Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Yep. I am not sure what is worse, Bluecat pretending (badly) he has worked on the game sometime in the last 2 years, or Chainzero deleting his game, Connected, in a fit of rage, disappearing from F95 and Patreon completely while still collecting monthly donations, and then coming back a year later to admit what he did and say, "my bad".

I think it is a toss up.

Thanks to the mods who acknowledged the inevitable. If any game deserved the abandoned tag, it is this one.
In before the realization it turn out to be an April Fools joke and the proverbial crap hits the fan once again. ;)

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Abandoned tag won't stick around for too long, also I leave for a bit and this shit happens, of course it does...

Anyways, game update still coming out sometime in April, don't care if you believe me or not that's just how it is.

Bluecat kind of got on me about this earlier, but I was working a full day so no time for this nonsense, overall here to just kinda let people know the matter will be resolved soon.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Abandoned tag won't stick around for too long, also I leave for a bit and this shit happens, of course it does...

Anyways, game update still coming out sometime in April, don't care if you believe me or not that's just how it is.

Bluecat kind of got on me about this earlier, but I was working a full day so no time for this nonsense, overall here to just kinda let people know the matter will be resolved soon.
Skummy, not to be a dick but you also said in 2021..A LOT...that an update will be out before 2022. I could quote every single post where you said it but I won't. Until someone shows actual PROOF that it'll be April I'll just choose to not believe a word from you or Blue. Sounds passive aggressive but mostly just tired of empty words for 2 years.

Like wolfen5 says: Words, words, words are empty.

Now onto the tag. Do you think Blue will pull a Icstor and release a 5 minute update to get the tag removed to reset the clock?

Last edited:

「HOLLOW」

Dec 15, 2017
Now onto the tag. Do you think Blue will pull a Icstor and release a 5 minute update to get the tag removed to reset the clock?
No, he will release 5-10 gig dogshit merge update without any "features" he spoonfed to patreons and call it a day. Basically the same thing that happened during first merge, just bigger.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteHanson

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Removed the Abandoned tag for now - we accidentally pulled the trigger early . . . whoops!

To be clear: BlueCat has been offering regular status updates and showing signs of working on their next update all along, so that's not the issue.

We also have a rule where games that go with >1.5 years between releases can also trigger the Abandoned status tag. But we miscounted in this case by one month, sorry for the confusion.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I mean, feel free to be a dick to me, like I said I've lost interest in giving a shit and you can find my words empty or you can choose to trust them. The update will be the normal update as if nothing's going on, standard sized for normal schedules etc. Merge ain't done and I dunno whenever the fuck it will be.

As for everything else, this was a good April fools day, and good to know I didn't muck something up. I'mma prolly go back to not being here until I know when the update is meant to be released more clearly. Enjoy yourselves.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
I mean, feel free to be a dick to me, like I said I've lost interest in giving a shit and you can find my words empty or you can choose to trust them. The update will be the normal update as if nothing's going on, standard sized for normal schedules etc. Merge ain't done and I dunno whenever the fuck it will be.

As for everything else, this was a good April fools day, and good to know I didn't muck something up. I'mma prolly go back to not being here until I know when the update is meant to be released more clearly. Enjoy yourselves.
Hey Skummy, can you answer this or is it on your list of classified stuff? What exactly is causing the merge to stall for 2 years? Is it the features (Which if I remember correctly, most or all were removed, maybe, can't remember) or is it Latecomer not knowing how to fix or merge? I mean, its been 2 years but no one has said WHAT is causing the long time, just that its taking a long time.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021

Skummy, you have a track record of being a serial liar along with bluecat. It isn't being a dick to you to not believe you

The merge will never be done. And as for the next update - surprise surprise that when it will be tagged, bluecat is suddenly working hard to do a months worth of work that he's had two years to do. You don't need to carry on being his puppet because you stand to lose a lot of money if you're wrong. He's not releasing anything

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
At this point I've lost all hope of this game ever getting an update. I don't know what went so horribly wrong with the merge but you can't blame people for not believing in anything that the dev says. The last update was a holiday special and it was almost 2 years ago.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Skummy, you have a track record of being a serial liar along with bluecat. It isn't being a dick to you to not believe you

The merge will never be done. And as for the next update - surprise surprise that when it will be tagged, bluecat is suddenly working hard to do a months worth of work that he's had two years to do. You don't need to carry on being his puppet because you stand to lose a lot of money if you're wrong. He's not releasing anything
Bluecat putting 2 years worth of content into a months worth of work? If he manages to pull it off, IF, then he will have proven that every excuse for the past 2 years has been a huge pile of bullshit.

Once again I'll say it. Even though Bluecat thinks this is a toxic forum full of entitled, piece of shit pirates, he'll still manipulate the rules to keep this being marked abandoned just to keep sucking people into this to keep his income in the thousands.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
At this point I've lost all hope of this game ever getting an update. I don't know what went so horribly wrong with the merge but you can't blame people for not believing in anything that the dev says. The last update was a holiday special and it was almost 2 years ago.
What went wrong? Devs got greedy. Nuff said.

Like I've seen in countless other situations with devs on Patreon. Money reaches invisible line that only dev sees, sees that the money is good, goes from 3-4 updates per year to 1 per year or nothing but Patreon posts for years before being abandoned, but not before collecting years of payments.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
I mean, feel free to be a dick to me, like I said I've lost interest in giving a shit and you can find my words empty or you can choose to trust them.
I've debated your premises and claims, yes, but I've never given you shit nor been a dick. The counter arguments I've used were perfectly formulated and valid. You simply failed to persuade me with true premises, thus rendering your conclusions false (to date).
If and when the game resumes, I'll be more than happy to cease and desist such devil's advocate back and forths and see what's new to this game. I still enjoyed it immensely way back when, and hopefully it will retain the quality and interest I once had.
However, your constant passive/aggressive remarks on how you don't care how people disbelieve, distrust, or not believe you etc is unbecoming and displays petulance.
If one truly did not care how others thought or behaved towards them, they wouldn't constantly point it out. Just saying.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Removed the Abandoned tag for now - we accidentally pulled the trigger early . . . whoops!

To be clear: BlueCat has been offering regular status updates and showing signs of working on their next update all along, so that's not the issue.

We also have a rule where games that go with >1.5 years between releases can also trigger the Abandoned status tag. But we miscounted in this case by one month, sorry for the confusion.
Since an actual mod came in here to post for once, I'll tag you so that maybe you should alter how you define "signs of working". Is text all you require because that's all BlueCat has offered for over a year, I think you guys should be more stringent after a certain period of time (e.g 1 year) then the final lead up to official abandon status (e.g 6 months past 1 year) the devs need to show more than just word, show us pictures, videos, demonstration of changes etc of unreleased content otherwise they should be able to be marked for abandoned earlier than 1.5 years.

----------------

On the actual April update coming out supposedly, if it does come it'll be interesting to see if it's the merge or a separate update and in the latter's case how much content is packed into it. If it's noticeably shorter than previous updates in the past then I dunno about the rest of you but to me that's proof enough that BlueCat absolutely did nothing for some period of time.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Since an actual mod came in here to post for once, I'll tag you so that maybe you should alter how you define "signs of working". Is text all you require because that's all BlueCat has offered for over a year, I think you guys should be more stringent after a certain period of time (e.g 1 year) then the final lead up to official abandon status (e.g 6 months past 1 year) the devs need to show more than just word, show us pictures, videos, demonstration of changes etc of unreleased content otherwise they should be able to be marked for abandoned earlier than 1.5 years.

----------------

On the actual April update coming out supposedly, if it does come it'll be interesting to see if it's the merge or a separate update and in the latter's case how much content is packed into it. If it's noticeably shorter than previous updates in the past then I dunno about the rest of you but to me that's proof enough that BlueCat absolutely did nothing for some period of time.
I-agree_.gif

ryyyn73

Feb 1, 2019
I'm always a bit puzzled when people talk about 18 months and want to give a quick reminder.
But first off: This post is not about whether ES should be tagged right now or next month. (I don't care all that much and I do understand that you need some criteria which are objectively measurable here).

I'm posting an old update here which is also still on patreon (publicly):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The important part is
"Halloween has already been completed months before it was released, and thus it didn't disrupt our progress on Month 1."
Meaning: the time in which seemingly nothing happened would be a bit longer than 18 months, right?

Also, the part about save compatibility is a little funny now.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
[/SPOILER]
The important part is

Meaning: the time in which seemingly nothing happened would be a bit longer than 18 months, right?

Also, the part about save compatibility is a little funny now.
"So, best case scenario, Month 1 will not cause any errors and you can fully enjoy the game without such disruptions."

This is also a hilarious part, on top of him also praising latecomer's coding ability in that same post.

Clearly they were living in some kind of dreamland.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes