• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 95 Votes

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hello.
I was just wondering in regards to the background tracks that are in the game.
I am very much interested in one of them and when I use Shazam to find the music, it says that it is "Dive on" by "DC in the Mix". But I have scoured the internet to find it but I can't, for whatever reason, be able to find a version I could listen to.

So, if you could let me know more on the game's playlist, and where I could find a playable version, I would very much appreciate your kind help.
If you have a Spotify account, the album is here:

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
so disappointed with this update...waited chapter after chapter for lizzie to come back. just so she can get written off in the most nonsense stupid way possible
Welcome to a Daniels K game. I suggest you never play any of his previous titles for this reason. He likes to do "This is where this character leaves, are you going with?" endings.

In general, his story telling is amazing, but he can't end a game to save his life.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
lul
I see this dev still can only really write an 'act 1', then bumbles through 'act 2' and finally says "fuck this shit I'm out" when it comes to 'act 3' like his previous VNs.

He should google "how to write story endings" or something ...

btw I feel like the MC in this story has the IQ of a labrador.
Hey now, that's not nice. Labrador is one of the smartest breed!

Played part one of PF and hated the ending. Debating if I wanna start part two or not.
I vaguely recall someone mentioning that PF was chopped into 2 due to size. So the end of part 1 wasn't really the end of the story and if you stop there of course the ending would suck. Having said that, the endings of part 2 still weren't that good imo.

Other Daniels K VN:

My Girlfriends Amnesia (RPGM) i think it had a renpy remake- ending sucked
Pine Falls (Renpy) ending also sucked one of them had the MC just disappear into the fog and thats it
Stranded with benefits (RPGM)- didn't play it since i don't really like rpgm platform
Lancaster Boarding House- Renpy (stopped playing halfway because i knew the ending sucked
MGA had an unofficial renpy remake. It also had a Renpy epilogue short story.

Also, there was another RPGM game called Zoe's Temptations after SwB and before MGA. But true to DK's form, the endings weren't that good.

Nov 18, 2020
My chapter 11 save won't load at all. I have tried multiple times deleting chapter 12 and re downloading and then using the save fix. I don't know what to do. Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Jul 1, 2018
Really liked Amnesia GF and liked Landcaster BH but this one is kinda meh. IMO, the lack of male characters and important choices make it really bad. Everything turns around the mc and his d*** with no consequence if you sleep with everyone.

The vampire theme could have also been more exploited with more powers, more sadistic choices making the MC a douchebag the more he drinks blood rather than a mere sidequest.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
My chapter 11 save won't load at all. I have tried multiple times deleting chapter 12 and re downloading and then using the save fix. I don't know what to do. Any ideas on how to solve this issue?
try even earlier save or autosave.

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
Dusklight Manor [Ep.12] [Daniels K] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 2.90 GB
Original MAC Size: 2.88 GB

Compressed PC Size: 540.6 MB MEGA
Compressed MAC Size: 523.7 MB MEGA

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.
Anyone else having trouble with the compressed version? I.E. nothing happens when i run it. It doesn't even create a log and traceback file.

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
Wait, my man is on his 5th game and he's still using those annoying tropes and can't write an ending for shit? Come on dude, do you even read feedback?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Wait, my man is on his 5th game and he's still using those annoying tropes and can't write an ending for shit? Come on dude, do you even read feedback?
From a pirate site he doesn't frequent? Doubtful.
So long as his patrons stay happy with the works he delivers i don't see any reason why he would want to change. :censored:

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
From a pirate site he doesn't frequent? Doubtful.
So long as his patrons stay happy with the works he delivers i don't see any reason why he would want to change. :censored:
I'm not necessarily talking about feedback on this forum, just in general. At this point someone had to complain about quality of his writing, especially the endings.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm not necessarily talking about feedback on this forum, just in general. At this point someone had to complain about quality of his writing, especially the endings.
Complaints happen all the time.
What RC-1138 is saying, is that the dev won't see any reason to alter his approach, unless his income takes a dive as a result of it.
If customers keep buying the product, then they must be happy with it, right?

The evidence provided by the income sheet is far more powerful than people complaining.
If the money keeps rolling in, who cares about the complainers?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
More than his 5th game.
  1. Stranded with Benefits (Part I & II can even arguably be considered 2 games)
  2. Zoe's Temptation
  3. My Girlfriend's Amnesia
  4. Lancaster Boarding House
  5. Pine Falls
So Dusklight Manor is at least his 6th game. And one could argue that his earlier RPGM games SwB & ZT actually had better proper endings too. It seems DK is now trying way too hard to tie all his games into this "unsolved mystery universe" of his and is failing rather miserably.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Complaints happen all the time.
What RC-1138 is saying, is that the dev won't see any reason to alter his approach, unless his income takes a dive as a result of it.
If customers keep buying the product, then they must be happy with it, right?

The evidence provided by the income sheet is far more powerful than people complaining.
If the money keeps rolling in, who cares about the complainers?
Pretty much this. Graphtreon shows a steady increase on patron support over the last 12 months.

I dare to say we won't find many people complaining about his stories, dialogues and endings there.

That's a fair point. I guess as an aspiring writer I was approaching it from the "I want to write a good story" angle, rather than the pragmatic (or cynical) "I want to write a story that makes a lot of money".
He was able to turn this into a steady income source, i don't fault him for not trying to rock his boat.
Still a shame, he writes some really interesting mysteries.

Reactions: User1230 and Phegor

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
That's a fair point. I guess as an aspiring writer I was approaching it from the "I want to write a good story" angle, rather than the pragmatic (or cynical) "I want to write a story that makes a lot of money".
I imagine most start out this way, with the best of intentions.
But once money starts rolling in and it becomes a business, often a perspective shift happens and the passion gets replaced as the driving force, by economics.
Instead of (necessarily) writing about what I'm passionate about, I'm writing what the paying customers want to receive.

3.50 star(s) 95 Votes