OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Since an actual mod came in here to post for once, I'll tag you so that maybe you should alter how you define "signs of working". Is text all you require because that's all BlueCat has offered for over a year, I think you guys should be more stringent after a certain period of time (e.g 1 year) then the final lead up to official abandon status (e.g 6 months past 1 year) the devs need to show more than just word, show us pictures, videos, demonstration of changes etc of unreleased content otherwise they should be able to be marked for abandoned earlier than 1.5 years.

----------------

On the actual April update coming out supposedly, if it does come it'll be interesting to see if it's the merge or a separate update and in the latter's case how much content is packed into it. If it's noticeably shorter than previous updates in the past then I dunno about the rest of you but to me that's proof enough that BlueCat absolutely did nothing for some period of time.
Amazing. I replied to the mod post, asked for proof of this "showing signs of working". Wasn't nasty, didn't use profanity, didn't call the mod any hurtful names or say he was in on the scam, I genuinely wanted to know what he has seen that proves Bluecat is working. My post was deleted in 2.8 seconds. Reason: Trolling. Ok....Wonder if yours will stay since mine was trolling.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
On the actual April update coming out supposedly, if it does come it'll be interesting to see if it's the merge
According to Skummy yesterday, he said this about the merge: Merge ain't done and I dunno whenever the fuck it will be.

I actually believe Skummy when he says this kind of stuff. Shows that sometimes he is not drinking the kool aid and can see clearly instead of blindly believing.

So yeah, it won't be the merge. More than likely it is Bluecat scrambling to put 2 years of content into a months time to keep this from being tagged.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I've debated your premises and claims, yes, but I've never given you shit nor been a dick. The counter arguments I've used were perfectly formulated and valid. You simply failed to persuade me with true premises, thus rendering your conclusions false (to date).
If and when the game resumes, I'll be more than happy to cease and desist such devil's advocate back and forths and see what's new to this game. I still enjoyed it immensely way back when, and hopefully it will retain the quality and interest I once had.
However, your constant passive/aggressive remarks on how you don't care how people disbelieve, distrust, or not believe you etc is unbecoming and displays petulance.
If one truly did not care how others thought or behaved towards them, they wouldn't constantly point it out. Just saying.
Fair point, I'll admit I'm honestly just tired of certain people calling me a liar for just being a naïve fool who trusts in Bluecat bit too much at times. That shit really gets on my nerves because I know they just don't get it and are too stubborn to listen when they are told why they are wrong. I have never lied, I just also have been wrong a whole bunch and refuse to change my opinions on my friend who I trust, that's not being deceitful, that's just standing up for a friend whether or not I am correct, and being loyal to one person rather than turning my back on them to let people go to town on them, rightfully or not.

That all being said, here's some actual information: Merge ain't done because its not done, and there's at least from what information I have, no good reason for it not being done. Its normal but disappointing, its the way the work functions whether or not you like it. 90% of everything is a failure and only 10% happens to be shit that works out for us.

That being said, trying to figure out what I can do to unfuck the situation, I have slowly gone from just a fan to being a close fan, to being a friend, to being PR to now trying my best to help advise Bluecat on being a dev in this junction. I have become jaded and I do apologize but man it is annoying to deal with people.

Update coming out sometime April, Bluecat has precisely one month before abandoned tag really comes into true play, it will be a normal sized update. Not 2 years crammed inside, that is a crude misconception of what has been happening and you need to re-center your expectations to be as if we are going back to normal and this 2 year pause is just simply being un-paused for the time being. I'll let you know when we get closer to a release date what is going on.

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
Holy moly... two years later.. what a clusterfuck this thread and the game had become... It's really sad to see how a (formaly) good dev fall to the greed because they get money for doing nothing.... Always sad to see this.
In my opionion every game (after one year without an update) should marked as abandoned, simply as that. This will show new members, who want to maybe support someone that those dev are a red flag.

The only language such devs understand is money... As long as people throw their money at them (even if a game hasn't an update like in this case for almost two years) nothing will change...
So I can only advise: Look closely at a dev and their update shedule... Don't become blindly a patreon. Support devs that truly care about their work and deliver updates in a reasonbale time. There are so many good ones with good games on this site. Supporting them has much more worth than on a dev like with this game.

Mar 28, 2018
It's down right amazing how many games suffering from “unfortunate but unavoidable problems and delays” for years all of a sudden manage to get something together the very moment moment being tagged abandoned becomes a real threat.

As someone who used to be a supporter myself I'll say that as far as I'm concerned releasing an update now will only confirm that he could have done so at any point and is only doing so now to avoid the abandoned tag. So no, I won't be supporting bluecat again even if he releases an update right now as I make this post. The only thing of value that can come from all this is even more proof that if it was easier to get marked as abandoned here then we'd see far fewer devs having so many “unfortunate but unavoidable problems and delays”.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
It's down right amazing how many games suffering from “unfortunate but unavoidable problems and delays” for years all of a sudden manage to get something together the very moment moment being tagged abandoned becomes a real threat.

As someone who used to be a supporter myself I'll say that as far as I'm concerned releasing an update now will only confirm that he could have done so at any point and is only doing so now to avoid the abandoned tag. So no, I won't be supporting bluecat again even if he releases an update right now as I make this post. The only thing of value that can come from all this is even more proof that if it was easier to get marked as abandoned here then we'd see far fewer devs having so many “unfortunate but unavoidable problems and delays”.
I follow a few games where the dev has had issues. When what was expected to be a short problem became a longer one, they paused donations. I understand many of the games are being made by people who work a regular job too and so the games need to be put on the back burner when other issues become more pressing. The right thing to do is pause donations. That did not happen here, which is why this thread has hundreds of pages of the same argument, is it a grift or bad management? No matter what, I think many people who were supporters will have the same reaction as you, leading more people to decide it is a scam.

I would suggest anybody looking to support games make sure the creators are open and up front about any development issues when they occur. If you start to see them trying to spin instead of fix, get the hell out.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
it will be a normal sized update
Ok, this I need some more clarification on Skummy. Years ago when Bluecat was releasing regularly a normal update was for example days 15-17, 18-19, 20-21 and such. So, if we look back at January 2021, Bluecat, from his own mouth says:

"I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues".

So for clarification, is this a normal 22-23 day update? Or is it gonna be a bigger normal sized update day 22-26?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Ok, this I need some more clarification on Skummy. Years ago when Bluecat was releasing regularly a normal update was for example days 15-17, 18-19, 20-21 and such. So, if we look back at January 2021, Bluecat, from his own mouth says:

"I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues".

So for clarification, is this a normal 22-23 day update? Or is it gonna be a bigger normal sized update day 22-26?
With that being over 15 months ago he should have released that sometime last year and everyone would not be down in the dumps about this great game that got abandoned.

If an update does come out then great but I do not have any hope for it though.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Sadly, from what I read and extrapolate, this update does seem rushed in order to deflect the abandoned tag. No further information except that, it's due out in April. No timeline, no confirmation on how the team is doing (everything on track? Functionally cohesive? New members, use of MTL or was LC doing the translation?). No merge (not that I care about this anymore), nothing.
All very vague and suspect given the time wasted so far, the shots fired in this thread for the last year and the impending incoming tag. Guess we'll see what's in this "update" and see which direction this thread will head towards following its release.

Exciting.gif

Reactions: abcde

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
New update gets announced just after the threat of an incondicional abandoned tag is launched. Normally I'd feel bad for the supporters who are either too dumb or too slow to see the writing on the wall but you know, that point was twelve months ago. Now I just find it funny, "is this why democracy always seem to crash and burn? Is the average person just inept to have any power in their own hands?" Anyway, as someone above said: fools and their cash will forever continuously and consistently be separated.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Sadly, from what I read and extrapolate, this update does seem rushed in order to deflect the abandoned tag. No further information except that, it's due out in April. No timeline, no confirmation on how the team is doing (everything on track? Functionally cohesive? New members, use of MTL or was LC doing the translation?). No merge (not that I care about this anymore), nothing.
All very vague and suspect given the time wasted so far, the shots fired in this thread for the last year and the impending incoming tag. Guess we'll see what's in this "update" and see which direction this thread will head towards following its release.

View attachment 1736841
MTL based translations, it's a standard sized update that has had the renders done for at least a year if not more, and script is written fully as while I am not allowed to disperse it, I did read and run it through translation to test shit for Blue. The only thing I would say would be the reason its been held up so long is because Bluecat kept holding out hope things would rectify, now that they're clearly not its putting out what's left of the dumpster that has been on fire for a year and a half now. Nothing on team, this is all Blue doing it himself in the background.

Does that at least clear up some of the more vague aspects? Still no timetable, as I have to wait until he gives me one. So no such luck there.

I'm not saying get excited, I'm just giving whatever I can out so if someone wants to be hopeful, they can hang onto that instead of just kinda wallowing, everyone else already gave up a long time ago and that's alright. Its gonna take a lot of work and a long time to rebuild everything with how this shit went.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
MTL based translations, it's a standard sized update that has had the renders done for at least a year if not more, and script is written fully as while I am not allowed to disperse it, I did read and run it through translation to test shit for Blue. The only thing I would say would be the reason its been held up so long is because Bluecat kept holding out hope things would rectify, now that they're clearly not its putting out what's left of the dumpster that has been on fire for a year and a half now. Nothing on team, this is all Blue doing it himself in the background.

Does that at least clear up some of the more vague aspects? Still no timetable, as I have to wait until he gives me one. So no such luck there.

I'm not saying get excited, I'm just giving whatever I can out so if someone wants to be hopeful, they can hang onto that instead of just kinda wallowing, everyone else already gave up a long time ago and that's alright. Its gonna take a lot of work and a long time to rebuild everything with how this shit went.
Well, I appreciate the clarification on the MTL and effort you put in the post.
My gif, I must admit, is more for the uncertain, upcoming thread chatter after the update and not so much for the update itself. Time and lack of any action has left me somewhat neutral.
Sad right? I do have a slight hope things will get back on track, but be warned that if this is a ploy, the fallout that ensues will be justified. You cannot have both integrity AND loyalty to someone that shady. They are anathema. Let us see.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
If an update does come out then great but I do not have any hope for it though.
Even if it does come out, why "great"? That's "tiniest of baby steps" at this point, not "great". The absolute minimum I would need to see before I began to think about giving BC money again would be a year of multiple on-time, quality updates. And that's what would get me to think about it, not to actually do it.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
The only thing I would say would be the reason its been held up so long is because Bluecat kept holding out hope things would rectify
"Hope? Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane." I'll admit, I have hope that it will start again, scrapping the bottom of the barrel for hope, but if I didn't have hope I wouldn't be on this thread checking for an update.
Does that at least clear up some of the more vague aspects?
Gotta admit its more clear than Bluecat, although his silence isn't exactly enlightening.
I'll be the first to admit that even though I shit on Bluecat (lets be honest here, he has earned the shit) and I shit on you Skummy, I'm still sitting here waiting on an update to this game. I enjoy it. I enjoyed playing it. If it does get another release I'll be right there downloading it.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Well, I appreciate the clarification on the MTL and effort you put in the post.
My gif, I must admit, is more for the uncertain, upcoming thread chatter after the update and not so much for the update itself. Time and lack of any action has left me somewhat neutral.
Sad right? I do have a slight hope things will get back on track, but be warned that if this is a ploy, the fallout that ensues will be justified. You cannot have both integrity AND loyalty to someone that shady. They are anathema. Let us see.
If he fucks this up I'm jumping ship and saving my own ass and reputation, I can still recover this as a dumb idiot who made poor decisions later. I can't recover if I try to defend him failing the simple task of putting his game shit together and tossing it out to the masses. I think I said it before but basically if he doesn't commit to this and get it done, I'll bail and leave him to handle the shitstorm.

Then I'll act like nothing happened somewhere else and hope people forget about me :p Like a little bitch

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
If he fucks this up I'm jumping ship and saving my own ass and reputation, I can still recover this as a dumb idiot who made poor decisions later. I can't recover if I try to defend him failing the simple task of putting his game shit together and tossing it out to the masses. I think I said it before but basically if he doesn't commit to this and get it done, I'll bail and leave him to handle the shitstorm.

Then I'll act like nothing happened somewhere else and hope people forget about me :p Like a little bitch
Skummy, as soon as I read this the scene in Dumb and Dumber popped in my head. I had a image in my head of you pointing at Bluecat, putting blame on him, and pretending to not exist.

dumb-and-dumber.gif

YLuffy94

Feb 19, 2018

Through all the BS that has been happening here, you really tried your best to Stick up for BlueCat and keep the hope alive but I'm with you Skummy If he Fks up and fails to handle everything properly then Id get out of the situation, He has Fooled everyone more than a handful times and aint no saving it if he tries that again.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018

One quick follow up to this. I can understand how he initially wanted to wait for the merge but now that he's decided to just push ahead and has even gone ahead with the MTL, what's the hold up? Script, images, and coding are all done. MTL should be very fast considering it's a computer doing the work (meaning even the entire month 1 script should be able to be translated in under a day using MTL assuming the program was made even halfway decently). Most of the proofreading would be done during the alpha release so there really shouldn't be anything else left to do before releasing. Surely confirming (or even call it speculating if that's better for you) what's left to be done in the final stretch before the release should be something you can tell us.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes