2.80 star(s) 25 Votes
Nov 4, 2017
I don't mean to be a bit of a a-hole, but honestly, $17 dollars for version 0.00199 is a bit of a reach. If it was a triple A game or a indie game from a known studio, it would have been fine, but for a game that's still under development is just too much. If it was a couple bucks, than that would be just fine. However, charging 17 dollars for a new version of the game that is buggy and all around too under developed at this point in time is just too risky. I'd suggest the creator to look into lowering the price for new versions or making them an exclusive for patreons members like an early release for em. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty damn good for a one-man team and it's hella enjoyable, just suggesting that an overpriced prototype release is way to damn bad for business.

Shitsexotic

Feb 10, 2017
Great premise, great mechanics, super hot idea but man. Micro transactions, $10 a day in game, nearly $20 for what is basically a proof of concept, Patreon censoring, copy/paste sex scenes and pretty tedious/barebones trainer options this is hardly worth the download again despite being hot.

Also, the dev isn't exactly known for following through. This is essentially a reframing of another game of his that saw a couple updates before being abandoned, likewise with 2 other games. I wish the creator the best and hope this game works out because it has potential but dang.

Mrdeadbird

A by-product of the system
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
I don't mean to be a bit of a a-hole, but honestly, $17 dollars for version 0.00199 is a bit of a reach. If it was a triple A game or a indie game from a known studio, it would have been fine, but for a game that's still under development is just too much. If it was a couple bucks, than that would be just fine. However, charging 17 dollars for a new version of the game that is buggy and all around too under developed at this point in time is just too risky. I'd suggest the creator to look into lowering the price for new versions or making them an exclusive for patreons members like an early release for em. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty damn good for a one-man team and it's hella enjoyable, just suggesting that an overpriced prototype release is way to damn bad for business.
You know you can download a more stable version free right?
I make sure anyone can enjoy it but if someone wants to spare a buck to get permanent access to all the newest untested updates.
I'm a simple man and right now with the support I've got I'm paying rent and bills while getting high, drawing, coding all NTR...
I've said it since the beginning that E-Girlfriend is a passion project, I would do it for free but you know... I got a family to feed

Reactions: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mrdeadbird

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Great premise, great mechanics, super hot idea but man. Micro transactions, $10 a day in game, nearly $20 for what is basically a proof of concept, Patreon censoring, copy/paste sex scenes and pretty tedious/barebones trainer options this is hardly worth the download again despite being hot.

Also, the dev isn't exactly known for following through. This is essentially a reframing of another game of his that saw a couple updates before being abandoned, likewise with 2 other games. I wish the creator the best and hope this game works out because it has potential but dang.
MY MAN KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!

• Angry
Reactions: Inkheepurr
Nov 4, 2017
You know you can download a more stable version free right?
I make sure anyone can enjoy it but if someone wants to spare a buck to get permanent access to all the newest untested updates.
I'm a simple man and right now with the support I've got I'm paying rent and bills while getting high, drawing, coding all NTR...
I've said it since the beginning that E-Girlfriend is a passion project, I would do it for free but you know... I got a family to feed
Hey it's totally understandable, we got to do what provides for the family. Stable version or not, the hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated, not many creators on here can put out as much as you do. Just giving some business tips, ya know. Been working in marketing for sometime so I understand the logistics behind the choices being made, but enough said, great work all around, can't wait to see more my dude.

Reactions: Mrdeadbird

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Hey man I gotta eat! LoL
But yeah I will include some other ways to make money.... But not right now... It's a complex system that needs to be well thought... While smoking a blunt
All those f2p adult games with microtransactions on steam (or obtained from other platforms)... They like completed, not in a early access stage with little content. One thing is to "have to eat", another is to kick yourself in the balls in a way that keep your game to "take off".

Reactions: lifdsoul

Mrdeadbird

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
QUOTE="Joshua Tree, post: 6607960, member: 106622"]
All those f2p adult games with microtransactions on steam (or obtained from other platforms)... They like completed, not in a early access stage with little content. One thing is to "have to eat", another is to kick yourself in the balls in a way that keep your game to "take off".
[/QUOTE]
Oh... I get it... If you are worried I'm getting paper and no one who has bought anything in the game has complained... I guess I has to do with the type of transaction, there is no pay to win with E-Girlfriend, most of purchases are 100% optional cosmetics.
NTR crew represent!

Morgue

Aug 9, 2016
Really one does not have to buy anything in the game to enjoy it... well maybe the Drone... but one can save for it....

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Really one does not have to buy anything in the game to enjoy it... well maybe the Drone... but one can save for it....
So what you took from what I said was just "microtransactions" bad right? The crux is a incomplete game with little content have such, at such an early stage. Imho, would been better to just make the best game you can make and have people pledge to your patreon. It doesn't exactly encourage people to pledge to the creator at same time have to deal with microtransactions in the game itself. I'm sorry, but it just feel like an awful much as double dipping.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Oh... I get it... If you are worried I'm getting paper and no one who has bought anything in the game has complained... I guess I has to do with the type of transaction, there is no pay to win with E-Girlfriend, most of purchases are 100% optional cosmetics.
NTR crew represent!
No, I don't care if you get "paper". I just feel it's not "right" to introduce microtransactions to a game that is not even complete, or who have much content at all. If the game was flushed with content and near a completed stage, fill it with fluff and shovel microtransactions down peoples throats. Regardless, your creation your ride. I wish you luck but my milk will stay in the fridge :p

Mrdeadbird

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
No, I don't care if you get "paper". I just feel it's not "right" to introduce microtransactions to a game that is not even complete, or who have much content at all. If the game was flushed with content and near a completed stage, fill it with fluff and shovel microtransactions down peoples throats. Regardless, your creation your ride. I wish you luck but my milk will stay in the fridge :p
I totally get what you say.
Have you worked on any game before?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I totally get what you say.
Have you worked on any game before?
Doesn't matter what you work with. People usually get paid when the job is done. If I do a good a job I get return customers. I don't nickle and dime them for a short turn over. I want them with me in the long run. Same principles should apply with your patreons as well. Keep them happy and they stick with you.

If you make something great people will support you. Throwing in microtransactions in a unfinished product might more than likely turn people away rather than attract.

It's... rather easy to cheat on it. People will figure it out. If you then push back and start add DRM barriers to your game you will turn even more people away.

Mrdeadbird

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Doesn't matter what you work with. People usually get paid when the job is done. If I do a good a job I get return customers. I don't nickle and dime them for a short turn over. I want them with me in the long run. Same principles should apply with your patreons as well. Keep them happy and they stick with you.

If you make something great people will support you. Throwing in microtransactions in a unfinished product might more than likely turn people away rather than attract.

It's... rather easy to cheat on it. People will figure it out. If you then push back and start add DRM barriers to your game you will turn even more people away.
That's cool bro everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Reactions: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
2.80 star(s) 25 Votes