like e.g. in a ego-shooter you are told in this screen are enemies but developer has forgotten to implement them, so that players pointclick their 3840 x 2160 screen for each pixel twice, just to make sure it wasn't anything you (as the player) may have missed about whats going on on screen. Or better, the developer made those enemies invisible ^^.

When it comes to awarding points for individual actions, I'm still undecided about their value. If you cheat for a few additional relationship points via mobile, I have so far gotten the impression that it has no influence on the course of the game. In contrast to Ruca, June in particular is an absolutely immovable character and it seems to me that only consistent completion of the stored tasks leads to the next event. I think it's a shame that an event only takes place according to a predetermined sequence of sequences and at final meets randomization.
There are certainly smoother solutions.
A “trial and error” method won’t get the player very far.

What I couldn't read anywhere and therefore see no possibility of influencing in the game is the "horny level". To see what values there are, I intensively worked on sleeping June for 10 minutes (.. before I read about the sequence to be followed for the following event).
For my 10 minute workout with mouse button, scroll wheel and keyboard to get a further reaction to a pixel image, I received the rating: "0 Feeling", "0 Respect(Fear)", "1 Perversion".
**yeah, I know this is somehow the "deadly pass" for mockery. Keep it to yourself**
Since I am "new" to Duality and have spent "hardly" any time with the game, I haven't been able to form an opinion about those values yet.

Last edited:

naughtygoat

Apr 8, 2022
Honestly such a shame this is being abandoned. The models and art are great. Felt like the maker bit off a bit more than they could chew with it though.

Reactions: holymonity

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
After all he DID say this was his first game and that he had to learn everything. True or not, it's sad that it's gone.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I see last post was in July so this one is still somewhat recent abandoned then so there is some hope at least. At least worth putting on a backlog and check back in a year before deleting it from the backlog lol.

• Sad
Reactions: Kuroko74

holymonity

Apr 18, 2023
everything is possible, one day Duality will return. I still have a lot of things to do with my sexy aunt:devilish:
Yeah, the visuals are too good for such an incomplete story. But I suppose the dev went off on some NoFap or sigma grindset and left this life behind...

I'm not too into the scene but are there devs who pick up old abandoned games and continue them? I suppose IP violations wouldn't be that big of a deal here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ass Fan
3.30 star(s) 67 Votes