Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Here is the status:

Within this year, that is 2021, the merge will be out: the save functions work correctly with no issues, character info is being disregarded for a faster release, and Bluecat is at the very least confident that Late can complete the rest of the work load within the year. Though for obvious reasons, he does not want to be more specific in case running up against new issues, or missing deadlines.

However, I doubt this will make anyone happy, and simply encourage everyone to yell about how "You said it was soon last time and blah blah blah!". Save your breath, I know everything you people will say because its the same regurgitation. On the other hand, Smartmint this is exactly what you asked me to find out, so I hope it sates you for a little bit longer at the very least. Your request was actually reasonable and I moved to try and fulfill it to the best of my capabilities.
Sounds good, thanks. I appreciate the status update.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I honestly don't understand why people care about what others do with their money. You don't think the game should be supported? Great, you have your reasons, don't support it. (My reasons for not supporting it are I need my money for other things, and I also don't like the lack of receivable progress).

If other people want to support it, it's their money. They have all the information available to them. What's happening now, how long it's been since an update, etc. It's not hard to discover that. If they don't want to take the few minutes it takes to find that info out, that's their decision too.

While I don't support the game, I haven't given up on the idea that eventually there will be more to come. To that end, I very much appreciate the people who do still support it (though I also understand everyone who stopped doing so) because I feel like their continued support will make it more likely a new update will happen eventually.

Bottom line? Everyone should be free to do what they want with their money.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Within this year, that is 2021, the merge will be out: the save functions work correctly with no issues, character info is being disregarded for a faster release, and Bluecat is at the very least confident that Late can complete the rest of the work load within the year. Though for obvious reasons, he does not want to be more specific in case running up against new issues, or missing deadlines.
That's a pleasant surprise. My rough estimate was mid 2022 based on the information shared in this thread, although that was including the character profiles. Will we need to start fresh when the profiles are eventually added or will they get slipped into a later release without breaking saves (in theory)?

Vladimir_xyz

Feb 28, 2021
Aight, here's the deal, I'm Bluecat's voice on this forum, don't like it? There's the door, since I'm technically given a compensation I work for Bluecat in this limited capacity. So while nobody is forcing me, I still am obligated because I said I'd do it without ever being asked. I like to help, so in that vein here's some additional info only for you, because one of you actually asked for something in a constructive form.

Here is the status:

However, I doubt this will make anyone happy, and simply encourage everyone to yell about how "You said it was soon last time and blah blah blah!". Save your breath, I know everything you people will say because its the same regurgitation. On the other hand, Smartmint this is exactly what you asked me to find out, so I hope it sates you for a little bit longer at the very least. Your request was actually reasonable and I moved to try and fulfill it to the best of my capabilities.

There is a very strong positive upswing about everything, and the malaise of the endless merge seems to have abated, dev feelings on a matter and the tones in which they use to address them, are just as important as the information actually provided.

To those who are actually just trying to weather the storm with me and help on some level, thanks, it actually is appreciated and I do feel good knowing I'm not alone. With that, I'll give another question since the last one didn't go over well enough.

You get a teaching job as Raspo, how do you handle how things be goin on at this academy and which classes would you prefer to be teaching in. Would you be capable of being friendly with Matsu or see him as rivalry?

Aight, I'm still tired, laters and cheers bitches.

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
im cool with waiting if the word thats given is kept but i got to ask is the next month after ganna take this long? no real problem if so this games is prolly the best out there to me at least.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Blue always does his best to deliver a first-rate product in the most reasonable time possible. This merge is taking so long because there's a LOT of work to be done, basically re-coding the entire game if I remember correctly. I've played ES since before Week One was even complete, so I've seen his usual update schedule. I very highly doubt that the updates following this will take anywhere near as long as this one has: the sheer amount of labor needed to do this was astronomical. Just be patient a bit longer, eh? Knowing Blue, it'll be worth it.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
im cool with waiting if the word thats given is kept but i got to ask is the next month after ganna take this long? no real problem if so this games is prolly the best out there to me at least.
Sort of in the sense that it will probably be released 2 days at a time on a monthly basis. Basically Bluecat started releasing individual days. As the team grew and he got more experienced they switched up to 2 day releases, and later each 2 day release was encompassed in a larger week download so people could just wait until the whole week was out to download once. Unfortunately a bunch of the features Bluecat wanted in the game were super buggy and tended to break inter-week saving. To fix this it was decided to do a "merge" that would roll together all available content while also adjusting the code to handle the wanted features. Patrons actually got to vote on when the merge would happen and they chose Month 1. The job was bigger than expected and Latecomer got sick during the pandemic which put things on hold for a while. Once this merge is done things should go back to the old 2 days each month release schedule. Especially since Blue has already been working on renders for the next few releases which will then just need to be coded. There's another big merge later (I think when Month 6 is done) but unless new bugs pop up that will just be squeezing all available content into one download.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
That's a pleasant surprise. My rough estimate was mid 2022 based on the information shared in this thread, although that was including the character profiles. Will we need to start fresh when the profiles are eventually added or will they get slipped into a later release without breaking saves (in theory)?
They should be, hopefully speaking, patched in with no breaking issues later on a few updates from now. However to see all the entries you would have to go back and replay the game. I am unsure if it would need to be restarted anyways, as if it needs to have begun from the very start to function at all, as I am not a coder :3

As for how long should the next update be after merge? The next month afterwards.

How will the next merging go for month 2? Smoothly, as is evidenced by how the following weeks after week 1 were nothing to write home about in any way and were simply just folded into regular updates.

Answering some other things that came up as my computer was restarting, yes I will affirm my ass does get a bit more emotional than it ought to be, though I do make attempts to be as professional as I can. Just sometimes yall rub me the wrong way. I have to write several drafts sometimes just because I need to control my amount of annoyance or if I'm coming off as too defensive. Sorry for that, but I'm a mumbling something incoherent and we have our flaws, I still do try to deliver what I promise, and I believe I've done so for now to help us cool our jets a bit better.

I think we can put a lot of arguments to bed at this point and refocus on the fact that we have an estimation of release, and while its not the most laser focused, its not being dishonest with trying to give an arbitrary date. Its just a promise that within the next three months we will finally see the release of a completed Month 1. I think that's a reasonable assertion and can satisfy enough people.

Now can people please play along with my question game? I think about these things just to keep us occupied with something, that isn't our thoughts. Lets be honest, none of us can be left alone with our thoughts, we've all heard them.

You get a teaching job as Raspo, how do you handle how things be goin on at this academy and which classes would you prefer to be teaching in. Would you be capable of being friendly with Matsu or see him as rivalry?

Okay, back to lurking, I'll come back if enough shit catches on fire again.

Stay Playful, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Last edited:

huge43

Jul 2, 2017
They should be, hopefully speaking, patched in with no breaking issues later on a few updates from now. However to see all the entries you would have to go back and replay the game. I am unsure if it would need to be restarted anyways, as if it needs to have begun from the very start to function at all, as I am not a coder :3

As for how long should the next update be after merge? The next month afterwards.

How will the next merging go for month 2? Smoothly, as is evidenced by how the following weeks after week 1 were nothing to write home about in any way and were simply just folded into regular updates.

Answering some other things that came up as my computer was restarting, yes I will affirm my ass does get a bit more emotional than it ought to be, though I do make attempts to be as professional as I can. Just sometimes yall rub me the wrong way. I have to write several drafts sometimes just because I need to control my amount of annoyance or if I'm coming off as too defensive. Sorry for that, but I'm a mumbling something incoherent and we have our flaws, I still do try to deliver what I promise, and I believe I've done so for now to help us cool our jets a bit better.

Also please do not say my name is Scummy, it is Skummy, with a K, while the joke is about it being an off spelling of Scummy that's not really the point. The point of the name is to be ironic because I'm not scummy and deceitful, I'm actually sweet and trustworthy, usually I'm sweet just sometimes a bit angry comes out. Never dishonest though, just wrong, a lot which I'll own. Sorry that's a tangent because its a peeve of mine when people misspell my name like that either intentionally or unintentionally. I take care to try and spell other names correctly, moving on.

I think we can put a lot of arguments to bed at this point and refocus on the fact that we have an estimation of release, and while its not the most laser focused, its not being dishonest with trying to give an arbitrary date. Its just a promise that within the next three months we will finally see the release of a completed Month 1. I think that's a reasonable assertion and can satisfy enough people.

Now can people please play along with my question game? I think about these things just to keep us occupied with something, that isn't our thoughts. Lets be honest, none of us can be left alone with our thoughts, we've all heard them.

Okay, back to lurking, I'll come back if enough shit catches on fire again.

Stay Playful, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
apologies for the mis-spelling of your name, it wasn't intentional, and is now edited and corrected

Reactions: Skummy Ecchi

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019

I don't think Matsu would let us be friendly with him on anything but the surface if we had any intention of sexual activities with any of the girls. He pretty clearly wants them all to himself. At least for the males on the forum. The females might have more luck, as that doesn't seem to bother him. Given the student body, I doubt I'd be able to not have an interest in at least some of the girls, so I'd probably not be able to be friends with him.

As to the teaching part, I'd take the job of education pretty seriously. I like teaching a lot.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
apologies for the mis-spelling of your name, it wasn't intentional, and is now edited and corrected
Apologies for coming on so strong, that's not nice considering it was an honest mistake, thank you for corrections :) I've since removed my tangent on the matter as well

Lachesis580

Apr 11, 2019
Im done with Week 1 (DM Enabled) and absolutely love this VN so far, i mean the first 2 days were enough already where i thought:
"Damn this will be an awesome experience and so much more to come content wise."
But on the same site i was a bit sad to see that this came out 2018 and only 3 Weeks are present, which is ofc not a bad thing with that much content and quality but i also can't get enough already and still have Week 2 & 3 ahead of me.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Im done with Week 1 (DM Enabled) and absolutely love this VN so far, i mean the first 2 days were enough already where i thought:
"Damn this will be an awesome experience and so much more to come content wise."
But on the same site i was a bit sad to see that this came out 2018 and only 3 Weeks are present, which is ofc not a bad thing with that much content and quality but i also can't get enough already and still have Week 2 & 3 ahead of me.
You'll probably be better off holding out for a bit longer. A merge of the current content with the bug fixes, and some quality of life additions is due out by the end of the year, after a long and rough development time. If it manages to make it's new deadline, it'll still require you to replay everything from Weeks 1-3, due to saves no longer being compatible.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Reminder: The Merge is expected to be released within the next three months, which is to say by the end of 2021. The exact timing is still not clear, but this is a window that the developer is willing to commit to as of now.

You're missing the point, I was only correcting the fact he said they were paid shills, which is factually incorrect. You are not immune to being corrected, just from being censored. Please be sure to actually understand the context of my statements before you write replies to them.

Actually responding to some of your points, I have not once declared that I am not on the developer's side, in fact I've done the exact opposite and continually seek to challenge any false statements or assertions on their behalf. That should not make my position any less than anyone else's. the developers already take this very seriously, and understand the shit storm that it is. That they are not here is not a demerit to that stance, nobody has tried to absolve them of how shit a situation this is, what I am doing is mitigating the supposed scope people are trying to expand this to.

This is not some kind of massive mega disaster where nobody is going to ever want to play this game again, this is just an inexperienced group of people, failing to complete something they set out to do, and suffering the monetary and reputational consequences proportionally. It does not need to be blown out of proportion, it does not need to be lied about saying that people are being scammed, lied to, or are otherwise being over all mislead of harmed in any way.

What it needs to do, it be understood that the team has already suffered heavily in a financial form, it could be between some combination of months or possibly even a full year before they're returning back to pre merge levels of income. Bluecat's robust reputation has taken a severe dive, and may need longer to recover than his income, and while maintaining perfect update scheduling. Overall, this situation is already an uphill battle to repair the damage that has been done as it is now, and I feel it is not at all necessary for more fuel to be added to the blazing dumpster fire that has been just going nuts.

So please, fi for nothing else, understand why I do what I do after reading that and why, while you are free to voice your opinions, I am free to provide damage control and disproportionately come down on the most negative of posters. Due tot he fact I am trying to help keep things within scope, and not let them make a mountain out of a, well not mole hill, probably more like an actual hill at this rate. If you do not like how virulently I commit myself to assaulting false information then you are free to express it, but I will not refrain from being very exceedingly blunt to those who are hurling wrong information around.

As for my conduct, that is oh so egregious, do understand that I am honestly doing far more good in maintaining a proper line of information, and attacking misinformation. That aside, my interactions with you who are disgruntled is a minor case of a few vocal people being pissed. The vast majority of people, and I can assure you, could not give less of a fuck about what we are discussing and are only here to check for updates and information. So I highly doubt I'm doing anything of negative consequence to Bluecat, and rather the fact I continue to do my job in giving information is actually more helpful than harmful regardless of the times I slip up and get too aggressive.

So, look to the above, where I have not personally attacked anyone, not come against anything but conduct and how I accomplish my work. There you go, now I would hope that this would quiet things down for the time being, you've been given the new window of time by which to wait on the merge. I would figure this should put the lid on most of the discussion until that time either elapses or we are at the merge. Discuss the window, talk about when you believe it might be appearing in that time frame, talk about random shit about the game-but I would hope that we can all stop focusing on the negatives. that is not healthy for anyone to be doing.

That's all,

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Just wanted to post and say that I'm loving the game so far. Just completed week 2 and this game has some of the best content, best renders, and best animations of any game on this site. The developers obviously put a lot of time and effort into making this game successful and I greatly appreciate it.

Looking forward to the the rest of the game when it's available. Big thanks to the Dev team!

Jul 17, 2019
I do wonder if we will at least get these specials that were promised to us last year, although I'm not holding out hope, since we also didn't get the promised christmas special either.

So far, only two Specials are planned for the coming year:

Fapoween 2021 (Release at the end of October)

Christmas + New Year Special 2021 (Release at the end of December)

It will just be a month 2 merge (days 22-50 or so), and then month 3 merge, etc until around 6 months (when the next megamerge happens) right? At least that's what he said in update post 4 of the month 1 megamerge

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
How will the next merging go for month 2?
I thought the next Merge was at 6 months?

I do wonder if we will at least get these specials that were promised to us last year, although I'm not holding out hope, since we also didn't get the promised christmas special either.
Do people even want them? Whenever one drops, it's near universal complaints that it's not the next day/week/whatever.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
It will just be a month 2 merge (days 22-50 or so), and then month 3 merge, etc until around 6 months (when the next megamerge happens) right? At least that's what he said in update post 4 of the month 1 megamerge
Yes, which is the entire point, that its so mundane that you don't actively think about everything being smushed together, once you go through all the headaches of the first time you can copy it through to the new times. Yes, Six Month will be next mega merge where they will probably think its easy and actually is way harder than they thought, or not, who knows. Probably now that they've finalized everything in Month 1 it will be smooth sailing.

jjjjj1076701

Sep 20, 2020
Yes, which is the entire point, that its so mundane that you don't actively think about everything being smushed together, once you go through all the headaches of the first time you can copy it through to the new times. Yes, Six Month will be next mega merge where they will probably think its easy and actually is way harder than they thought, or not, who knows. Probably now that they've finalized everything in Month 1 it will be smooth sailing.
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing the bdsm room.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes