pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Ok but as far as i can tell this been going on for quite some time now (the mere)

What happens when i start week 2 now? How does the game progress?
Should i start week 2 or wait for the merge (whenever thats going to happen) ?
The game doesn't really branch so there are no hard choices. The merge is a very touchy subject around here and right now it looks like it could be out in a few months. When it does come out, you will have to replay the game so if you want to continue on now and then replay in a couple of months, go for it. There is a ton of content and the game is enjoyable as it is now so I would not find a replay annoying even if it happened a few months after I finished.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Just wondering but after almost a year do bluecat shows some render (like monthly render for patreon) or nothing?
Since i didn't see any new pic pop out in the thread for a while i just wonder.

Reactions: lonelygale

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Ok but as far as i can tell this been going on for quite some time now (the mere)

What happens when i start week 2 now? How does the game progress?
Should i start week 2 or wait for the merge (whenever thats going to happen) ?
I think copy/pasting the Week 1 saves into the Week 2 save folder should do the trick. I'm, like, 70% sure.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Hey says plenty, through my updates, but there's not much to share beyond the general I tell you all. For all intents and purposes, I am Bluecat's voice on the forum when it comes to information pertaining to the game.

Beyond that, the way to import save data between week 1 and week 2 in the old way is to delete persistent save data that is found elsewhere, wherever your PC decides to store app data, then importing the week 1 save. Naturally the merge is the solution to this and will be out sometime in the next three months. :)

That is the official word, beyond that, simply playing week 2 will have you on default pathways is all.

Reactions: code991

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Beyond that, the way to import save data between week 1 and week 2 in the old way is to delete persistent save data that is found elsewhere, wherever your PC decides to store app data, then importing the week 1 save. Naturally the merge is the solution to this and will be out sometime in the next three months. :)
Can you be more specific?

I know where the saves are stored but as for the persistent save data, i've got a bunch of persistent files (if you are refering to it). Each save folder has this "persistent" file and there is one even in the game folder.

Which one do i delete?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Can you be more specific?

I know where the saves are stored but as for the persistent save data, i've got a bunch of persistent files (if you are refering to it). Each save folder has this "persistent" file and there is one even in the game folder.

Which one do i delete?
All of them, the ones in the saves, game, and in app data. Least I'm pretty sure the one in the game folder, most assuredly the one in saves and the one in app data

code991

Aug 21, 2021
All of them, the ones in the saves, game, and in app data. Least I'm pretty sure the one in the game folder, most assuredly the one in saves and the one in app data
Right, thank you.

One last quick question, i forgot to mention this in my past post (sorry to be a bother about this)

Do i delete the persisten file from week 1 or week 2 or both?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Right, thank you.

One last quick question, i forgot to mention this in my past post (sorry to be a bother about this)

Do i delete the persisten file from week 1 or week 2 or both?
Week 1, unless you already began week 2 without the save importing....you can see why the merge had to happen now for the saves to work.

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Week 1, unless you already began week 2 without the save importing....you can see why the merge had to happen now for the saves to work.
Ok so is there any way for me to know if i've done it all right? I had started week 2 without importing saves but ive deleted the saves and the persistent file from week 2 before i moved the save files from week 1 to week 2.

I started a new game now and im wondering if i did it all right.

Thank you btw for your help thus far!

01110011 01101011

Donor
Jan 10, 2018
Aight, here's the deal, I'm Bluecat's voice on this forum, don't like it? There's the door, since I'm technically given a compensation I work for Bluecat in this limited capacity. So while nobody is forcing me, I still am obligated because I said I'd do it without ever being asked. I like to help, so in that vein here's some additional info only for you, because one of you actually asked for something in a constructive form.

Here is the status:

Within this year, that is 2021, the merge will be out: the save functions work correctly with no issues, character info is being disregarded for a faster release, and Bluecat is at the very least confident that Late can complete the rest of the work load within the year. Though for obvious reasons, he does not want to be more specific in case running up against new issues, or missing deadlines.

However, I doubt this will make anyone happy, and simply encourage everyone to yell about how "You said it was soon last time and blah blah blah!". Save your breath, I know everything you people will say because its the same regurgitation. On the other hand, Smartmint this is exactly what you asked me to find out, so I hope it sates you for a little bit longer at the very least. Your request was actually reasonable and I moved to try and fulfill it to the best of my capabilities.

There is a very strong positive upswing about everything, and the malaise of the endless merge seems to have abated, dev feelings on a matter and the tones in which they use to address them, are just as important as the information actually provided.

To those who are actually just trying to weather the storm with me and help on some level, thanks, it actually is appreciated and I do feel good knowing I'm not alone. With that, I'll give another question since the last one didn't go over well enough.

You get a teaching job as Raspo, how do you handle how things be goin on at this academy and which classes would you prefer to be teaching in. Would you be capable of being friendly with Matsu or see him as rivalry?

Aight, I'm still tired, laters and cheers bitches.

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
Contrary to what you may think, i am pleased with this news, and again, if they will resume the effort of old, i will gladly jump back in, on subscribestar, and a suggestion, this "portal", provide a lot of skilled modders and programmers, instead of messing up, try to ask for help, you may be surprised.
You have a good game there with a good base, don't waste it.

• Wow
Reactions: dddd5 and Jeancul

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Wheres the update, it been a year or more????!!!!.....
Possibly never at this rate unless your talking the merge in which case... possibly never lol. His puppet sometimes comes along saying stuff like "stay positive" and "it is coming" despite being nearly a year late already because well someone has to keep the remaining patreons from running away. The dev himself wants to emigrate to a different country - his priorities have long since moved on from this game, as have most of us once upon a time fans of his.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Possibly never at this rate unless your talking the merge in which case... possibly never lol. His puppet sometimes comes along saying stuff like "stay positive" and "it is coming" despite being nearly a year late already because well someone has to keep the remaining patreons from running away. The dev himself wants to emigrate to a different country - his priorities have long since moved on from this game, as have most of us once upon a time fans of his.
Please refrain from libelous language :)

The merge will be completed within the next 3 months as has been repeated multiple times, as for anything regarding Bluecat's personal life-that's not a factor in game development and should not be held in consideration.

While you are free to doubt on this expectation of release, I would ask you refrain from calling me a puppet, or insinuating on a subject matter you know nothing about like whether or not Bluecat is still dedicated to his own project. It is quite deliberately a way to stir up controversies in the thread, and little else, and nobody really wants that if all the post clean up by the mods is to be considered.

For everyone else who is actually sticking this out, thank you and I will be back when not tired as all crap to begin questions again.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Please refrain from libelous language :)

The merge will be completed within the next 3 months as has been repeated multiple times, as for anything regarding Bluecat's personal life-that's not a factor in game development and should not be held in consideration.

While you are free to doubt on this expectation of release, I would ask you refrain from calling me a puppet, or insinuating on a subject matter you know nothing about like whether or not Bluecat is still dedicated to his own project. It is quite deliberately a way to stir up controversies in the thread, and little else, and nobody really wants that if all the post clean up by the mods is to be considered.

For everyone else who is actually sticking this out, thank you and I will be back when not tired as all crap to begin questions again.
I have one tiny question for ya Skummy, since you seem to have some form of direct communication with BC. Is the merge the only thing upcoming? Will BC make an actual update for new content as well before the end of the year?

It's been 11 months now since the last update, and while the game shouldn't be flagged Abandoned since he -is- working on it, I feel like the thread should at least get an On-Hold tag added at this point in time, until he releases either the Merge or new content.

Reactions: jinxw1 and viclog1

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
So, I've read a few times that BlueCat wants to move to Japan. What do you think that will do for development of Ecchi Sensei? Do you think he will continue it after the move?

Also, serious question from a westerner, but what is so great about living in Japan for non-japanese people? It seems lots of people want to move there for some reason. I have no idea firsthand, but it seems to me as an outsider that Japan is an insular country, where most of the citizens and the overall culture is hostile to outsiders (ie. Non native Japanese people), so I don't understand why someone that is not Japanese would want to live there.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
So, I've read a few times that BlueCat wants to move to Japan. What do you think that will do for development of Ecchi Sensei? Do you think he will continue it after the move?

Also, serious question from a westerner, but what is so great about living in Japan for non-japanese people? It seems lots of people want to move there for some reason. I have no idea firsthand, but it seems to me as an outsider that Japan is an insular country, where most of the citizens and the overall culture is hostile to outsiders (ie. Non native Japanese people), so I don't understand why someone that is not Japanese would want to live there.
I have a friend who lived there for a year. People in general are more polite to you to your face (can't speak to what happens behind closed doors is the only reason why 'to your face' was added), and they found their social anxiety to be triggered less often. There are a lot of convenient innovations, as well.

There are also a lot of things that are different that might rub some people the wrong way - censorship laws, amount of space available, and so forth.

For people working there, I get a weird mix of intense pressure to perform and the companies trying to do things to keep your mental health up, but that's all 3rd/4th hand or media stuff, so I'm not sure where the truth lies.

Either way, my friend actually didn't want to come back to Canada, so for them, at least, it wound up being better.

Reactions: Smarmint
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes