zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Ok, so I realize it's MY decision whether or not to download this game, but fuck if it doesn't seem worth it. Between the 16 gig uncompressed or whatever and the 2.42 gig DM patch, that's a bullshit amount of space (and yes I understand that the 2.42 gigs doesn't actually raise the amount of space consumed by that much)

Reactions: Mikedazz1
May 14, 2018
Ok, so I realize it's MY decision whether or not to download this game, but fuck if it doesn't seem worth it. Between the 16 gig uncompressed or whatever and the 2.42 gig DM patch, that's a bullshit amount of space (and yes I understand that the 2.42 gigs doesn't actually raise the amount of space consumed by that much)
You saw the "Light Compressed" & "Heavily Compressed" versions directly below, right?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Downloaded the hotfix lightly compressed version and ran the Mac app. It failed to launch again. Digging through it, I ran into the same issue as before - the controlling shell script has dos line endings. As explained here, change the line endings to unix. The app was also quarantined. You can see this in Terminal by running
xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app

I got a bunch of lines that mentioned com.apple.quarantine.

To fix it, run
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine EcchiSensei.app

Latecomer someone should investigate why the shell script (EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei) has dos line endings.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
People were complaining that the game is too linear so we decided against doing a walkthrough for the time being.
However, like cckerberos said, just use the Decision Helper in the options.
I missed the second pic from the gallery maybe it is not so bad when a walkthrough is there. You have on some places different choices and you don´t know if this is relevant or not for the future.

I tried from the Gallery 1 pic with other choices to the 3 and I haven´t unlocked the 2. Aso I have sex what have no Gallery pic so I don´t know what I have maked wrong so I wait for a walkthrough.

Last edited:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
week 1 walkthrough anyone?
In addition to the built-in system there is this by Dvnasty. In the initial week 1 release I found it clarified things sometimes.

Small size -> ppl complain about poor quality visuals, no animations, or lack of content.
High quality visuals, many animations and much content -> ppl complain about large size.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Well now. Starting over recommended I see and DL'ing the new full 16+gig (18 with patch) version. That's a pretty hefty commitment, but worth it.

Reactions: Halfelf

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Small size -> ppl complain about poor quality visuals, no animations, or lack of content.
High quality visuals, many animations and much content -> ppl complain about large size.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Actually, no. I'm just complaining about the size. I've used compressed versions of other games and never had any issues with "visual quality", so I had no issue with downloading the heavy compressed version. But 16+ gigs of space is still ridiculous when there's professionally made games with better graphics, fully animated, and large amounts of content that take up less or only a little more space.

You saw the "Light Compressed" & "Heavily Compressed" versions directly below, right?
You saw the "uncompressed" in that post, right?
*edit: "that post" is referring to my first post

Reactions: baloneysammich

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
The changelog should be out later today, hopefully that'll answer all questions regarding that...
You mean you actually expect people to read the changelog? you have high expectations there sir.

are the old saves compatible?
No they are not it has been mentioned quite a few times that they are not.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can not please everyone. there will always be someone who complains about this or that. I personally prefer the uncompressed stuff. while there isnt that much of a degration between the uncompressed and the lightly compressed i still prefer the uncompressed. *shrug* but that is just me.

• Sad
Reactions: Latecomer

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Downloaded the hotfix lightly compressed version and ran the Mac app. It failed to launch again. Digging through it, I ran into the same issue as before - the controlling shell script has dos line endings. As explained here, change the line endings to unix. The app was also quarantined. You can see this in Terminal by running
xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app

I got a bunch of lines that mentioned com.apple.quarantine.

To fix it, run
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine EcchiSensei.app

Latecomer someone should investigate why the shell script (EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei) has dos line endings.
Issue noted

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
But 16+ gigs of space is still ridiculous when there's professionally made games with better graphics, fully animated, and large amounts of content that take up less or only a little more space.
Really? 16GB is childsplay.
I've used compressed versions of other games and never had any issues with "visual quality"
'Lossless/minor lossy compression'(IE this 16GB release).
Space is abundant, visual quality is prioritized.
You'll most likely only spot degradation by studying each pixel individually.

'Fairly lossy compression'(what you are talking about, and "no issues with visual quality").
Visible loss of quality. If done right it is absolutely livable/acceptable, but properly compressing visuals is difficult - especially when the job is spread across thousands of images and short videos.

'Highly compressed' - Space is priority, visual quality is not of importance.

Is the 16GB release overkill? Depends on how you prioritize things. What I do not understand though is how the fuck you manage to find it in you to complain about it given you are presented with 3 different options to satisfy all 3 camps of users.

Feel free to point out those games.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Actually, no. I'm just complaining about the size. I've used compressed versions of other games and never had any issues with "visual quality", so I had no issue with downloading the heavy compressed version.
Fair point, but for those other games, was the uncompressed:compressed ratio so much different to this?

But 16+ gigs of space is still ridiculous when there's professionally made games with better graphics, fully animated, and large amounts of content that take up less or only a little more space.
IDK about professional VNs, but otherwise professional games are compressed in house to some extent or another. Seen how much bigger moddable games (ie. Bethesda) can get with high quality texture packs? I'd rather have devs for this kind of thing spend their limited time on content.

Reactions: Kuroc
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes