Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Game will be updated sometime in April, my guess is mid April. I don't have anything clearer than that but if he doesn't deliver on that, I'd say that was his last chance even with me, and this game will be marked abandoned and officially dead pretty much. Granted, I'm a bit more optimistic, so yeah believe me or don't I really don't care at this point.

and yeah I've been busy with my actual life for the better part of a week, meh.

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
someone eventually petitioned the moderators and they agreed with something like what you suggested, only after 18 months instead of 12. Which puts the deadline at next month, but if they're strict about it it won't be until the end of the month
Oh that's good news! Finally someone listened to our prayers and took action. Obviously i'm not referring only to Ecchi Sensei: many other games are in the same situation and they probably will get the abandoned tag now.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You say that, but this is by far the most active Thread I watch, which is very sad considering the state of the game.
I know, right? I am the same. I really don't know why. Probably something wrong with me, haha. This game is fun to play and all, but there are many, many, much better games out there, where the dev is actually working on the game: Artemis, Chasing Sunsets, Eternum, Leap of Faith, My New Memories, One Day at a Time, Pale Carnations, Ripples, Single Again, College Bound, and of course Where the Heart Is. I could go on and on. Harem Hotel, for a similar themed Honey Select type game, is light years ahead of Ecchi Sensei in story, dialog, and gameplay, and doesn't have many dozens of mostly forgettable characters that all talk and act alike.

I think I started out paying attention to this thread because it was so appalling how Bluecat was just gaslighting everyone, completely halting work on the game, being almost completely silent to all his fans, while still collecting monthly donations. Since ES has no renders, posing is very quick, so he didn't have the standard excuse most devs have, which is the legitimate requirement for hundreds of hours of rendering time and the need for a decent PC. That was a year ago. It just gets worse and worse each month.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
much better games out there, where the dev is actually working on the game: Artemis, Chasing Sunsets, Eternum, Leap of Faith, My New Memories, One Day at a Time, Pale Carnations, Ripples, Single Again, College Bound, and of course Where the Heart Is.
It's always funny to see people posting lists of "good" games and me having half of them on ignore.

Raxac

Jul 26, 2017
Ok so the art/renders part was done like 1year ago so nothing do to there, the talk about looking for a translator come up like in the middle of january?(if i remember correctly but let's say it was the start of february) but he couldn't find anyone by the end of the month(too much shit to translate sadly no one wants to ;/ that's what happened no doubts here) when the patreon post come with another plan and mtl being a next option, then like 2weeks? later comes screenshot from Blue discord proving that he still don't know what to do and finally comes the confirmation of abandonment tag in next month and Scummy confirming the next update to be in april as well, pure coincidence xd

Yeah, game dead to me anyway, but i'm kinda curious with what he will come up in this one month time limit, being 99% sure that nothing up until now was done regarding the new update.

There is still an option 2 being that he will merge all the past update in one with nothing being done to them, which would be so hilarious if that what would happen.

Last edited:

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Ok so the art/renders part was done like 1year ago so nothing do to there, the talk about looking for a translator come up like in the middle of january?(if i remember correctly but let's say it was the start of february) but he couldn't find anyone by the end of the month(too much shit to translate sadly no one wants to ;/ that's what happened no doubts here) when the patreon post come with another plan and mtl being a next option, then like 2weeks? later comes screenshot from Blue discord proving that he still don't know what to do and finally comes the confirmation of abandonment tag in next month and Scummy confirming the next update to be in april as well, pure coincidence xd

Yeah, game dead to me anyway, but i'm kinda curious with what he will come up in this one month time limit, being 99% sure that nothing up until now was done regarding the new update.

There is still an option 2 being that he will merge all the past update in one with nothing being done to them, which would be so hilarious if that what would happen.
I find it funny that developers like bluecat complain about this site, and yet try and manipulate its rules so they can gain more money and exposure from it. Bluecats been evading being tagged for over a year. I'm sure it is a 'coincidence' that something will be released now that it'll be tagged in a month. Even though nothing will be released anyway

I'm probably not going to comment on this thread again because bluecat doesn't deserve the recognition. Any interaction makes this game look alive when it isn't. And he's making money from that

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Game will be updated sometime in April, my guess is mid April. I don't have anything clearer than that but if he doesn't deliver on that, I'd say that was his last chance even with me, and this game will be marked abandoned and officially dead pretty much. Granted, I'm a bit more optimistic, so yeah believe me or don't I really don't care at this point.

and yeah I've been busy with my actual life for the better part of a week, meh.
What does updated mean in this situation? New Day or did Latecomer figure out the issue with the Merge?

Or Ghostwire if you're willing to work your PC to death.
What are the issues with it? Poorly optimised, or is it just that high end?

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
ScummySimp probably snitched to BlueScam that if he doesn't release anything by april he's going to get the abandonned tag regardless of what he says in his bullshit patreon posts, since then he's probably been working on a 5 minutes long update to reset the clock just like icstor did last year.

huge43

Jul 2, 2017
I know, right? I am the same. I really don't know why. Probably something wrong with me, haha. This game is fun to play and all, but there are many, many, much better games out there, where the dev is actually working on the game: Artemis, Chasing Sunsets, Eternum, Leap of Faith, My New Memories, One Day at a Time, Pale Carnations, Ripples, Single Again, College Bound, and of course Where the Heart Is. I could go on and on. Harem Hotel, for a similar themed Honey Select type game, is light years ahead of Ecchi Sensei in story, dialog, and gameplay, and doesn't have many dozens of mostly forgettable characters that all talk and act alike.

I think I started out paying attention to this thread because it was so appalling how Bluecat was just gaslighting everyone, completely halting work on the game, being almost completely silent to all his fans, while still collecting monthly donations. Since ES has no renders, posing is very quick, so he didn't have the standard excuse most devs have, which is the legitimate requirement for hundreds of hours of rendering time and the need for a decent PC. That was a year ago. It just gets worse and worse each month.
To be fair, this thread has at least brought your post to my attention, and the games you recommend, several of which I hadn't tried! So thank you for that, result !

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm back! Please stop the applause. Had to help my dad after he had whipple surgery. I know, I thought it he was fucking with me when he said whipple, but its real. If anyone doesn't know what it is (like me) its not a fun procedure. On top of that he had a large grapefruit size cancerous tumor removed, now its only chemo and radiation to get whats left. Outlook is extremely positive.

So now I'm here to see that its still not updated and Skummy is saying April, but, he is also extremely optimistic. Now I'm gonna download and play some VN's that got an update.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
What does updated mean in this situation? New Day or did Latecomer figure out the issue with the Merge?

What are the issues with it? Poorly optimised, or is it just that high end?
New days, Late I haven't seen do anything, but that's its own thing frankly and I do not have the energy, I'm already stressed about RL.

If anyone takes issue to it taking another couple weeks for the thing to arrive after taking forever already, well sure that's fair and you have every right to feel that way. If he bungles this I'mma be nettled, not just because my reputation sucks right about now, but also cause I want new content dammit!

I'm a very needy perv, I don't wanna play all the stuff in my backlog, I want new stuff instead and then to bitch about when I've played it all and still have my backlog. Such is life.

Hope everyone's in good health and positive moods, I'm kinda in an anxiety spiral right now and desperately waiting on anyone to contact me about stuffs :3 I'm also strangely mellow at the same time, so there's that.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It's always funny to see people posting lists of "good" games and me having half of them on ignore.
U made me curious, so i checked. I have only 4 of them on the ignore :LOL:
Haha. That bad huh? Well, everyone has their own taste. These are most of my favorites that are not on the 1 year update cycle.

I never use the ignore function, I just filter for Renpy, Male Protagonist, and ignore 97% of games tagged as sandbox (though a tiny handful are actually decent).

To be fair, this thread has at least brought your post to my attention, and the games you recommend, several of which I hadn't tried! So thank you for that, result !
Glad it helped someone while we wait futility for an update here. Here are a Bunch more of my recommendations if anyone is interested.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes