giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Years ago I visited a small town where joy reigned among its inhabitants. A year later I made another visit to this same city, but things were strange, joy no longer reigned. I asked an old lady the cause of the change, and she replied: “My dear sir, we are in election time”. Before "Bluecat" stopped doing updates, this topic was just joy, today, not so different from election time, it's just discord. Some don't want to accept that the game is over, while others can't stand the excuses anymore... Now what? I don't know about you, but I'm shifting focus. :cool:

cavalheirismo.gif

C-Zeta

Jul 5, 2018
I think it's safe to say that this game deserves an (ABANDONED) Tag.
Honestly man, BlueCat, ICSTOR. Like even the guy from School of Lust. I don't know who said, but i quote this person:

"I call this the Curse of Patreon"

Honestly? Wise words... That's why is difficult for me to keep with Western games projects,1 out of 10 games will actually see the light of day on his full glory, the rest will be forgotten and abandoned. But i don't see a problem with that, i see a problem with the fact that this developers appear with this games promising lands and seas to their backers, only to slow the progress of development to literally like 0.1 or even worse, when they rewrite the whole beginning for the 5th time or make spin off that are supposed to expand the world but at the end of the day are just off tracking projects. (*cough* Covenant *cough*)

Honestly i feel so done at this point, i have seen projects either being fully abandoned or their developers hanging and using they around like a banner to attract money, to be honest that woulnd't affect me that much if it was only a indie industry thing... (Sobs in Fable and The Old Republic series)

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I think it's safe to say that this game deserves an (ABANDONED) Tag.
Honestly man, BlueCat, ICSTOR. Like even the guy from School of Lust. I don't know who said, but i quote this person:

"I call this the Curse of Patreon"

Honestly? Wise words... That's why is difficult for me to keep with Western games projects,1 out of 10 games will actually see the light of day on his full glory, the rest will be forgotten and abandoned. But i don't see a problem with that, i see a problem with the fact that this developers appear with this games promising lands and seas to their backers, only to slow the progress of development to literally like 0.1 or even worse, when they rewrite the whole beginning for the 5th time or make spin off that are supposed to expand the world but at the end of the day are just off tracking projects. (*cough* Covenant *cough*)

Honestly i feel so done at this point, i have seen projects either being fully abandoned or their developers hanging and using they around like a banner to attract money, to be honest that woulnd't affect me that much if it was only a indie industry thing... (Sobs in Fable and The Old Republic series)
It's just the state of the games industry as a whole sadly, even the best of them seem to fall down these days so the "average" bar just falls lower as a result, like a compounding effect almost. It is what it is and we can't change it, maybe help it in some form if we got into the industry ourselves but that's a whole different set of issues.

Your rewriting part reminds me of Dark Silver's Big Brother.. I really enjoyed it but always felt it was a bit slow. Then the patreon thing came and it got shutdown. Bunch of different remakes from other people popped up which is fine and all but never really improved upon what it was or added much too it IMO. Then you look at Dark Silver's new project since then (forgot the name) which personally I consider a failed venture purely because of how text on their UI is delivered in that game and then he goes along and resurrects Big Brother and puts it into his new game alongside it like a second story.

The problem then is it's not complete, his just slowly adding basically what his already done before (racking in easy $$) which makes it worthless if you actually liked the new game he was focusing on, but if you like Big Brother you may be excited he can continue it but you're left with it being implemented using the horrible new UI (seriously, I hate that text delivery) and significantly less content in the game than before it was originally shutdown lol.

It sucks, but it seems to work I guess. Anyway here's hoping we get the merge this year with them dropping that feature temporarily and it pays off in us actually getting it sooner. I also hope with the merge we have more text coloring options - I've always found in other games the ones that use white text with a black outline is both the nicest looking and easiest to read personally.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
So, why haven't the devs given a estimate of when the merge is completed? After a year, shouldn't they know how much work is left and what the pace of their work is?

Sure, a specific date is hard to estimate, but they should be at least able to narrow it down to a month or two by now.

There won't even be any new content. I honestly can't believe that after a year we are still waiting for a content-free update (I feel like an idiot).

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
So, why haven't the devs given a estimate of when the merge is completed? After a year, shouldn't they know how much work is left and what the pace of their work is?

Sure, a specific date is hard to estimate, but they should be at least able to narrow it down to a month or two by now.

There won't even be any new content. I honestly can't believe that after a year we are still waiting for a content-free update (I feel like an idiot).
Not even a estimate, if only the status reports were public.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
I kind of feel bad that I have forgoten this game ever existed... until I realized that DEV is taking a year to merge already existing content into one game :D Thing that should take few days for experienced programmer... Strange that there are still people defending DEV's excuses :D

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

lapau

Jan 9, 2018

I have asked this weeks ago in this thread. No answer then and I believe no answer still...

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Well, let's take a look at that really quick:
Ren'Py is a ready to use engine made for VNs. While someone obviously had to code it, this doesn't mean the author of this VN even touched the source code. Like i said, IF it is Ren'Py's fault by any means (which tbh I doubt) it is understandable, not everyone knows how to code and/or have time to learn after all.

Yandere Simulator and Fallout 76 issues are more related to "how do we handle that problem?" than skills imo. Both have shit game designs, and the Yandere Sim. dev manages to be worse than whoever makes the decisions at Bethesda. Also FO76 engine was originally for single-player games.
Yandev's issue with Yansim was essentially being a bad programmer unironically, then after being shown how to code better and having people cleaning his mess allowed him to be a bad programmer ironically

And if you haven't seen Internet Historian's vid, Fallout 76 fell unto Bethesda's relatively inexperienced B-team and the game scope keept getting bigger A mere modder proved that Fallout Scrolls can have working multiplayer years ago after making an online mod for Skyrim

Last edited:
Reactions: A Common Crab

Vladimir_xyz

Feb 28, 2021
How would that help?

People would call him a scammer or liar or whatever in response. The angry people would still be angry, the disappointed still disappointed and the game still not finished. The only people BC owes an explanation to are those who are paying for the game, and BC has been in communication with them.
it would help for he would be more inclined to talk and he wont get new ppl paying while he's acting this way i know I'm not putting money for something that looks dead in the water.

Bomatres

Dec 9, 2018
idc about patreon not punishing BlueCat but in this forum it should be tagged as "abandoned" or "on hold" or "delayed", it has been a long time ago since the latest new content without dev giving appropriate notification
people will be baited and fished to bluecat patreon page and others, making bluecat gain those money from people who doesn't know that the new content is "coming soon" for not "soon"

i've read about the 3 months rule and its loophole, dev can say nothing in 89 days then say "it will come soon" in last day to avoid the abandoned tag

this make me wonder wether this site get a commission from bluecat for not giving those tag? because ppl who come to this site will see this game is not on hold then they decide to support the dev, but turn out the dev is delaying for a long time
bluecat get money from those "tricked" newcomer, then he use a portion of the money to pay this site a tribute

and before you said that i'm just a freeloader so my opinion doesn't matter, isn't this a pirating site? every member should matter wether they support the dev or not, this is not patreon page or bluecat personal forum

also i notice someone replying to my comment, but my comment has been deleted

can't a member of this site comment what their opinion is? why does this site biased toward BlueCat?

01110011 01101011

Donor
Jan 10, 2018
Let's be clear, i was a patreon of ecchi and than on subscribestar, for over a year, and i got tired of monthly report of nothing, i work with maya for particle graphics, and i do know a thing or two, someone told that they are not scammer but instead they just fucked up, maybe, but if i fuck up, i do take the responsibilities of my mistakes, stop charging and work 18 hours per day to get things back as they should, than i ask to my former supporters if they agree with my "fixing", and only if they say yes i will start to charge again, in the meantime i will report to them every day, not for them, but the questions and the pressure will keep me from getting lazy.

EDIT: as a former supporter, i think the game was good, and if i will ever see the same effort that there was in the first 3 weeks, i am ready to support the game again.

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
EDIT: as a former supporter, i think the game was good, and if i will ever see the same effort that there was in the first 3 weeks, i am ready to support the game again.
I think that is what bothers most of us. The severe lack of effort. Even someone with basic computer skills, could merge Ecchi Sensei versions in a few weeks of diligent work, and a month or two of barely any work. The fact that the devs have been able to drag it out for a year, collecting many thousands a month, bothers a lot of people.

I am sure they will release something with new content someday, but based on Bluecat and teams "efforts", I don't think they will ever get to a steady and sizeable release schedule like we used to see with this game.

Reactions: Jarul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Aight, here's the deal, I'm Bluecat's voice on this forum, don't like it? There's the door, since I'm technically given a compensation I work for Bluecat in this limited capacity. So while nobody is forcing me, I still am obligated because I said I'd do it without ever being asked. I like to help, so in that vein here's some additional info only for you, because one of you actually asked for something in a constructive form.

Here is the status:

Within this year, that is 2021, the merge will be out: the save functions work correctly with no issues, character info is being disregarded for a faster release, and Bluecat is at the very least confident that Late can complete the rest of the work load within the year. Though for obvious reasons, he does not want to be more specific in case running up against new issues, or missing deadlines.

However, I doubt this will make anyone happy, and simply encourage everyone to yell about how "You said it was soon last time and blah blah blah!". Save your breath, I know everything you people will say because its the same regurgitation. On the other hand, Smartmint this is exactly what you asked me to find out, so I hope it sates you for a little bit longer at the very least. Your request was actually reasonable and I moved to try and fulfill it to the best of my capabilities.

There is a very strong positive upswing about everything, and the malaise of the endless merge seems to have abated, dev feelings on a matter and the tones in which they use to address them, are just as important as the information actually provided.

To those who are actually just trying to weather the storm with me and help on some level, thanks, it actually is appreciated and I do feel good knowing I'm not alone. With that, I'll give another question since the last one didn't go over well enough.

You get a teaching job as Raspo, how do you handle how things be goin on at this academy and which classes would you prefer to be teaching in. Would you be capable of being friendly with Matsu or see him as rivalry?

Aight, I'm still tired, laters and cheers bitches.

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Jul 17, 2019
I said it before and I'll say it again:

Anyone who thinks paywalling simple progress reports is a good idea should have their brain checked. Imagine going to the stock market but only being able to see the finantial reports of companies you already bought stock of.
Worst part is, they were always available for everyone, until the point where the merge just didn't happen when it was supposed to, and now the past year they've been paywalled when there hasn't been a single update

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes