Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Thats how much he has been drawing from Patreon.
And my point was if this level of delay was caused in any organization, he would have been fired by month 2.
Fun fact: When you an entrepreneur, the normal rules do not apply, if you can keep the business afloat then you can keep it afloat. You can't be fried if you own the company, so relating it to normal companies is not going to work. This of course changes for an actual corporation but technically they're a legal person.

Anyways 2k is not accurate, as you forget that Patreon takes a 20% cut, so its at the very most making 1600$, of which at least three additional people beyond Blue get paid some portion of that. Then they pay self employment taxes on whatever is theirs. I really hope you guys will actually learn this lesson: Revenue does not equate to profits, and you need to stop acting as if they do.

Feb 19, 2018
Fun fact: When you an entrepreneur, the normal rules do not apply, if you can keep the business afloat then you can keep it afloat. You can't be fried if you own the company, so relating it to normal companies is not going to work. This of course changes for an actual corporation but technically they're a legal person.

Anyways 2k is not accurate, as you forget that Patreon takes a 20% cut, so its at the very most making 1600$, of which at least three additional people beyond Blue get paid some portion of that. Then they pay self employment taxes on whatever is theirs. I really hope you guys will actually learn this lesson: Revenue does not equate to profits, and you need to stop acting as if they do.
Bruh there has been 0 content release for 1 year+, even if its 1000$ / month post deductions, its 12000$ and nothing to show for, thats 3000$ per person. But sure keep defending that its fine.

NonChalantly

Feb 4, 2018
Hello thread!

I'm trying to extact week 1 DM patch and 7-zip extraction windows says "header error" or something like that, when I try to play the game stops working, I mean it does start but when I hit play it just stop working

here's the traceback:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'mod/textbox.png'>:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 224, in script call
call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
Exception: Could not find font u'mod/Tahoma_Correct_Version.ttf'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "gui/splash_screen.rpyc", line 17, in script
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\ast.py", line 690, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\exports.py", line 1322, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\character.py", line 1127, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
st, at)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\text\text.py", line 1981, in render
virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\text\text.py", line 611, in __init__
glyphs = ts.glyphs(s, self)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\text\text.py", line 242, in glyphs
fo = font.get_font(self.font, self.size, self.bold, self.italic, 0, self.antialias, self.vertical, self.hinting, layout.oversample)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\text\font.py", line 695, in get_font
face = load_face(fn)
File "E:\NSFW\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver\renpy\text\font.py", line 636, in load_face
raise Exception("Could not find font {0!r}.".format(orig_fn))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457
Ecchi Sensei week1 Week_1
Mon Dec 20 19:48:29 2021

If anyone can help I'll be grateful

BTW I did play this game like a year ago or 2 years ago I don't remember honestly, but now it just doesn't work, I just download it aswell, and the others weeks do work, thanks alot.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Anyways 2k is not accurate, as you forget that Patreon takes a 20% cut, so its at the very most making 1600$, of which at least three additional people beyond Blue get paid some portion of that.
Are you sure about that? According to Patreon, their cut is for a Patron Pro account, and for the last 14 months, Bluecat was making on average about per month, starting at about $5,800 a month October before last, steadily declining to about $3,300 today.

Either way, rather than debate about individual dollar amounts, taxes, whatever, the more pertinent question is, based on what Bluecat and team have brought in total as income over the 14 months, is the work that they have performed in that 14 months reasonable, compared to the income they have brought in?

Others, other than myself, can judge for themselves.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Hello thread!

I'm trying to extact week 1 DM patch and 7-zip extraction windows says "header error" or something like that, when I try to play the game stops working, I mean it does start but when I hit play it just stop working

here's the traceback:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'mod/textbox.png'>:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Could not find font u'mod/Tahoma_Correct_Version.ttf'.

The error is related to not having a font that the mod used, reinstall the mod and try again.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I still contend this site should have a [Dev Hell] tag or something similar to signal on the wide that the game has development troubles so expectations are set going into it that it may be a rocky road that keeps going or just ends suddenly. The tag could apply to many games tbh.
I agree. On Hold and Abandoned give the implication that it's by choice, when this isn't.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Are you sure about that? According to Patreon, their cut is for a Patron Pro account, and for the last 14 months, Bluecat was making on average about per month, starting at about $5,800 a month October before last, steadily declining to about $3,300 today.

Either way, rather than debate about individual dollar amounts, taxes, whatever, the more pertinent question is, based on what Bluecat and team have brought in total as income over the 14 months, is the work that they have performed in that 14 months reasonable, compared to the income they have brought in?

Others, other than myself, can judge for themselves.
My apologies I had the wrong percentages on that, that is on me. But I'm not about debating whether or not its been earned cash, I am just tired of people thinking that revenue equated to profit. I feel like its mostly a strawman issue that you're pointing to a dumpster fire project and proclaiming "They fucking suck, and haven't released anything yet! But they are still getting money! Therefore scam or milking!". Not you specifically, I meant the reason to bring up the money still being made in the first place. You are alright. Okay I have derailed long enough, gonna repost my question thing again!

Here's a fun bit for ya'll:

You gotta fuck one, marry one, kill one in the main cast of Ecchi Sensei, go.

As a parallel, spank one, give one to nurse, and kidnap one for yourself, go.

There, two questions for the price of one, ain't I lovely? :3

Stay Vigilant, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
I really want to misinterpret the post and say all three actions have to be done to the same person, but not necessarily in the order posted. I'm not sure how dark the humor gets around here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 246 and Jeancul

fashtar

Mar 23, 2019
My apologies I had the wrong percentages on that, that is on me. But I'm not about debating whether or not its been earned cash, I am just tired of people thinking that revenue equated to profit. I feel like its mostly a strawman issue that you're pointing to a dumpster fire project and proclaiming "They fucking suck, and haven't released anything yet! But they are still getting money! Therefore scam or milking!". Not you specifically, I meant the reason to bring up the money still being made in the first place. You are alright. Okay I have derailed long enough, gonna repost my question thing again!

Here's a fun bit for ya'll:

There, two questions for the price of one, ain't I lovely? :3

Stay Vigilant, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
What?! This question again!?

Oh no, I am not answering it twice.

I go back to sleep.

(CLONK!)

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz....

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I am just tired of people thinking that revenue equated to profit. I feel like its mostly a strawman issue that you're pointing to a dumpster fire project and proclaiming "They fucking suck, and haven't released anything yet! But they are still getting money! Therefore scam or milking!".
Yea, well, I don't like to attribute malevolence without proof. Probably Bluecat trusted Latecomer to follow through, and it didn't work out (probably, he still has another week). Unlike many here, I don't begrudge people that donate despite lack of progress. If people want to pledge for years, without any releases, who am I to say anything, it is their money. I personally, cancel my pledges and move it to other developers if no release seems likely in the foreseeable future, but that is just me. Whenever Bluecat starts releasing new content again, the long delay will be a distant memory.

Since you know what is going on a lot better than all of us, if you were a betting man, when would you predict we will see new content for Ecchi Sensei? Early in 2022, or later?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Yea, well, I don't like to attribute malevolence without proof. Probably Bluecat trusted Latecomer to follow through, and it didn't work out (probably, he still has another week). Unlike many here, I don't begrudge people that donate despite lack of progress. If people want to pledge for years, without any releases, who am I to say anything, it is their money. I personally, cancel my pledges and move it to other developers if no release seems likely in the foreseeable future, but that is just me. Whenever Bluecat starts releasing new content again, the long delay will be a distant memory.

Since you know what is going on a lot better than all of us, if you were a betting man, when would you predict we will see new content for Ecchi Sensei? Early in 2022, or later?
I would expect new content within three months of the new year personally, and that's giving some extra leeway, than what I would hope would be a February return to new content. I am still hoping Latecomer pulls off a miraculous hat trick that puts this whole nightmare behind us, and that we swiftly move into a proper update right after within a two month, at worst, span. I'd like for this all to be over, but for it also to be complete, because then it doesn't feel like we flushed down a year of our lives waiting on jack shit.

I might not always sound like it, but I am very fucking frustrated at this point, I just am refraining from negativity as well cause it's not gonna help me. I blame nobody, I have no hard feelings about this, its a fact of business I know too damn well and did myself when I was an entrepreneur, I tried and failed to make a custom wooden pen making business work out. I look forward to moving on from this point as quickly possible, if not just for the fact that people will shut up, and we can talk about something new for once.

So yeah, I trust first quarter of next year will be back to normal at least in terms of content releases. There is a lot of goodwill to build back up for the next probably year at minimum, its hard to get the first time, and even harder after you have an event like this. But ah well, I'm just here for the ride baby :).

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I would expect new content within three months of the new year personally, and that's giving some extra leeway, than what I would hope would be a February return to new content.
Thankfully for me and hopefully others should really not put any stock in what you say since it's conjecture (not on the dev team to start with) and should otherwise be Bluecat putting this information out himself not that he cares too otherwise he would do it. Seems bizarre to me that there should be yet another potential 3 month (copium) wait even now. I really want Bluecat to hire a project manager ASAP personally.

It's actually hilarious if you go back 100-150 pages to January this year seeing you saying things like Bluecat is eager to work on something that's not the merge, other people saying how the merge will probably be the only thing to release this year (lmao what a call by Nikeee back then). Different times, less doom and gloom but really a foretelling of the future I suppose.

I guess I'm just retreading the same ground here but well I guess he wasn't that eager after all. It's just annoying how much stuff we could've had (merge done, multiple content updates, etc) if the dev would just take his dick out of his hands so to speak lol.

Jul 17, 2019
To be fair, if you wanna give me $3.329 - 8% per month (left with about $3050 before tax from the top of my head) for doing fuck all for over a year (closing in on 15 months, if u don't count halloween special, 18 months), please do. I could use the money to support developers who actually care about their game & update the game in a timely manner.
Offer open to anyone btw, not just Skummy. I'll take $3050 a month for nothing from anyone, just saying.

I would expect new content within three months of the new year personally, and that's giving some extra leeway, than what I would hope would be a February return to new content. I am still hoping Latecomer pulls off a miraculous hat trick that puts this whole nightmare behind us, and that we swiftly move into a proper update right after within a two month, at worst, span. I'd like for this all to be over, but for it also to be complete, because then it doesn't feel like we flushed down a year of our lives waiting on jack shit.
With new content I'm assuming Day 22/23? Not just the merge completed, but the merge completed & day 22(/23)?

Last edited:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
To be fair, if you wanna give me $3.329 - 8% per month (left with about $3050 before tax from the top of my head) for doing fuck all for over a year (closing in on 15 months, if u don't count halloween special, 18 months), please do. I could use the money to support developers who actually care about their game & update the game in a timely manner.
Offer open to anyone btw, not just Skummy. I'll take $3050 a month for nothing from anyone, just saying.

With new content I'm assuming Day 22/23? Not just the merge completed, but the merge completed & day 22(/23)?
Yup, when I say new content I mean legit everything else is behind us, back to normalcy.

Jack Dangers

Aug 3, 2017

Depressing observation: It's been long enough now that I had to use the list to remember which characters I liked best. :(

That said...

Fuck: Himiko; Marry: Fuyu; Kill: Tomoe (and her entire family -- I hate that whole sub-plot).
Spank: Aki; Given to Nurse: Alice (and I want video); Kidnap: None. These girls gotta work to get back in my good graces. :LOL:

JD

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes