RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
So from what I gather about this game:
Leo is kind of a throw away MC. He doesn't have much in terms of personality and he's mostly there to be a debauchery vehicle. He's basically a "Mysterious Loner" trope with a dick. The top knot pony tail makes him look obnoxious like Steven Segal in his early career. He has absolutely no appeal to be identified with by the player.

The main meat of the game is supposed to be Julia, who as far as I can tell is there to be slutified. Julia's personality so far at the start of the game is romantic when it comes to sex. She's of the belief that sex is only meant to be between people who love each other and every other character in the game is meant to make her be as slutty as possible, if that opening is any indication. Her father, Ruby, Leo, Frank, Chad and Marcus are all there to make her much more open to casual sex and relationships.

Hell there is a point if you follow Leo's path where Frank even says something to the point of 'Even if you like her, she's going to have to sleep with other people as part of the job" and the two answers you are able to pick are "Ok" and "I guess I'll try". You aren't even able to say "No, I don't want her to be used like that". The point of the game is clearly drawn right then to get her more comfortable with the idea of using her body and even passing it around.

I wouldn't exactly say this game has NTR as it's normally defined; it's just more you see a lot of scenes where women the MCs have a chance with, engaged in casual sex with other people. But it's never outside the realm of your own control.

So in totality the plot seems sorta meh, given that we're shown the case is fake. Leo is worth almost nothing as a protagonist and Julia is there simply to be corrupted in front of our eyes and then put her in increasingly corrupted activities to move the plot along. Probably with the final intention being her father wants to fuck her and set this whole thing up as a means to get her to be open to the idea.

Reactions: bcool

TTrick

Well-Known Boomer
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2018
So from what I gather about this game:
Leo is kind of a throw away MC. He doesn't have much in terms of personality and he's mostly there to be a debauchery vehicle. He's basically a "Mysterious Loner" trope with a dick. The top knot pony tail makes him look obnoxious like Steven Segal in his early career. He has absolutely no appeal to be identified with by the player.

We know Leo isn’t in the best spot right now in terms of plot and we intend to change that in future updates.
About his haircut, thats your own preference, until we reach to a point when we can have customize characters some people won’t be happy with the devs choices, thats just how it is.

The main meat of the game is supposed to be Julia, who as far as I can tell is there to be slutified. Julia's personality so far at the start of the game is romantic when it comes to sex. She's of the belief that sex is only meant to be between people who love each other and every other character in the game is meant to make her be as slutty as possible, if that opening is any indication. Her father, Ruby, Leo, Frank, Chad and Marcus are all there to make her much more open to casual sex and relationships.
About Julia, its true that we hint that she might end up in the corruption path, it can be the other way around.
If all your choices led you to think she will be 100% corrupted thats because of your own choices.
And we don’t have a Ruby in the game, I believe you meant April.

Hell there is a point if you follow Leo's path where Frank even says something to the point of 'Even if you like her, she's going to have to sleep with other people as part of the job" and the two answers you are able to pick are "Ok" and "I guess I'll try". You aren't even able to say "No, I don't want her to be used like that". The point of the game is clearly drawn right then to get her more comfortable with the idea of using her body and even passing it around.
Simply not true, Frank said to Leo that she might have her ways in solving the case and some of her tools can be seducing guys to advance with the on going investigation, but he never said what you quoted. Besides, if you played more than one time you might have seen that you can solve a case in many ways, and we have two protagonists in the game so if Julia decided to seduce someone by herself that means you didn’t play your cards right as Leo.

So in totality the plot seems sorta meh, given that we're shown the case is fake. Leo is worth almost nothing as a protagonist and Julia is there simply to be corrupted in front of our eyes and then put her in increasingly corrupted activities to move the plot along. Probably with the final intention being her father wants to fuck her and set this whole thing up as a means to get her to be open to the idea.
The game is only in 0.2 there is still a lot more planned.
I won’t go into more details because I don’t want to ruin it for people that actually like the game so far.
This last part you could have put under spoilers because you are giving away the plot twist.

Overall,
Thanks for playing and giving it a shot, I hope you will find games that are more up your ally.

Last edited:

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I hate the engine. I like the look of the game.

But it takes so long ... when I am correct the last updates was months ago, and then there is "just" some remaster and no new content, I dont play games with "free roam" multiple times because it is to cumbersome, not like renpy VNs, they are easy to playthru multiple times, like GGGB (maybe 25+ runs?). So I only care for the 1 path I currently have. Maybe when the game is done ... :(

But keep up the good work and I hope that we will get some more content in the next updates :)

Reactions: hr17

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Well everybody has their tastes and preferences. I for one find this one of the most promising games around. Althought it's still short it didn't left me with impression of a dumb female MC, like most of the corruption games out there.

TTrick I hope you guys keep developping Julia properly and not turn her into a mindless slut. I hope she'll become slutty and sexual as the game progresses, but at the same time I hope that she'll have continue to have some personality and that she evolves into a more sexual being because she feels like it and not because she's compelled by an idiotic plot and moronic characters like in most games with a female MC. So far, in my opinion, you gave it a good balance (althought I thought the scene at the beach with April and Marcus was bit over the edge and too soon to be going that far - having a bit more teasing and less action would be my way to go at such an early stage) and I'm looking forward to see how this all will evolve.

As for Leo I don't consider him to be bleak. Maybe he could have a bit more of some "rough edges", either being a bit a more sarcastic or more daring, but none the less he feels like someone real. Once again, as a comparison with most MC characters in the corruption games, he doesn't sound like of a brainless prick, as most of them do. He has some good written dialogues and he actually knows how to talk to women. It's refreshing to see a male MC who doesn't "bark" the word slut every couple of sentences at the females he encounters.

As for the plot, that's the other upper point, cause this game actually has one, and it feels like something realistic. Most of the games around I feel to have extremely forced plots, there's not proper build for the scenes or the several characters that the MC's come across, and as short as Duo is, it does leave the feeling that things make sense and events unfold in a fluid way.

That said, I wish you guys all the best and I'll be sure to keep checking back on your progress!

Reactions: hr17 and TTrick

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Nope! We are just going through a difficult life period now.
We haven't ditched any game and are still working on them. However, LSS will be getting an update before Duo.
Just glad you´re more or less at it still, just checked the patreon page for updates and nothing much new there.. I liked Duo a fair bit and LSS was good as well, just waiting for more updates when you get around to it, take care.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes