a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Bear in mind while reading this, he wrote it originally in german, then had it translated, then I did a buncha proofreading to sound more like normal english lol But here it be, I just didn't wanna post before it was on patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's all from me, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I'm tired as fuck, as I have been celebrating, and I am SO happy this god damn season is over and I'm spending time with family. With all best regards, I will be back on after Christmas be over, and I got me a cool ass deluxe record player for Christmas :)

Stay Merry, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
I hope it comes because I really loved the story but will keep my hopes down to a min on this.

Reactions: Minx077 and Reij

tohot2pimp

Nov 9, 2017
Bear in mind while reading this, he wrote it originally in german, then had it translated, then I did a buncha proofreading to sound more like normal english lol But here it be, I just didn't wanna post before it was on patreon:

That's all from me, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I'm tired as fuck, as I have been celebrating, and I am SO happy this god damn season is over and I'm spending time with family. With all best regards, I will be back on after Christmas be over, and I got me a cool ass deluxe record player for Christmas :)

Stay Merry, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
Thanks for posting the update

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks for sharing Skummy.

That says they're not making Christmas, but do they mean they're not making the new years deadline? Does this mean they're going with this mysterious Plan B?

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Whole lot of words to also avoid saying when it's actually coming. The gitlab updates don't mean much when you can have a lot of small changes that don't actually contribute much overall in getting it completed, seems like a copout mention 'the last few days' what about all the time prior to that?

Mentioning there won't be another merge for an super long time if at all is good, like to see that for sure but that's not the current issue. I'm still extremely doubtful on their logic behind core renpy code needing editing, and even more so on how this may lead to never needing merges again? - If you don't need it, why don't you know that? Why wouldn't you also mention never needing merges prior to this? Bluecat sounds like he doesn't really know what his talking about here.

But that's all very into the future distance looking, how do we still not know when the merge is going to be completed? What about the other plan when it's not done by the end of the year? I guess in the end, he has until new year's to update us again otherwise I'll take Bluecat by their actions - someone who says things and doesn't intend on living up to them.

txhp23

Jan 20, 2021
Good, I'm glad they're moving forward with Month 1, despite it not being completed yet. Though, I would MUCH rather have longer time between updates and have full weeks released at once. Downloading 1-2 days at time is such a pain.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
First want to say, appreciate the update skummy.

Whole lot of words to also avoid saying when it's actually coming. The gitlab updates don't mean much when you can have a lot of small changes that don't actually contribute much overall in getting it completed, seems like a copout mention 'the last few days' what about all the time prior to that?

Mentioning there won't be another merge for an super long time if at all is good, like to see that for sure but that's not the current issue. I'm still extremely doubtful on their logic behind core renpy code needing editing, and even more so on how this may lead to never needing merges again? - If you don't need it, why don't you know that? Why wouldn't you also mention never needing merges prior to this? Bluecat sounds like he doesn't really know what his talking about here.

But that's all very into the future distance looking, how do we still not know when the merge is going to be completed? What about the other plan when it's not done by the end of the year? I guess in the end, he has until new year's to update us again otherwise I'll take Bluecat by their actions - someone who says things and doesn't intend on living up to them.
I'm actually quite sure that BC doesn't know what he's talking about here. IIRC BC isn't a coder (or at least not a good one) so he's probably just a messenger at this point like skummy is and is just repeating what latecomer tells him. The whole "editing the core ren'py code" is likely complete bullshit first because there's not a chance in hell that the coders on this project could actually handle that without fucking everything up and second because the functionality they want is already built into ren'py as evidenced by several other projects already having the functionality.

The nice part is that the wording of the post makes it seem like they won't have to rely on that plan b given that it wasn't mentioned in the post and they're making it sound like most of the hard work is finally finished. Would love to actually be able to see those gitlab notifications though to see what they are actually doing.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
There won't be a big merge for an extraordinarily long time after Month 1 is complete, so we will no longer run the risk of a delay. No, seriously, the next big merge will probably not come, if it comes at all, until Month 6. Maybe we will just scrap that idea, and the next merge of all Ecchi Sensei game files will not take place until Day 365 is completed.
Thanks to some new achievements in editing the Ren'Py core code, we may have the option to never worry about merges again. I believe that is a great relief for both the dev team and all of you, our lovely patrons.

In any case, this is what is going to happen after Month 1: We'll be rolling out one update after the other, and of course there will be Specials again. Some, if not all of them, will also be integrated into the main game somehow. (For example: dream sequences, pastime stories, etc.)
Thanks, Skummy, for posting it.

So, this status update is all extremely vague and talks about merge number 2 sometime in the distant future, which nobody asked about or cares about, which is odd since everybody wants to hear about the status of the first merge, but let me see if I get this right.

To summarize, even though the deadline will be missed, Bluecat is still having Latecomer work on the merge, and it will be complete at some indefinite time in the future, with no month targets or deadline at all for either the merge itself or actual new content. Basically, a repeat of exactly what we heard December 2020, one year ago.

Am I getting all that right?

Last edited:

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
Is this 'merge' similar to the tech update in Summertime Saga, that will help streamline changes and additions to the game, asset sharing and so on? (Plus combining the first three weeks.) I'm inferring that such a thing would allow up to six months of content before hitting some kind of hard limit in the game engine.

There are hundreds of pages in this thread I haven't read yet, but that's the most I can gather so far. I assume there's more paywalled info on patreon aside from a couple of free posts I've seen links to.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016

So, this status update is all extremely vague and talks about merge number 2 sometime in the distant future, which nobody asked about or cares about, which is odd since everybody wants to hear about the status of the first merge, but let me see if I get this right.

To summarize, even though the deadline will be missed, Bluecat is still having Latecomer work on the merge, and it will be complete at some indefinite time in the future, with no month targets or deadline at all for either the merge itself or actual new content. Basically, a repeat of exactly what we heard December 2020, one year ago.

No, last year he said they would release the alpha before the end of the month.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
This entire situation was easily avoided too, there is really no reason to merge the game.
Trying to combine the whole game in 1 download has proven to be a great failure.
I don't understand why it's not clear by now that the merge isn't really the issue, but the rework/redesign.

I have little enough faith in BC&Co anymore, but I'm certain that if all they had set out to do was merge this situation wouldn't have arisen... until a little later anyway, because the rework is absolutely necessary IMO (based on inspection of the code and the save files).

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019

I am not sure if they will miss the by New Years deadline, its just that he didn't hit christmas like he hoped he could. Sorry that I don't have more but it's the holidays, and fuck if I'm on my A game right now. Figured I'd come check up on things sooner than I said I would, but yeah I will probably do some clarifications later on if everyone is chill with that? Probs sometime within next week I'll try to get a clearer update of shit.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I am not sure if they will miss the by New Years deadline, its just that he didn't hit christmas like he hoped he could. Sorry that I don't have more but it's the holidays, and fuck if I'm on my A game right now. Figured I'd come check up on things sooner than I said I would, but yeah I will probably do some clarifications later on if everyone is chill with that? Probs sometime within next week I'll try to get a clearer update of shit.
Much appreciated.

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021
I do appreciate the update
But going by the gitlab notification stuff on the Discord I think we will have to wait for a while yet on any release.

The last gitlab update was on the 19th. Which included two progress summaries on "Rework decision variables" and "Implement progress variables" both of which are currently on Day 3 out of 21. A previous mention of "Rework decision variables" was on the 8th of November. When it was on Day 2 out 21. I really hope the game gets back on it's feet because I used to support the game as well. But looking at the progress I feel like I will be back here at the same time next year wondering if month 1 will be out that year or not.

Still thanks for getting us the updates Skummy

EDIT: I will mention that without access to the git repository all I mentioned is guesswork and that the progress could be a lot further along than it looks like

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
We have a thread here if you have any questions, feedback or requests!
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes