Zetsunotsurugi

Jul 28, 2020
whoever is having severe lag issues later into the game with a reasonably powerful setup, try changing win64=false to win64=true in browscap.ini in game folder/MonoBleedingEdge/etc/mono

seemed to solve it to me, although you might need to restart the game a few times

edit: seems to work on rng, more reliable way to fix it is to load a save from the ch1-ish and load your current save

Last edited:
Reactions: JimTee

Zetsunotsurugi

Jul 28, 2020
there are some issues when the official patch is applied, namely lynn's sprite on dialogues gets broken, but I haven't seen any other major issues, I think

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
there are some issues when the official patch is applied, namely lynn's sprite on dialogues gets broken, but I haven't seen any other major issues, I think
They're aware of this sadly... Don't know what happened with Lynn when the Patch got applied but they're gonna fix it.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well, revisiting this game was fun. For context, I played this waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when while it was in JP, using some tips from umlf to figure out what's what.

The experience is definitely way better in English... for the most part. The most disappointing part, even if I expected it, is the fact that the protagonist remains as a human with what's her face's blessing, rather than becoming an actual demon of some kind. The protagonist was definitely the weakest part of this game... but I suppose that's to be expected of generic self-insert bait.

At least Lunasoft still don't pull back punches on the implications in their games, even if they don't go as far as showing all the brutal CGs. If you stop to think about it beyond the horny, at the end of the day, this game is REALLY f'n dark... The protagonist basically kills the minds of most of the girls except Lynn, who's too strong, and Reina, who's already on the dark-side. Oh, and the DLC girls too, I guess, but being cock-addicted goblin breeders isn't much better... Then most of the seed beds (aka generic village girls and so on) actually get killed when used and the game tells that to your face.

Gameplay-wise... I didn't find Normal difficulty particularly hard? The game's not subtle about how it works, at least to me, and I've always been a fan of management and strategy type stuff. That said, I did shamelessly "cheat" by save-scumming to control how often the heroines invaded the dungeons and to buy extra turns on the earlier heroines by making sure they got captured as slowly as humanly possible. That let me do most if not all of the researches for that tier in peace. Except for the traps.

Traps are a trap early on. The only trap that starts becoming useful after around the third or 4th heroine is captured, is the poison trap which you can plop at the entrance and it will always land free damage for you.

Everything else? Gold sinks that you can do without. Only the slow trap becomes really good later on in the game, since you can afford to put a row of them after the poison trap and two of those fate things to attract elites, and benefit from slowed enemies running into your front line and getting decimated. On top of that, it helps to be able to sell trap items for more gold, which allows the trap research to get refunded and then even provide extra income with the black market.

Of course, with this strategy, by the time I got to the end-game, I was so well set up that I just sank 6k gold in the final research over two turns to just finish faster because I had nothing to do except breed hobgoblins and scrounge more stats on the girls. (Got Reina to 28 training sessions and everyone else at 21 before I got bored. Three of the DLC heroines were max corrupted and the mage girl was nearly there too.)

Not gonna try the higher difficulties though. I'm not a masochist, and there's simply no NG+ anything that would make it worth it.

At most, I might try Endless mode if I'm really bored... but that's unlikely at the moment.

Reactions: flannan

South12345

Mar 14, 2023
Well, revisiting this game was fun. For context, I played this waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when while it was in JP, using some tips from umlf to figure out what's what.

The experience is definitely way better in English... for the most part. The most disappointing part, even if I expected it, is the fact that the protagonist remains as a human with what's her face's blessing, rather than becoming an actual demon of some kind. The protagonist was definitely the weakest part of this game... but I suppose that's to be expected of generic self-insert bait.

At least Lunasoft still don't pull back punches on the implications in their games, even if they don't go as far as showing all the brutal CGs. If you stop to think about it beyond the horny, at the end of the day, this game is REALLY f'n dark... The protagonist basically kills the minds of most of the girls except Lynn, who's too strong, and Reina, who's already on the dark-side. Oh, and the DLC girls too, I guess, but being cock-addicted goblin breeders isn't much better... Then most of the seed beds (aka generic village girls and so on) actually get killed when used and the game tells that to your face.

Gameplay-wise... I didn't find Normal difficulty particularly hard? The game's not subtle about how it works, at least to me, and I've always been a fan of management and strategy type stuff. That said, I did shamelessly "cheat" by save-scumming to control how often the heroines invaded the dungeons and to buy extra turns on the earlier heroines by making sure they got captured as slowly as humanly possible. That let me do most if not all of the researches for that tier in peace. Except for the traps.

Traps are a trap early on. The only trap that starts becoming useful after around the third or 4th heroine is captured, is the poison trap which you can plop at the entrance and it will always land free damage for you.

Everything else? Gold sinks that you can do without. Only the slow trap becomes really good later on in the game, since you can afford to put a row of them after the poison trap and two of those fate things to attract elites, and benefit from slowed enemies running into your front line and getting decimated. On top of that, it helps to be able to sell trap items for more gold, which allows the trap research to get refunded and then even provide extra income with the black market.

Of course, with this strategy, by the time I got to the end-game, I was so well set up that I just sank 6k gold in the final research over two turns to just finish faster because I had nothing to do except breed hobgoblins and scrounge more stats on the girls. (Got Reina to 28 training sessions and everyone else at 21 before I got bored. Three of the DLC heroines were max corrupted and the mage girl was nearly there too.)

Not gonna try the higher difficulties though. I'm not a masochist, and there's simply no NG+ anything that would make it worth it.

At most, I might try Endless mode if I'm really bored... but that's unlikely at the moment.
I also like the strategy thing and the CG style is also good. Do you have any suggestion on similar games ?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I also like the strategy thing and the CG style is also good. Do you have any suggestion on similar games ?
That I personally played? The only game that has any kind of similarity, and that's only extremely vaguely, is Goblin's Burrow.

I heard about... Demonion? I think it was called? But I never played it myself, so I don't know if it's genuinely similar or not.

If I played any other H-game that's genuinely similar to this one, I can't remember it, probably because it was terrible. XD

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
That I personally played? The only game that has any kind of similarity, and that's only extremely vaguely, is Goblin's Burrow.

I heard about... Demonion? I think it was called? But I never played it myself, so I don't know if it's genuinely similar or not.

If I played any other H-game that's genuinely similar to this one, I can't remember it, probably because it was terrible. XD
Demonion is both Dungeon Attack and Defense AND you control your units too!
It makes Dungeon's Legion look like CHILD'S PLAY in comparison!
I played Demonion 2 (MTL'd), it's in here if you want to download it!

South12345

Mar 14, 2023

Demonion is both Dungeon Attack and Defense AND you control your units too!
It makes Dungeon's Legion look like CHILD'S PLAY in comparison!
I played Demonion 2 (MTL'd), it's in here if you want to download it!
Actually I really like the dark concept where in dungeon's legion, 4 heroes-to-be (DLC Girls) are captured and meet such fate.
So if you have more suggestion on games with similar concept (with any gameplay), I'm really grateful. One game I played which qualify that is The Agnietta.

Thank you for the recommendations

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes