3.50 star(s) 95 Votes

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
View attachment 1035767

i found a bug, if i choose have sex with her -> force close programs
I got this crash after I found a working save from the end of Chapter 9. Then I started over from scratch, fast forwarded through the whole damned thing, just to get this same exact crash. It does appear to continue if you refuse her, but I didn't explore too far beyond the scene change. I went as far as replacing the script.rpa back to its original and trying again. Same crash. I'm not about to fast foward the whole thing again though. Guess I'll just check out the gallery mod, assuming that works fine for me. (nope can't get around it by just viewing it in gallery either, damn)

traceback.txt below

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "D:\Downloads\DusklightManor-Episode12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Dusklight Manor Episode12
Sat Feb 13 23:33:17 2021

Last edited:

Aethan

Sep 24, 2017
Dusklight Manor Episodes old saves fix

This is a bug fix patch, which resolves a rollback error in Episodes 9-12:

Attempting to load saves from Episode 8, or previous versions of this save fix derived from it, causes a rollback error and the game refuses to start. Fixed by restoring the old script.rpyc.

Note: This fix has been tested with Ep. 8-11 saves from the standard game.
It might not work with saves created with mods.
It's reportedly possible to work around the problem for modded saves however.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Updated for Episode 12.
Sadly it doesn't work me and I never used mod on this game

Jul 13, 2018
wait my trick just worked and i finished that ending of Lizzie and i will now continuethe story if i havent chosen Liz. I dont know how i did but all i did was , i put the save fix , i put the save fix for modded game which isnt complete it goes only for chapter 11, and i put scrappy gallery mod and my game stopped loading saves so what is it that i did , i extracted the files from Dusklight Manor again and replaced the repetitive files , it removed me the walkthought mod sadly but it is loading my saves now and i could finish Lizzie story. To simplify things you need to remove the walkthought mod watch Lizzie ending, and add it back again , if you have errors somewhere else just remove mod and add it back again after that error

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Lemon sex scene crash fix
Not sure if this is caused by the mod, but crashes after making this selection, but works if you refuse her
I've attached my save for this point.
View attachment 1035594 View attachment 1035595
This error occurs in the standard full version Ep 12, crashing after this line:
Code:
n "{i}Lemon is eager to see it become bigger, she knows this means you will be touching yourself and she seems very happy about it.{/i}"
Following which it tries to play a video: play movie "10ast47.webm" loop

This video appears to be corrupt in Ep 12, throwing errors when attempting to play it in a standalone media player like VLC.

Same problem with 10ast52.webm, 10ast54.webm, 10ast56.webm, 10ast58.webm, 10ast60.webm, 10ast62.webm

I've recovered copies of 10ast47-62.webm from Ep 11, all of which play correctly (DL from ).

Extract the video files from this archive and copy them to game\images\, overwriting the existing files.

This fixed this crash in the Ep 10 Lemon sex scene for me.

Edit: Updated to provide all seven broken video files from Lemon's sex scene.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Clara said not to have sex with any of the guests and yet you makes us have sex with Miriam .. shouldn't that have been an option for us the players .. cause i would think Clara should be pissed off at the sex with Miriam ? ... or you need to go back and change that part ,, other wise it makes no sense ... sorry to point that out
MC's internal monologue says he thinks Clara left him there to do just that.

Although in true DK fashion it doesn't make much sense. It was forbidden to bonk any of them earlier in the party but somehow it's fine later. Just add it to the list of unexplained plot points.

Characters in his games are known to randomly do shit for no apparent reason. Just like Julia going berserk despite no real change in Claras demeanor. Or picking the less qualified person in that house to become a vamp without even bothering to explain the criteria to the player. Or Clara demanding nobody but her fucks in that house, for no reason whatsoever. While they can just go in the woods next to the house and fuck like rabbits :LOL:.

I'm convinced Clara is the dev self-insert. Writing random shit on a whim and telling the player to "sshhh, just go with it".

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020

Code:
n "{i}Lemon is eager to see it become bigger, she knows this means you will be touching yourself and she seems very happy about it.{/i}"

This video appears to be corrupt in Ep 12, throwing errors when attempting to play it in a standalone media player like VLC.

I've recovered a copy of 10ast47.webm from Ep 11 which plays correctly (DL from Mega).

Extract the 10ast47.webm from this archive and copy it to game\images\10ast47.webm, overwriting the existing file.

Mind tossing up the rest for that scene? This got me to the next animation but same result. Crash.

uterus

Sep 14, 2018

Code:

I've recovered a copy of 10ast47.webm from Ep 11 which plays correctly (DL from Mega).

Extract the 10ast47.webm from this archive and copy it to game\images\10ast47.webm, overwriting the existing file.

thx for the quickfix
i had the same problem with the followup scenes.
for now i just skipped them by overwriting the files with the handjob scene.

mentore

Feb 28, 2019
I can't load my old saves.. The save fix doesn't works.. Anyone has another save fix or have I to play again from the begin?

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Mind tossing up the rest for that scene? This got me to the next animation but same result. Crash.
thx for the quickfix
i had the same problem with the followup scenes.
for now i just skipped them by overwriting the files with the handjob scene.
Woops, guess I should have tested further into that scene. Uploaded all seven videos from Lemon's sex scene now.

Reactions: binglebangles
3.50 star(s) 95 Votes