DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
I guess they already invested a ton of money into this, so they are tricking themselves by keeping their support and hoping the dev will finally reward them soon by the update, but it never happens and the cycle continues.
No man you cant justify this type of behavior but only as plain stupidity.Giving someone money for 2 years in exchange for what :hope? These type of people deserve to be taken advantage off.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
No man you cant justify this type of behavior but only as plain stupidity.Giving someone money for 2 years in exchange for what :hope? These type of people deserve to be taken advantage off.
I mean yeah, look at how many scams happen overall. You just cannot comprehend their mindset. Some people really should not be able to hold money (I mean, this way they wont for long lul). At this point, bluecat is the same as nigerian prince in my mind.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Most Recent patreon Post - ( February )

Hello folks,

It's been a while since the last status update and I wish I finally had something positive to announce. However, I would like to get back to you and inform you about the current situation.

As you know, I started looking for translators intensively last year in order to realise plan B, which looked like this:

Latecomer continues to work on month 1 while I hire a translator for the next updates of Ecchi Sensei that I have already finished and they release asap.

I had talks with 6(!) different translators who were all fully motivated in the beginning and each wanted to join the project for different reasons.

Unfortunately I got a refusal from all of them for various reasons but the main reason was that there was just too much to translate and due to lack of time no one was willing to do the job.

For this reason, I looked for other options and found an inconvenient but nevertheless workable stopgap solution called "Plan C" which consists of simply translating from German to English via machine translation.

As I said, it is a stopgap and we are in an emergency situation, without wanting to sugarcoat it.

I don't know when Latecomer will finally finish his work, but if nothing changes, I will set a deadline for the next Ecchi Sensei update, translated by said machine translation.

I have tested a few translation programs and would like to show you a few examples of what you can expect if the deadline comes:

Example 1:

Original text: Michiko from Update: Day 10+11:

"Es ist nicht immer einfach mit ihr. Ich habe das Gefühl, dass wir uns immer weiter voneinander entfernt haben."

English translation from Latecomer:

"It's not always easy with her. I got the feeling that we're putting up more and more distance between us."

Translation software:

"It's not always easy with her. I have the feeling that we have grown further and further apart."

Example 2:

Original text: Satomi from Update Day15-17:

"Neko und Shina, ihr leitet die zweite Gruppe. Ihr dreht eure Runden hier und ich will dann eure verschwitzten T-Shirts sehen!"

"Neko and Shina, you go on to lead the second group. You're running your laps here and I want to see your sweaty shirts afterwards!"

Translation software:

"Neko and Shina, you lead the second group. You do your rounds here and then I want to see your sweaty T-shirts!"

Example 3:

Original text: MC'S thoughts from Update: Day 20+21:

"Aber sie scheint wohl eher ein sozial distanziertes unhöfliches, aber schnell zur Sache kommendes was auch immer zu sein..."

"But it turns out she seems to be a socially distant, rude, but straightforward...

whatever..."

Translation software:

"But she seems to be more of a socially distant rude but quick to the point whatever..."

Example 4:

Original text: Narrator-kun from
Update: Day 18+19:

"Ein neuer Tag brach an und [mcm] schwang sich voller Elan und Tatendrang aus dem Bett, um sich anzuziehen und sich so für den neuen Schultag vorzubereiten."

"A new day began and [mcm] jumped out of bed full of energy and motivation to get dressed and get ready for the new school day."

Translation software:

"A new day dawned and [mcm] swung out of bed full of vigour and drive to get dressed and thus prepare for the new school day."

Example 5:

Original text: MC'S thoughts from Update: Day 8+9:

Vielleicht kommt sie ja mal zu Besuch. Das letzte Mal als wir uns gesehen haben ist nun auch schon gut zwei Monate her.

"Maybe she will come to visit sometime. Last time we met was two months ago."

Translation software:

"Maybe she'll come to visit. The last time we saw each other was a good two months ago."

As you can see, the translation software works differently than my co-worker. How much worse it is now, I cannot judge. I leave this to you to decide. Please let me know your opinions here in the comments, or in Discord in the #feedback channel.

I will continue to do everything I can to ensure that your patience is not in vain, and I hope that you can live with the idea of a translation software that was born out of necessity, should it really come to pass.

So long

Blue

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Most Recent patreon Post - ( February )

Hello folks,

It's been a while since the last status update and I wish I finally had something positive to announce. However, I would like to get back to you and inform you about the current situation.

As you know, I started looking for translators intensively last year in order to realise plan B, which looked like this:

Latecomer continues to work on month 1 while I hire a translator for the next updates of Ecchi Sensei that I have already finished and they release asap.

I had talks with 6(!) different translators who were all fully motivated in the beginning and each wanted to join the project for different reasons.

Unfortunately I got a refusal from all of them for various reasons but the main reason was that there was just too much to translate and due to lack of time no one was willing to do the job.

For this reason, I looked for other options and found an inconvenient but nevertheless workable stopgap solution called "Plan C" which consists of simply translating from German to English via machine translation.

As I said, it is a stopgap and we are in an emergency situation, without wanting to sugarcoat it.

I don't know when Latecomer will finally finish his work, but if nothing changes, I will set a deadline for the next Ecchi Sensei update, translated by said machine translation.

I have tested a few translation programs and would like to show you a few examples of what you can expect if the deadline comes:

Example 1:

Original text: Michiko from Update: Day 10+11:

"Es ist nicht immer einfach mit ihr. Ich habe das Gefühl, dass wir uns immer weiter voneinander entfernt haben."

"It's not always easy with her. I got the feeling that we're putting up more and more distance between us."

Translation software:

"It's not always easy with her. I have the feeling that we have grown further and further apart."

Example 2:

Original text: Satomi from Update Day15-17:

"Neko und Shina, ihr leitet die zweite Gruppe. Ihr dreht eure Runden hier und ich will dann eure verschwitzten T-Shirts sehen!"

"Neko and Shina, you go on to lead the second group. You're running your laps here and I want to see your sweaty shirts afterwards!"

Translation software:

"Neko and Shina, you lead the second group. You do your rounds here and then I want to see your sweaty T-shirts!"

Example 3:

Original text: MC'S thoughts from Update: Day 20+21:

"Aber sie scheint wohl eher ein sozial distanziertes unhöfliches, aber schnell zur Sache kommendes was auch immer zu sein..."

"But it turns out she seems to be a socially distant, rude, but straightforward...

whatever..."

Translation software:

"But she seems to be more of a socially distant rude but quick to the point whatever..."

Example 4:

Original text: Narrator-kun from
Update: Day 18+19:

"Ein neuer Tag brach an und [mcm] schwang sich voller Elan und Tatendrang aus dem Bett, um sich anzuziehen und sich so für den neuen Schultag vorzubereiten."

"A new day began and [mcm] jumped out of bed full of energy and motivation to get dressed and get ready for the new school day."

Translation software:

"A new day dawned and [mcm] swung out of bed full of vigour and drive to get dressed and thus prepare for the new school day."

Example 5:

Original text: MC'S thoughts from Update: Day 8+9:

Vielleicht kommt sie ja mal zu Besuch. Das letzte Mal als wir uns gesehen haben ist nun auch schon gut zwei Monate her.

"Maybe she will come to visit sometime. Last time we met was two months ago."

Translation software:

"Maybe she'll come to visit. The last time we saw each other was a good two months ago."

As you can see, the translation software works differently than my co-worker. How much worse it is now, I cannot judge. I leave this to you to decide. Please let me know your opinions here in the comments, or in Discord in the #feedback channel.

I will continue to do everything I can to ensure that your patience is not in vain, and I hope that you can live with the idea of a translation software that was born out of necessity, should it really come to pass.

So long

Blue
You're a little late to the party. We've gone through all of this as it came out. There has always been the words. Words, words, words.
Unfortunately, like a nun's bed, NO ACTION. You can white knight all you want but until there's actually something concrete to show after all this time, words are as empty as Matsu's balls after a day with his family.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
When the community that once loved the game is celebrating it being abandoned, you know that the dev seriously fucked up.
Yep. I am not sure what is worse, Bluecat pretending (badly) he has worked on the game sometime in the last 2 years, or Chainzero deleting his game, Connected, in a fit of rage, disappearing from F95 and Patreon completely while still collecting monthly donations, and then coming back a year later to admit what he did and say, "my bad".

I think it is a toss up.

Thanks to the mods who acknowledged the inevitable. If any game deserved the abandoned tag, it is this one.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes