sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
you need the Dark Mind patch for each week.
well, I got the DM patch from ( -> Week 1 - Final seemed like a good place where to start).
Follow the "README.txt" instructions --> there is no "README.txt" in the downloaded zip :unsure:
unzipped 2.6G of mixed stuff but the MacOs app is only 23.6Mb and all the usual renpy stuff suppose to be in autorun is actually not there but in the unizipped dir.
I manually created the autorun inside the app and moved the "game, lib and renpy" dirs in the MacOS app but no luck.
Nothing runs.

I guess it's not destiny for me to play this game o_O

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
well, I got the DM patch from ( -> Week 1 - Final seemed like a good place where to start).
Follow the "README.txt" instructions --> there is no "README.txt" in the downloaded zip :unsure:
unzipped 2.6G of mixed stuff but the MacOs app is only 23.6Mb and all the usual renpy stuff suppose to be in autorun is actually not there but in the unizipped dir.
I manually created the autorun inside the app and moved the "game, lib and renpy" dirs in the MacOS app but no luck.
Nothing runs.

I'm on windows and have no idea for MacOs.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
any clue about the "README.txt" tho? :p
Have you never replaced files and folders?

Copy everything in the rar into the main game folder and let it overwrite everything and your good to go.
Now if MacOs is different then I can not help you.

D

Deleted member 1310400

Damn why is the week 1 dark minds patch 2.42 GB? Seems like a crazy amount for a patch

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Damn why is the week 1 dark minds patch 2.42 GB? Seems like a crazy amount for a patch
That is all about the incest and other dark stuff that can happen.
This game is more about the incest and other dark stuff that can happen in week 1 and sets the stage for the rest of the game.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
any clue about the "README.txt" tho? :p
Honestly, I had a lot of trouble with the week1 full back a couple patches ago when I started (this was also before I came to f95 so I think I was using lewdzone) it had a TON of missing images and the patch kept saying I had the wrong version. I ended up going way back (as LZ had a drop down to go back and d/l each version that had been uploaded) and did all of week1 by the original single day at a time updates. so I don't know what the week1 full on here looks like.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
oh, awesome! Thank you!
Now I know what tag I need to filter by :D
yea, sandbox would be similar to how most of HH works, or other games where it just kinda gives you a world map and you have to wander around and "find the content" This game would be more like if you only did each character's "main quest" in HH. (though as previously stated there are plans for a more sandbox experience for this game later) As for "missing content" from what I've experienced, there was only really 1 instance that I think I missed something by going to a different place (at the convention I ended up in the nsfw area, and looking at the flowchart I could have maybe gone shopping with one of the daughters) other than that it's more the "do you want to have scenes with this character or not?" type of missing content.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Nothing runs.

See the week 1 Mac fix link in the OP.

Before messing with ANYTHING on this site you should read the OP.

Honestly, I had a lot of trouble with the week1 full back a couple patches ago when I started (this was also before I came to f95 so I think I was using lewdzone) it had a TON of missing images and the patch kept saying I had the wrong version. I ended up going way back (as LZ had a drop down to go back and d/l each version that had been uploaded) and did all of week1 by the original single day at a time updates. so I don't know what the week1 full on here looks like.
That means you either installed the wrong DM patch, or you installed it incorrectly.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
See the week 1 Mac fix link in the OP.

Before messing with ANYTHING on this site you should read the OP.

That means you either installed the wrong DM patch, or you installed it incorrectly.
Yea, as I said it was before I was on this site, and the patch d/l that was associated with the week 1 full on that site was a zip folder with all the individual day patches separated into sub folders. I don't know if their instructions were just confusing at the time or if they were just linking to the incorrect patch for that update. I tried deleting the whole game's folder and getting a fresh download to try again, but it just restored the old state (I've since learned that renpy games also store stuff in app data so that's probably why, but it was only like my 3rd game like this at the time) so I just ended up getting the individual day downloads and going through it that way.

it does make me interested in what changed with the week1 complete (as that had the newer interface from the start) like there was one scene with himiko that had dom/sub paths for her, but I never saw it mentioned again, so I wonder if that was changed in the complete version.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yea, as I said it was before I was on this site, and the patch d/l that was associated with the week 1 full on that site was a zip folder with all the individual day patches separated into sub folders. I don't know if their instructions were just confusing at the time or if they were just linking to the incorrect patch for that update. I tried deleting the whole game's folder and getting a fresh download to try again, but it just restored the old state (I've since learned that renpy games also store stuff in app data so that's probably why, but it was only like my 3rd game like this at the time) so I just ended up getting the individual day downloads and going through it that way.

it does make me interested in what changed with the week1 complete (as that had the newer interface from the start) like there was one scene with himiko that had dom/sub paths for her, but I never saw it mentioned again, so I wonder if that was changed in the complete version.
See the changelog in the OP to see what changed in week 1.

Week 1 was a big change - cleaned up some of the story, and lots of under-the-hood changes to get ready for later releases. You also need to play week 1 if you want saves to carry over into later versions. The individual days don't have saves that are compatible with later versions.

Dice13K

Aug 10, 2019
I'm just here to say thank you for your hard work at EVERYONE involved (including the people with the painful task of answering the same questions again and again because reading is hard).

Thank you BlueCat for your awesome game.

I just finished the first week.

Some of my thoughts:
- I get it's fantasy, but my suspension of disbelief broke really quickly and I had to reassemble it. It's a personal problem, I know.

- The music with the piano playing the entire time was nice. I'd pick a song and when that's over it goes back to the piano and I liked that... Problem is, it goes silent when you get to the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- Some characters seem to be half forgotten about. I know you're juggling a lot of characters and this is par for the course - and after I've seen your patreon, you're also handling certain character screen time for the money, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno... safely ignore this because you're the pro making the game and I'm just typing this here for some reason even though I'm no expert and I'm 80% sure most people won't read it. = w=;

- Nothing on the topic of grades is established and bought up again for the sake of authenticity, but overall, nothing is being said or done about it. Good Luck *Insert Your Name Here*-Sensei.

- Also, I did play the first week twice, first time with the DM mod and the second time without. I'm probably one of those weenies but I prefer it without the mod.

Lastly, I wonder how long this will go on - meaning is the game going for a semester length in total? A year? I'm asking because I'm a curious person.
(now that I think about it, I should've put most of this in the Review)

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
- Nothing on the topic of grades is established and bought up again for the sake of authenticity, but overall, nothing is being said or done about it. Good Luck *Insert Your Name Here*-Sensei.

Lastly, I wonder how long this will go on - meaning is the game going for a semester length in total? A year? I'm asking because I'm a curious person.
(now that I think about it, I should've put most of this in the Review)
Dev has said they want to game to last 1 full ingame year if I remember correctly.

Grades are brought back up in week2, the exams are every 2 weeks so we'll hear about them again in week 4.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
See the changelog in the OP to see what changed in week 1.

Week 1 was a big change - cleaned up some of the story, and lots of under-the-hood changes to get ready for later releases. You also need to play week 1 if you want saves to carry over into later versions. The individual days don't have saves that are compatible with later versions.
"Completely rewrote days 1, 2 &3" doesn't exactly tell me the differences, but I appreciate what you were tryin to say.

I'd be happy to give week1 full a try again if you could tell me which folder in appData to kill in order to get a clean install? I'm guessing it's "Ecchi Sensei 2019" based on the number of saves in there.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
"Completely rewrote days 1, 2 &3" doesn't exactly tell me the differences, but I appreciate what you were tryin to say.

I'd be happy to give week1 full a try again if you could tell me which folder in appData to kill in order to get a clean install? I'm guessing it's "Ecchi Sensei 2019" based on the number of saves in there.
Hell if I know. Make a save and see what changes! :p

Dice13K

Aug 10, 2019
Dev has said they want to game to last 1 full ingame year if I remember correctly.
Cool.

I looked over the FAQ and tried searching for it, but I can't find anything on this forum that talks about taking save data from week 1 (final release) to week 2 (also final release).
Is there some sort of automatic thing that happens or what?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

When it first came out it had a very bad translation but now they did a rewrite of the early days with and English writer so now it make more seance in what was being said.

The easy way is to go into the game delete all saves you have then make a new save then go to the appdata folders and look for the save with today's date and then delete the complete folder and your good to go.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Cool.

I looked over the FAQ and tried searching for it, but I can't find anything on this forum that talks about taking save data from week 1 (final release) to week 2 (also final release).
Is there some sort of automatic thing that happens or what?
It takes most of the data from the week before but you may need to go in the menu in the game and rename some or all of the girls to what you want them to call MC and so on.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes