Morgos

Aug 18, 2016
I had a weird thing happen in the Day 3-4 chapter (dark mode on) where the player character started referring to scenes I didn't actually see that were meant to have taken place that morning.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm mostly confused by it because I assumed that if I didn't actually see the scene (or chose to skip it, I guess?) then the game would treat it as if the scene didn't happen, because it technically didn't. It's a shame, I would have liked to see those scenes, but I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
@Morgos
I think I know where that issue is coming from, I'm talking to bluecat to see if I should change some aspects in the script so that won't happen.

A solution for you would be to replay D3 but making sure that dark mind is on from the very beginning (judging by what you were saying, it seems like you played through D3 with dark mind off and then turned it on during D4)

Morgos

Aug 18, 2016
A solution for you would be to replay D3 but making sure that dark mind is on from the very beginning (judging by what you were saying, it seems like you played through D3 with dark mind off and then turned it on during D4)
I thought that I was playing D3 with dark mind on (the start screen was the dark version), but maybe I accidentally turned it off. I did have some issues starting D3 that I eventually figured out.

I suppose there's no reason to not play the entire game again at some point to try looking for some other things I think I've missed.

Thanks for the advice.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
I had a weird thing happen in the Day 3-4 chapter (dark mode on) where the player character started referring to scenes I didn't actually see that were meant to have taken place that morning.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm mostly confused by it because I assumed that if I didn't actually see the scene (or chose to skip it, I guess?) then the game would treat it as if the scene didn't happen, because it technically didn't. It's a shame, I would have liked to see those scenes, but I guess it doesn't matter too much.
For D1-D4, the issue will be solved with the Week 1 release of the game. I'll check if the issue exists in D5, if so, it will be fixed in D6. From the future on, we will try our best to avoid this issue from happening again. Thank you for your report!

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
The saving for this game is fucking annoying.

First time through, I didn't have the Dark Mind active. So when I started Day 3 I didn't realized I had missed stuff. I tried to go back and restart Day 1 with it active so I could replay Day 3 on a new save.

EXCEPT the fucking Roaming Data saves prevent you from doing that. So I found those, deleted them and then started a new Day 1 game, saved on Day 2 and restarted the Day3-4 game.

ONLY NOW it's not recognizing the Day 2 save as being compatible. Even though I saved it in the Day 3 previews, so it's clearly past the last choice.

Day 3 is now completely UNPLAYABLE

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017

First time through, I didn't have the Dark Mind active. So when I started Day 3 I didn't realized I had missed stuff. I tried to go back and restart Day 1 with it active so I could replay Day 3 on a new save.

EXCEPT the fucking Roaming Data saves prevent you from doing that. So I found those, deleted them and then started a new Day 1 game, saved on Day 2 and restarted the Day3-4 game.

ONLY NOW it's not recognizing the Day 2 save as being compatible. Even though I saved it in the Day 3 previews, so it's clearly past the last choice.

Preferences -> Start new game
This should give you the ability to load the Day 2 save

Reactions: Jfkalive

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018

did a few replays already and never had any problems doing so nor did i ever had to delete any saves. so i guess you f***d up your game elswhere or something went wrong with installation/extraction. just make sure you don't treat the game like your usuall renpy and overwrite previous chapters with the newer ones, instead i have an superior folder and in there are the other files for each chapter

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Isn‘t there somewhere a tutorial on how to correctly load a save file into the next chapter? It‘s very interesting to see how often „Preferences -> Start new game“ is the answer to save-related questions.
The process seems very cryptic for some and we might need a clear guide in an easily accessable place on how to solve these problems.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Isn‘t there somewhere a tutorial on how to correctly load a save file into the next chapter? It‘s very interesting to see how often „Preferences -> Start new game“ is the answer to save-related questions.
The process seems very cryptic for some and we might need a clear guide in an easily accessable place on how to solve these problems.
It's on the to-do-list for our programmer for the D6 Alpha version since it has never been our intention to have it hidden within the Preferences in the first place.

Reactions: Construct

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Out of curiosity, what program is used to create the game models?

Obviously this doesn't look like Honey Select or Daz for that matter.

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
Probably a stupid question, but do we have to download each set of days separately, or does the Day 5 file contain Days 1-4?
each set of days seperately and don't overwrite them if you want to start over again. just make an "ecchi" folder and put all the chapters in there

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Probably a stupid question, but do we have to download each set of days separately, or does the Day 5 file contain Days 1-4?
Day 2 contains 1-2. Day 4 contains 3-4. Day 5 contains 5.

Day 6, coming out soon, will presumably contain days 5-6. Later there will be a week 1 release that contains days 1-7.

Jul 9, 2017
each set of days seperately and don't overwrite them if you want to start over again. just make an "ecchi" folder and put all the chapters in there
Day 2 contains 1-2. Day 4 contains 3-4. Day 5 contains 5.

Day 6, coming out soon, will presumably contain days 5-6. Later there will be a week 1 release that contains days 1-7.
Think I'll just wait for the Week 1 release then. Thanks!

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes