RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Hopefully, im waiting too. He was too bold in declaring it would be here by end of the year it seems and thus we get a delay and move on but i think issue is no one knows if the delay will be months or what. Its already been weeks so its creating tension but what can he do? Give us an ETA like last time and potentially miss it again like last time. Unlike his traditional updates i doubt anyone over there could really know for sure how long it would take recoding and adding in new features on the fly (and human error issues like the time he admitted he forgot to add one of the season specials into the merge lol). Once its out and the next update hits all will be forgotten and forgiven but of course until them the haters will hate and the patient will get said virtue tested. We can only hope its sooner rather than later but itll be worth it even just to stop the number of new players looking and inevitably asking for the 1000th time about clear issues with current system like having no idea what to download, what patch works with what and even the naming of said patches not being transparent in all the days it covers lol.
I don't need to know when it comes out. I just want to hear about weekly progress. What problems are causing issues, how those issues get solved etc. I'm happy to wait for a while if need be. It's just the radio silence I don't like.

TheJuice

Dec 5, 2018
it wont let me play week 1 says im getting a traceback error and a mod cant can't be found? im a little lost as to why it wouldnt work

raggedsunbeam

May 7, 2020
I decided a while ago that without a roadmap with the following information, I can't support anything on Patreon. Too much faffing about.

1. Development milestones: what content will in 0.1, 0.2, etc.
  2. How many updates (including non-milestone supporter content) there will be.
  3. Weekly updates on progress and blockers, and what is being done about blockers
  4. Priority compared to other projects
I don't need a full Agile SCRUM meeting-like post every week, but for fuck's sake, if I'm donating on Patreon I'm basically an investor. I should be updated like any investor would be.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Here's why they stopped with weekly status reports:

Because people would be bitching at Blue saying they're almost done, every week, and that's all he can ever really say. The actual shit is nearly there but with such a complex fucking game merge like this (This is THE LARGEST VN OF ALL TIME remember?) the team manager is going over it in detail to ensure shit isn't broken on launch. This team doesn't want to have something be broken on release, and have to keep patching, sit tight, the wait is nearly over. You can trust me because no god damn reason I just know more than any of you about the progress.
Creating an article in the German wikipedia about your game calling it "the Largest VN of all time" doesn't make it so, and it's really comical that people have picked up this banner and carried it.

"You can trust me because no god damn reason I just know more than any of you about the progress." LOL.

I wish Blue and the rest of the dev team the best of luck, but at this point dates, ETAs, are probably best to avoid after missing so many for so long. And would be "white knights" stomping on people for talking about missed dates and wondering when the update is coming should take a deep breath and find a more productive use of their time. We're all in the same boat waiting for the update...

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Creating an article in the German wikipedia about your game calling it "the Largest VN of all time" doesn't make it so, and it's really comical that people have picked up this banner and carried it.

"You can trust me because no god damn reason I just know more than any of you about the progress." LOL.

I wish Blue and the rest of the dev team the best of luck, but at this point dates, ETAs, are probably best to avoid after missing so many for so long. And would be "white knights" stomping on people for talking about missed dates and wondering when the update is coming should take a deep breath and find a more productive use of their time. We're all in the same boat waiting for the update...
They missed one. Let's not exaggerate the issue here. They've actually made a point not set a date until Christmas, though that obviously didn't pan out. The only real issue is the radio silence.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
They missed one. Let's not exaggerate the issue here. They've actually made a point not set a date until Christmas, though that obviously didn't pan out. The only real issue is the radio silence.
Unrelated to the discussion but still relevant: How didn't we, as a species, learn not to set a date anywhere near christmas? Once it was "we will be home by christmas!" and then it went "We'll win this war by christmas!" and now here we are.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez

kevinscottmiller

Jul 25, 2019
Unrelated to the discussion but still relevant: How didn't we, as a species, learn not to set a date anywhere near christmas? Once it was "we will be home by christmas!" and then it went "We'll win this war by christmas!" and now here we are.
to be fare they said they hoped to have it done by them they didnt say it was a definate date

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019

Few things:

By the actual metrics of length: Code and script, this VN has already surpassed the largest known VN in the world in pure code and active script/story. So you can shove it on the fucking "Just because you said this doesn't make it true!" Unless you want different measurements.

I am not a white knight, I am just someone who has access to actual information of what the hell is going on. Get the hell over yourself, I'm going to stand up for an author who is a hell of a lot more productive than 95% of other creators and has rarely many fucked up deadlines-hint it only happens during the merges, with this being the second one. Merges are unpredictable as they haven't been done before and thus a variety of issues can arise.

Blue specifically avoided ETA's and deadlines, exactly for this case, that people like you would get your pearls ready to clutch the moment he missed his mark.

As for radio silence? Fine here's what's going on, the Project Manager is currently proofreading everything and will pass it back to Blue once he is satisfied that everything is properly in place, and there's nothing game breakingly wrong. There is not gonna be any progress updates to how far along this process is. You'll just have to wait for it to be done as there is little to say on it until the process is finished. Is that enough of a look inside to help tide you guys over?

Lobo420

Jun 28, 2020
omg i just finished the prank scene on day 18 and i am literally in tears from laughing so hard, that was the funniest shit i have seen in a very long time.

Reactions: KilljoyTRV

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
As for radio silence? Fine here's what's going on, the Project Manager is currently proofreading everything and will pass it back to Blue once he is satisfied that everything is properly in place, and there's nothing game breakingly wrong. There is not gonna be any progress updates to how far along this process is. You'll just have to wait for it to be done as there is little to say on it until the process is finished. Is that enough of a look inside to help tide you guys over?
Knowing that makes a big difference for me actually, so thanks. You sure you should be sharing that though?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Knowing that makes a big difference for me actually, so thanks. You sure you should be sharing that though?
Pretty sure, as Blue stated this in a public channel on the discord, I just had to make sure I did not talk about anything pertaining to things said in private, which is why it took me so long to make a post. I will not go into any further detail, as I am not a team member, but this is the best that can be told about for public knowledge. There is no timetable.

LonelyMusha

Jun 29, 2019
A question for one or two who would bother and answer me.
Since i'm being lazy ass right now and due to that i didn't read all these 700 pages - i have one question: I heard the game is being merged into one full Month by blue last months. Is that correct the next update is going to be "A full month", so we won't need download prev weeks? I'm being curious since i'd like to play the game from the beginning, so i wonder should i wait for the next update or should i just download week 1/2/3 in order to play week 4 with my saves. Thank you in advance and Sorry for typos though

kevinscottmiller

Jul 25, 2019
A question for one or two who would bother and answer me.
Since i'm being lazy ass right now and due to that i didn't read all these 700 pages - i have one question: I heard the game is being merged into one full Month by blue last months. Is that correct the next update is going to be "A full month", so we won't need download prev weeks? I'm being curious since i'd like to play the game from the beginning, so i wonder should i wait for the next update or should i just download week 1/2/3 in order to play week 4 with my saves. Thank you in advance and Sorry for typos though
yea it is correct saves from the previous 3 weeks wont be capatable with the full month download so you will need to start a new game

Lobo420

Jun 28, 2020
that's ok with me i was planning on playing through it all again since i got alot of errors & missing images on week 3 & i am curious what happens when i make different choices

MrGrumblier

Oct 31, 2017
Clarify - a new game in the next A Full Month update, correct?
The Month 1 release will be the month of July - the three weeks already released merged into a single download. The code is streamlined/optimised in the merge so old saves will not be compatible. Month 1 will not have any new content. It starts on July 13 and ends August 2.

Lobo420

Jun 28, 2020
The Month 1 release will be the month of July - the three weeks already released merged into a single download. The code is streamlined/optimised in the merge so old saves will not be compatible. Month 1 will not have any new content. It starts on July 13 and ends August 2.
a few questions just formed in my head

Are all the specials going to be included?

will it be released with the Dark Mind patch?

and lastly, if there is an estimated release date

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
a few questions just formed in my head

Are all the specials going to be included?

will it be released with the Dark Mind patch?

and lastly, if there is an estimated release date
As far as we know, at least most of the specials are being implemented as skippable dream sequences.

It'll have it's own version of the Dark Mind patch that you'll need to install yourself.

Nothing official, but probably not to long from now.

Reactions: cakeny
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes