pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
It's been over four months, actually. Day 7 was released on March 24.

And honestly, as a patron, I'm not thrilled by it. Missing a target date by three months doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, especially when at the end of all that wait, we get minimal new content.
That's understandable but there is another way of looking at it. This is rebuilding the game to provide the foundation for Blue's extremely ambitious plans going forward. Many of the questions about the game posted here deal with the bugs including the phone and the not so intuitive way to begin the next chapters. Without going back, the errors would have continued to build up and it would not be very fun to play it. This game already has an insane amount of content, which to me at least, suggests Blue has kept up with what he said he wanted to do. That means once the rebuild is out and he starts back to new chapters the plan will move forward mostly as he expects. This is like any of those remodelling shows where they have to take a chunk of the budget to fix the foundation. You don't get a wow factor from a nice foundation but having a spa like master bath is pointless if the foundation is shot.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Helloooo~
EDIT (Aug. 07): Week 1 Final - New Release Date:
August, 18.

*Sigh* We wanted to start with an internal playtester build yesterday but unfortunately, while editing the main scripts, we ran into a few little bugs that need to be corrected. On top of that we're also using the time to optimize the script. Every ingame day got another thorough examination and has been improved to our, and hopefully also to your, satisfaction. The new release date won't be delayed. We're 98% done.

(Yes it was posted already.)

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
That's understandable but there is another way of looking at it. This is rebuilding the game to provide the foundation for Blue's extremely ambitious plans going forward. Many of the questions about the game posted here deal with the bugs including the phone and the not so intuitive way to begin the next chapters. Without going back, the errors would have continued to build up and it would not be very fun to play it. This game already has an insane amount of content, which to me at least, suggests Blue has kept up with what he said he wanted to do. That means once the rebuild is out and he starts back to new chapters the plan will move forward mostly as he expects. This is like any of those remodelling shows where they have to take a chunk of the budget to fix the foundation. You don't get a wow factor from a nice foundation but having a spa like master bath is pointless if the foundation is shot.
I mean, maybe? Hopefully that's the case but I can only give so much credit to promises about how much better things are going to be for them in the future (especially since the recent delays make me wonder how much smoother things actually will be with the "new foundation").

When the expected delay was two months, my thoughts were "well, that sucks but it's for the future of the game." Now that the delay's been almost five months... I just want new content at this point and the reason why it's not arriving has kinda stopped mattering.

Vicorin259

Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, though it is not a week, but 4 months.
4 months of basically rebuilding the ENTIRE game to lay a stronger foundation for the updates to come. Have you tried making a game yet? I have/am right now and the amount of time it takes to do anything is substantial, let alone remaking his entire game. Have patience. Or would you prefer a rushed game that pales in comparison to the wonderful game Blue has managed to create so far?

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
4 months of basically rebuilding the ENTIRE game to lay a stronger foundation for the updates to come. Have you tried making a game yet? I have/am right now and the amount of time it takes to do anything is substantial, let alone remaking his entire game. Have patience. Or would you prefer a rushed game that pales in comparison to the wonderful game Blue has managed to create so far?
Expected one of you to pop up immediately. It is quite obvious bluecat has been quite inefficient with this update but meh... keep on worshipping

Vicorin259

Dec 13, 2017
Expected one of you to pop up immediately. It is quite obvious bluecat has been quite inefficient with this update but meh... keep on worshipping
Have you tried reading the weekly status reports regarding the update? Or are you just complaining due to an issue with instant gratification? I've read all 17 of them. The delays are legit and valid reasons. I don't like the waiting either but I accept it because I want the game to be the best it can.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Have you tried reading the weekly status reports regarding the update? Or are you just complaining due to an issue with instant gratification? I've read all 17 of them. The delays are legit and valid reasons. I don't like the waiting either but I accept it because I want the game to be the best it can.
Yeah i read them all too. I was even a patron in the beginning of the development. The fact that you acknowledge you are ineffiecient, does not change the fact that you are inefficient. Multiple release date pushbacks and even themselves admitting they had to redo most of their work mid-update. Then add the fact that they are doing everything in 2 languages and you get yourself the definition of inefficiency. A well paid inefficiency

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
Yeah i read them all too. I was even a patron in the beginning of the development. The fact that you acknowledge you are ineffiecient, does not change the fact that you are inefficient. Multiple release date pushbacks and even themselves admitting they had to redo most of their work mid-update. Then add the fact that they are doing everything in 2 languages and you get yourself the definition of inefficiency. A well paid inefficiency
Fun facts, most of the dev don't even tell u what are they doing, and they only release an update half a year with only 10 min content, yet people don't question what took them so long.. At least blue is being honest with his fans..

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Fun facts, most of the dev don't even tell u what are they doing, and they only release an update half a year with only 10 min content, yet people don't question what took them so long.. At least blue is being honest with his fans..
There are devs who act like that but it's not the norm. And the idea that no one questions them is sheer fantasy. People get really angry at them.

pwnography

Aug 12, 2016
fun fact: i once saw a dev with 8k+ monthly support but the game is actually dead with no news from the dev or any comment from him.. Sadly i forget which game and dev that is
I don't think this team is bad at all, but comparing them to literally the worst examples you can remember does not help your case. It's understandable that with each delay more and more people get anxious.

Still, it's just a week more, not some indeterminate future. Chill out and wait for this long-ass conversation to be obsolete next weekend. Or maybe even the one after that if needed. We're mostly sailing the high seas around here anyway.

Reactions: GbolnHunter
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes