Others Abandoned Dungeons of Desire [v0.4.1] [Fat Rooster]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

starlord777

Sep 4, 2019
I just got the game and some characters (1 of the goblins and a zombie thing) is blanking out (goblin just doesn't appear and the zombie have a black box come over it) so I just die before I can get any actually get any progress, can someone help me with that because I don't know what to do.

Scratch that, make it every enemy except the scarecrow and 1 of the goblins

ZithL

Jul 14, 2018
Fat Rooster has released an update on their Patreon:
"Hello, everyone! I know you've all been patiently waiting for more information about the future of Dungeons of Desire, so I would like to begin by thanking you all for your continued support through the Covid-19 pandemic. I, like many others, have been thrown off track by the virus and have been forced to rearrange priorities, which unfortunately means focusing less time on Dungeons of Desire. It would be ideal to apply 110% of my attention to development, but sadly that can not be the case. I had originally planned to have an early access version of chapter 2 available by now; containing the first level and at least 5 enemies to boot. Chapter 2 is going to be built from the bottom up, that means completely remaking the combat system, and changing my approach to animation in order to better convey block timing and make everything feel smooth and satisfying for the player.

In its current state, chapter 2 is not a playable game. I have a handful of animations and some systems partially built, but not enough to share just yet.

After rearranging my development plan based on the pandemic, I am estimating an alpha release in mid June. I can not guarantee anything at this time due to the ever-shifting situation, all I can promise is that I will do my best.

With this is mind, I completely understand if any of you can not continue your pledges in the following months. I will be doing my best to keep everyone updated on my progress into the next release.

I greatly appreciate the support and patience of everyone in these crazy times. If anyone has any questions or just wants to share their thoughts or feelings, please feel free to DM me or shoot me an email at fatroostergames666@gmail.com

Thank you!"

I was really worried this game would vanish, glad they're still around and working hard. I really enjoy(ed) this game, even without the lewd aspect.

ZithL

Jul 14, 2018
What happend to this game, is still alive?
Currently it seems to hit bit of a development snag with Rooster completely re-doing the game, and then the virus pausing progress even more. He's also gone quiet, a few people asked for an update on his last patreon post, since he said a build would be ready around mid june. So we're left to just stalk monitor his patreon for any news. I've been checking it every day so I'll try to post said news asap, if there is any.

Reactions: daniel_horns

daniel_horns

Aug 26, 2018
Currently it seems to hit bit of a development snag with Rooster completely re-doing the game, and then the virus pausing progress even more. He's also gone quiet, a few people asked for an update on his last patreon post, since he said a build would be ready around mid june. So we're left to just stalk monitor his patreon for any news. I've been checking it every day so I'll try to post said news asap, if there is any.
thank you bro, i will be expecting the update too

SN123

May 10, 2018
Hes alive guys he finally started posting in his

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
The game got updated i think can someone post it ?
What makes you think that? I checked their Patreon, and it just seems they have an animation to release. And I assume this isn't an animation for the game, but a completely separate animation like they've done in the past.

Regardless, it is a little odd that the post from August 1st says it should be public in two days. Those two days have obviously already passed now, but I don't see any more posts after that.

Reactions: SN123

ZithL

Jul 14, 2018
Regardless, it is a little odd that the post from August 1st says it should be public in two days. Those two days have obviously already passed now, but I don't see any more posts after that.
To be fair, he said there'd be a super wip build available in june and we're well past that... I just wish he'd give us an update on whats going on.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
To be fair, he said there'd be a super wip build available in june and we're well past that... I just wish he'd give us an update on whats going on.
Wouldn't be the first time an estimate from a dev wasn't met. So it's not surprising. But yeah, I'd like an update as well.

Fat-Rooster

Sep 30, 2019
What makes you think that? I checked their Patreon, and it just seems they have an animation to release. And I assume this isn't an animation for the game, but a completely separate animation like they've done in the past.

Sorry for the confusion, it says 2 days because it originally said 7, I've been updating that date as it becomes available to lower tier patrons. The true public release date is tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fat-Rooster

Sep 30, 2019
I never promised a specific build release date, June was a rough estimate at the time, but not a promise. I haven't had the time to work on it as much as I did during development for chapter 1, which I've made known to my patrons. I will be making a public status update as progress nears closer to completion.

In the meantime, I am still releasing animations every month.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes