FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Is there an actual game that uses this gameplay? The gameplay is fun as fuck
Suzukuri Dungeon Karin
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some people had trouble running it and some consider it to have a virus though, but similar dungeon lord gameplay of setting up traps/troops. More VN elements too, whether or not you like that. The story focuses more on daily life between your allies rather than how you treat captives. You don't even kill or rape your enemies, it's a lot more family friendly, lol. It's also a lot higher quality/polished because it was done by a pro team.

Something important to note if you plan on playing that is you're supposed to lose multiple times. It's one of those games that requires newgame+ to complete.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Something important to note if you plan on playing that is you're supposed to lose multiple times. It's one of those games that requires newgame+ to complete.
You aren't losing if you are banging your heroines with their endings. But yes you need NG+ a couple of times if you want to bang the Karin chick.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Is there an actual game that uses this gameplay? The gameplay is fun as fuck
Demonion (1 and 2). Biggest problem is only interface translation patches exist for them. I mean you can always hook them up to textractor or something for some MTL text which will be enough to figure the story. But it requires a bit of fiddling

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Demonion (1 and 2). Biggest problem is only interface translation patches exist for them. I mean you can always hook them up to textractor or something for some MTL text which will be enough to figure the story. But it requires a bit of fiddling
Wow, surprised I've never heard of those until now. Guess they were released in the gap between when I was checking in on H game forums. Those look amazing, too bad about no full trans.

1:
2:

Use Jdownload 2 or something if DLing from there because the free file provider there has timers on consecutive downloads.

Listed all the capture scene requirements since many are cut off in game:

Last edited:
Reactions: JustAnotherUser00

azaharin

Mar 28, 2019
Hello! I seem to have a problem after using the download from NOPY. After extracting the files and when I try to run the exe, I get a "The code execution cannot proceed because UnityPlayer.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I'll start downloading another to test to see if that'll work and I'll report back when it finishes.

Edit:
The download from MixDrop works at the very least o7

Last edited:
Reactions: KIZER-V

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Damn the status effects aren't explained anywhere, and the game is choke full of them.
It is also bad that there only one unit can attack another unit with the other units doing nothing outside of room effects, making synergies kinda useless.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Damn the status effects aren't explained anywhere, and the game is choke full of it.
It is also bad that there only one unit can attack another unit with the other units doing nothing outside of room effects, making synergies kinda useless.
Confusion can make enemies move in the wrong direction, even heading back to the room they just left. It's good for keeping them walking through poison repeatedly. I think it can even make them walk away from combat, though that might have been charm. Hard to tell if both can do that.

Charm I think can make enemies attack each other, that's one of the end game skills of the elf girl. Pretty sure they'll even leave their current room to go find one of their buddies to smack if none are nearby. I never saw them do that with only confusion, so I'm pretty sure it's charm.

Poison does HP% of damage, you'll see it do like 50+ damage to the high end enemies but only 8ish to the low damage enemies. It's one of the best traps oddly enough even as the first unlocked trap because of how reliable and cheap it is throughout the game. The only downside is that it doesn't last all that long or affect healers very well since they can heal themselves out of combat. Once you have 4-5 rows you may want to place more a couple rows past the first one. I always kept this as my first room trap.

The slow slows movement speed and attack speed I believe, the downside is that it doesn't last long and it's best put right before your guards. Even putting it a couple rooms away means it'll probably wear off too soon to be useful.

Agree on the synergy stuff. About the only synergy I really felt was using the support girl to heal mage mobs because they have low hp and she heals a flat amount. Her room can blitz down most mobs pretty safely with casters that would die quickly if paired with other leaders. Of course end game you can super charge your girls and they can practically solo mobs.

This is one of those games where once you figure out something that works, there's really no reason to ever change anything. That made me pretty sad. I've been using the same strat since like chapter 2. I feel like to make it more interesting traps should only last one turn (and be much cheaper of course) and have certain traps/mobs that counter or are weak against certain mobs. Then give the player a hint of what kind of mobs are coming next assault, pretty easy to explain by you sending out scouts and such to check out the incoming army. That way you have to think about how best to counter the incoming enemies instead of just doing the same shit over and over. I really have no desire to replay this.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Es_Ego and DuniX

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Sorry for bit of off topic, but do you know what kind of fiddling would help with it? First time I'm trying to use Textractor so I'm a bit lost. I want to have the name of the person talking linked into that main window or it's difficult to tell what's happening but that doesn't show up in any of the hooks by default.

I tried japanese text searching a hook of the main character's name (アスタロス), but it ended up with hundreds of results and most have rate limit exceeded warnings. Is there a more reliable way to find it without being spammed? I tried another name (ジリオラ) and same issue. It's picking up image and ogg names and all sorts of things, can't find the in game text.

Current code for the main text

I tried the general hook search...and cheezus, 4759 results. I ctrl f'd through the results and didn't find the name results either that aren't images or whatever. I think whatever it is is being missed by the default search terms, but I don't know what to alter in there to find it. I can't find the hook at all in any search I'm trying.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
First time I'm trying to use Textractor so I'm a bit lost. I want to have the name of the person talking linked into that main window or it's difficult to tell what's happening but that doesn't show up in any of the hooks by default.
You just need to use the thread linker extension.
The name is in another thread and it needs to be tied together.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
You just need to use the thread linker extension.
The name is in another thread and it needs to be tied together.
Yeah, I figured that much out a while ago. The issue now is finding where the name hook is. I think I'd need somebody that has played the game before to help with that, unless there's some extra catch all codes that work with games like this.

One thing I've noticed is the brackets around the names is never used in the search results either【ジリオラ】

It does catch it when you check the log in game though. I wonder if it breaks something when searching using weird characters like that. Posted the results that should have the below text in there somewhere (if it's not straight up excluded from the search for some reason).

Edit: If I search for like【ジリオラ】in the program (not the results notepad) it does find results, though they don't continue updating. It's static messages like:【ジリオラ】%r「つまらんことを言うのが私の仕事です」
[Giliola]% r "My job is to say boring things."

Edit Edit: You have to save the results txt and open it rather than just clicking it here btw, or all the characters will be jacked up even more than usual lol.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Just check all the threads, don't you have multiple?

Try this hook see if it works:

ctrl+f デモニオン
Nah, not by default. There are only a couple at the start of the game anyways. Tried the code there and it crashes my game after saying it's inserting UserHook1.

I noticed in a faq somewhere somebody said they also couldn't find some hooks like that and it might just be the way the game works. Welp, I guess I can check the names in the log and try to memorize them.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Nah, not by default. There are only a couple at the start of the game anyways. Tried the code there and it crashes my game after saying it's inserting UserHook1.

I noticed in a faq somewhere somebody said they also couldn't find some hooks like that and it might just be the way the game works. Welp, I guess I can check the names in the log and try to memorize them.
I think I played it with Translator Aggregator and AGTH, so that should at least work.
Or maybe I found the right hook.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Oh! you should check the forums like umlf as they have threads with the game with information.

Fluffy LOVELY 99

Aug 31, 2021
Game turn black anyone can help out

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: IL Compile Error (unknown location) ---> HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: IL Compile Error (unknown location) ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at HarmonyLib.Internal.RuntimeFixes.StackTraceFixes.OnILChainRefresh (System.Object self) [0x00000] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
at MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.ILHook.Apply () [0x00059] in <4fc6695ecceb4b02aae56cad81c83183>:0
at HarmonyLib.Public.Patching.ManagedMethodPatcher.DetourTo (System.Reflection.MethodBase replacement) [0x00047] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at HarmonyLib.Public.Patching.ManagedMethodPatcher.DetourTo (System.Reflection.MethodBase replacement) [0x0005f] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
at HarmonyLib.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, HarmonyLib.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00033] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException (System.Exception exception, System.Reflection.MethodBase original) [0x00045] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch () [0x00084] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll (System.Type type) [0x00008] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
at HarmonyLib.Harmony.CreateAndPatchAll (System.Type type, System.String harmonyInstanceId) [0x0001e] in <48ac0133328b486983afe98eee5b730e>:0
at BepInEx.Preloader.RuntimeFixes.ConsoleSetOutFix.Apply () [0x0001f] in <4c3533f771b442b58e3bc86eab9f3ef2>:0
at BepInEx.Preloader.PreloaderRunner.PreloaderMain () [0x00011] in <4c3533f771b442b58e3bc86eab9f3ef2>:0
at BepInEx.Preloader.PreloaderRunner.PreloaderPreMain () [0x0005c] in <4c3533f771b442b58e3bc86eab9f3ef2>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in <44afb4564e9347cf99a1865351ea8f4a>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0004b] in <44afb4564e9347cf99a1865351ea8f4a>:0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <44afb4564e9347cf99a1865351ea8f4a>:0
at BepInEx.Preloader.Entrypoint.Main () [0x0008b] in <4c3533f771b442b58e3bc86eab9f3ef2>:0

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Delete everything outside of saves and reinstall the game.

After reinstalling the game it seems like it's one of those games where you can't get the names.
You could probably find it with cheat engine but making it a hook is complicated.
There is a plugin for cheat engine called hook any text that might create a hook code.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
After reinstalling the game it seems like it's one of those games where you can't get the names.
You could probably find it with cheat engine but making it a hook is complicated.
There is a plugin for cheat engine called hook any text that might create a hook code.
Thanks for checking.

Sorry, never had a problem with understanding who is talking so never bothered to look up name linkage. So i am at the same level on that question.
Yeah I thought it would be worse than it is since the game starts off introducing a shit ton of characters, but it seems like it mostly sticks to them after that. I thought it would be the type of game with like hundreds of characters. It's actually not that bad after the start.

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes