mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Wanted to chime in: renders are hawt! Very well done. Drooling.

<- Now I'm off to edit some of my models ha ha ha.

Pcdump

Game player
Donor
Mar 21, 2019
Looks promissing. let's download en play this one. (y)
I love that blonde all the way to the right. yummy. :p
Keep the titties small. :love:

Last edited:

YuNobi

Jun 9, 2020
How do I fix this? I can't read the white text on a white background. All other text colors are extremely bright
Screenshot_20210408-092902_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
This sandbox vs VN debate is so dumb. Just play the game, see if you enjoy it, if you don't just move on. There isn't a right answer here. There are some very good VNs but there are also a lot of shitty ones. The same with sandbox games. I am starting to think that people actually get paid to come to these threads to complain.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Gonna have to disagree. From a Dev perspective Sandbox type games are a no-brainer.
In a straight VN, playtime is extremely short with all sex scenes not repeatable.

So for a dev, a VN = Lot's of work with very little playtime.
If you do multiple paths in your VN, it's even worse. You could bring out an update and the path the player is on could get no content.
Yes the non repeatable part in vn is true.
Thought, most sandbox games are just grindy, stat grinding, love/lust/corruption point grinding etc. lots of repeatable scenes which change a bit with higher stats...which also means a lot of renders, yet barely any actual progress/content in the game and while grind leads to more playtime and let the game look bigger than it actually is, it is not enjoyable.
This is a major point why so many dislike sandbox games in the first place.

Even sandbox often come with different paths, or just 1-2 LI's get new content, u don't like the LI which gets content well no luck, u don't play the corruption route of these LI's no luck etc. there is no difference from a vn which updates only a certain path.

Most sandbox games here go like this:
-To progress with Girl 1 u need progress to event 12 of girl 2.
-To see event 12 of Girl 2 u need to have seen event 4 of girl 3, also u need item xy.
-To see event 4 of Girl 3 u need to to have seen event 5 of girl 4, on time xx, at day xx, u also need to have item xyz and the planets need to be in the correct alignment...additionally this event has only a 30% chance to trigger, so if u'r not lucky try it again, x-days later...

That pretty much makes the sandbox completly pointless, not to mention a grindy time sink and many games are not playable without a very detailed WT.

A lot of the most successful games on here are Sandbox games (In fact now that I think about it almost all of the most successful games are either Full on Sandbox or partially Sandbox)

Big Brother
Man of the House
Milfy City
Being a Dik (Partial)
De Luca Family (Partial)
Personal Trainer
Summertime Saga
Cure my addiction
Wicked Rouge
Peasant's Quest
A struggle with Sin

To name a few.
There are actually very few successful full-sandbox games, which are still in activ development.

-Big Brother is abandoned so are the most of it's clones...and it is a perfect example of a grindfest...which wasn't enjoyable in the last, u needed cheats to make it a barely enjoyable game.
-Milfy City is abandoned too

-Being a Dik & De Luca Family are VN's which have free roam parts, which is very different from a full sandbox game. Most like these games despite these parts, not because of them.

-Peasant's Quest & A struggle with Sin are RPGM games (i also would add Farmer Dreams and Renryuu: Ascension), very good one's imo.
But they are very different to play, compared to sandbox games like Big Brother...alas they are closer to 'real' games.
U have fighting, exploring, crafting, quests etc.
Not to mention that these games are probably the most time/work intensive ones (for the devs) and most good RPGM games here, are already in development for several years and are likely still in dovelopment for years to come.

The key is to limit the grinding and very good hint system. The player should never feel stuck at some point in the game.
Yeah thats already a point where 95%+ of the sandbox games here fail...

For story driven games or games which have a relative linear story, sandbox is simply not needed, it has no advantages over a simple vn. A simple vn is less work for the dev, less bugs do to the sandbox mechanisms and no grind and time sink for the player.

RPGM games aside, the only good sandbox games i can think of, are 'midnight paradise' and 'project atmosphere', that being said, even these games would be better without the sandbox imo, as the sandbox in these games doesn't add anything beneficial.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
How many of those 3330 VN's completed? How many dragged on for more than 3 years?
Doesn't matter, what i was saying is there is almost 6 times as many Vn's than sandboxes not every game has to be a Vn. I didn't mean drag on in terms of updates i meant more Character to character scenes that are gold awfully written, cliché or just pure cringe.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
How many of those 3330 VN's completed? How many dragged on for more than 3 years?
This is always one of those debates that make me smile a bit. :)

Thing is both VN and sandbox like games can be either great or bad, depending on how they are done. :) Now a sandbox style game makes more sense if you want to have many many storylines and characters over time and want to give your players more freedom to either follow certain storylines or pass them over. A VN is way more suited to a more rigid storyline, with fewer characters and deeply concentrating on those few characters (Though you can also do this in a sandbox format. It is harder for a dev to get that balance and flow right in a sandbox).

The main things that can go wrong with a sandbox easily though is fact that dev has to be careful not to open up to many places at start so game feels empty and like the sandbox has no sand. Indecent desires with its sandbox where it is already pretty hard and lots of work to find the scenes with the walkthrough behind the paywall is the worst kind of example of this.

Also on that point make sure that every player location a player can visit at least already has a meaning in game and if the toilet will get a meaning 5 updates further in, nothing wrong with having developed it already, but not add it already for scenes of an empty toilet bowl :p Nobody plays a game I suspect to just open empty rooms 90% of the time.

Second thing is the grind and balance of work/reward a player feels while playing the game. Now I may be wrong, but not many people will enjoy having to do the dishes 20 times with same scene and same discussion between chars to get any further. This can be alleviated already if still like to keep that aspect in by small changes in talks as relation grows between characters or have their clothes change a little as the relation grows so the player gets at least some little bone thrown his/her way and some interest in that scene 10th time he replays it.

Well this game has gorgeous renders so looking forward to future development, just hope that influence dev wants to have patrons on game will not mean he forgets that he is the project manager of this game and making sure the game balance and driving forward of the various stories remains his responsibility and people will complain to him if part of game/characters start to feel overly stalled due to concentration on one or two characters as we have seen before. :p

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Art looks good i hope the story will be good to :) or at least average i'll watch this game and give it a shot.
BTW go and open a ticket for a Game Developer badget

Per<3rsioN

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I finished making the first hotfix for the game.
Thank you all for reporting bugs and typos, your help is greatly appreciated!

To install it, simply copy the "game" folder you'll find within the archive to your game's directory. Merge and replace all files when asked.

Changelog:
Fixed some typos.
Fixed character relations mistakes.
Fixed a bug that prevented the correct function of the "return" button in the game menu.
Fixed a bug that didn't allow you to ask for your allowance if choosing the "Demand it." option.
Fixed a few mispelled labels that caused errors.

On a side note, I am truly blown away by the reception the game's gotten so far!
Seeing all of you play the game and get involved by liking, commenting and even subscribing to my Patreon gives me a ton of motivation to keep striving to reach the goals I set for the game. :)

View attachment duality_hotfix.zip

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This is always one of those debates that make me smile a bit. :)

Thing is both VN and sandbox like games can be either great or bad, depending on how they are done. :) Now a sandbox style game makes more sense if you want to have many many storylines and characters over time and want to give your players more freedom to either follow certain storylines or pass them over. A VN is way more suited to a more rigid storyline, with fewer characters and deeply concentrating on those few characters (Though you can also do this in a sandbox format. It is harder for a dev to get that balance and flow right in a sandbox).

The main things that can go wrong with a sandbox easily though is fact that dev has to be careful not to open up to many places at start so game feels empty and like the sandbox has no sand. Indecent desires with its sandbox where it is already pretty hard and lots of work to find the scenes with the walkthrough behind the paywall is the worst kind of example of this.

Also on that point make sure that every player location a player can visit at least already has a meaning in game and if the toilet will get a meaning 5 updates further in, nothing wrong with having developed it already, but not add it already for scenes of an empty toilet bowl :p Nobody plays a game I suspect to just open empty rooms 90% of the time.

Second thing is the grind and balance of work/reward a player feels while playing the game. Now I may be wrong, but not many people will enjoy having to do the dishes 20 times with same scene and same discussion between chars to get any further. This can be alleviated already if still like to keep that aspect in by small changes in talks as relation grows between characters or have their clothes change a little as the relation grows so the player gets at least some little bone thrown his/her way and some interest in that scene 10th time he replays it.

Well this game has gorgeous renders so looking forward to future development, just hope that influence dev wants to have patrons on game will not mean he forgets that he is the project manager of this game and making sure the game balance and driving forward of the various stories remains his responsibility and people will complain to him if part of game/characters start to feel overly stalled due to concentration on one or two characters as we have seen before. :p
Would be nice if locations that doesn't have content could be teasers for upcoming content but would have a clear "WIP" on them so you know there isn't any content there atm. Have players chase their own tale look for content that is not in the game yet, will just turn them away. This game does it right by have a ingame walkthrough that tell you exactly what content you have (So far).

Not so much grind in this game really (so far), as actions you do unlock more options you can pick, which will again open up more rather speedy.

In this game you start out as a utter pervert from the get go though. There is no doubt what kind of character you will be playing. Even you have like 3 values you can gain with girls, it doesn't really matter much in regard of the MC itself that just come across as a dog :p

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Per<3rsioN and DA22

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Most sandbox games here go like this:
-To progress with Girl 1 u need progress to event 12 of girl 2.
-To see event 12 of Girl 2 u need to have seen event 4 of girl 3, also u need item xy.
-To see event 4 of Girl 3 u need to to have seen event 5 of girl 4, on time xx, at day xx, u also need to have item xyz and the planets need to be in the correct alignment...additionally this event has only a 30% chance to trigger, so if u'r not lucky try it again, x-days later...

That pretty much makes the sandbox completly pointless, not to mention a grindy time sink and many games are not playable without a very detailed WT.
You like "The Twist" don't you? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Avor

Per<3rsioN

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
How do I fix this? I can't read the white text on a white background. All other text colors are extremely bright
View attachment 1130918
Seems like an issue with the textbox, perhaps try to re-download the game.
If you look inside "gamedirectory/game/gui" you should find a file named texbox.png. That image should look black with neon purple borders. If it looks any different, that's the issue.

Goood release, u planed to add more sleep fun? , i follow the tread, tanks
Absolutely, ideally for every girl.

Reactions: _DarkDesires_
3.30 star(s) 67 Votes