Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Well suggestion I can make is try it with the unofficial crunched version which I can verify to work.
Otherwise you will have to dive into the script file and look whats up with the specified label(which can lead to quite a bit of work).

Highly doubt you messed up the patching process since...well dragging the archive content into the base folder doesnt exactly take a genius.

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
i really really like the upgraded UI its very nice and everything has a proper section now, music's been overhauled dramatically which is fantastic, alot of time and effort went into the week 1 fix mostly for the better :)

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Install DM Patch, but i am not sure how know its On or Off.
when i click DM icon at menu. it show green On. then i click on that because i cant figue how leave/quite in DM.

maybe it could make a better one with view Green or Red on icon DM at menu than click inside. hmpf.

Vertigob

Feb 1, 2018
downloaded the DM patch and full game version. i see multiple files in the darkmind patch. do i go to each folder and extract everything separately replacing everything separately. or do i just drag everything into the full games files and overwrite everything? or do i just replace or drag everything within the "game" folder?

Vertigob

Feb 1, 2018
Maybe you are installing the DM patch wrong goobdobb help me back cause I install it wrong getting errors the moment I try to start a new game.
To install the patch, copy the following from the patch to the same place in the main game:
  • archive_dm.rpa
  • patch.rpy
  • game/menu/options.rpy
Enable dark mind in the options menu. Turn on kinks you want to see.
finally someone who knows how to explain how to do this simply

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
downloaded the DM patch and full game version. i see multiple files in the darkmind patch. do i go to each folder and extract everything separately replacing everything separately. or do i just drag everything into the full games files and overwrite everything? or do i just replace or drag everything within the "game" folder?
Drag and replace everything from the patch folder to the main root folder for the game (this is where you launch the game from). Everything in the folders from the patch should go into the folders with the same name in the main game folder.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Latecomer BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei - a lot of people are having issues installing the Dark Mind patch. "Unzip this, copy and overwrite" is evidently too confusing. It's also got too much stuff in it - the executables haven't changed; they don't need to be in the patch.

The only things that need to be in the patch are:
  • archive_dm.rpa
  • patch.rpy
  • options.rpy
I suggest you repackage the patch to contain only those files, and a readme, which says:
  1. Copy archive_dm.rpa and patch.rpy to the "game" folder
  2. Copy options.rpy to the menu folder inside the game folder

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
a lot of people are having issues installing the Dark Mind patch. "Unzip this, copy and overwrite" is evidently too confusing.
Not sure if You're joking... :unsure: To be honest laziness of some people can't cease to amaze me, baloneysammich was kind enough to prepare detailed FAQ, some kind soul from staff put it in the OP and we keep getting same questions about it, or about some password, or android version... Yeah, I know, I know, bitching about it probably won't change anything, but I simply don't get why is it so hard to read some additional info clearly visible in first post, where everyone had to be in the first place to download the game. Not mentioning even that search tool is working really well and really isn't hard to use.

Right, I'm just blabbering, it's easier to ignore everything, get straight into last page and ask someone to explain everything specificly for You. Again. Never enough of it.

;)

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Not sure if You're joking... :unsure: To be honest laziness of some people can't cease to amaze me, baloneysammich was kind enough to prepare detailed FAQ, some kind soul from staff put it in the OP and we keep getting same questions about it, or about some password, or android version... Yeah, I know, I know, bitching about it probably won't change anything, but I simply don't get why is it so hard to read some additional info clearly visible in first post, where everyone had to be in the first place to download the game. Not mentioning even that search tool is working really well and really isn't hard to use.

Right, I'm just blabbering, it's easier to ignore everything, get straight into last page and ask someone to explain everything specificly for You. Again. Never enough of it.

;)
I think it's a combination of laziness and just plain lack of education. How hard is it to understand that all you have to do is copy everything that's in the DM folder and past it into the root folder for the game?
Still, I'm sure that within the next dozen posts, someone is going to ask how to install the patch or what the damned password is. Maybe I'll just start every post with:

Read This: FAQ

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

;)
I installed the dark mind patch but it's not doing anything. I think it's broken. Can you help me?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For the humor impaired, OMG I'm kidding! It works fine for me!

And Yes, Barabash, the FAQ and the instructions others and I have posted here are too hard to find...

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
I installed the dark mind patch but it's not doing anything. I think it's broken. Can you help me?
Well, it's not like patch's gonna wank You by itself... :p
And sorry, can't help You with that, mate ;)

Fun fact: after two clicks to turn it on, I didn't do anything, because all the labels were already marked.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For the humor impaired, OMG I'm kidding! It works fine for me!

And Yes, Barabash, the FAQ and the instructions others and I have posted here are too hard to find...
"Mama always told me that if I did this too much, I'd go blind. She never told me it also killed brain cells."

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes