npezone

Dec 31, 2020
And there was me thinking “not weeks” would definitively mean excluding where suuch became pural (two)...

I have to admit that the complete absurdity of all this retardation remains incredibly entertaining.
I don’t think I can keep track any more as to how the cat-calendar ETA has the exact same date to represent all the days in April, the end of the month, the beginning of May, the first few days of May, the first couple of weeks and now also days 3 to 20 (inclusive).

So; what is the date the next deadline gets announced? 20th? 29th?
There are only 31 days in the month (yes; it’s a long one), so 20 days is 2/3rds of a month. I guess it’s still on target while the month counter doesn’t turn pural. We all know weeks are bigger than months.

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
I did not realize that just like his patrons BlueCat was also a gold level mental gymnast. He must be getting high on his followers supply of copium or something, there is no other way to justify this. I mean even looking at his terms it is "weeks" away because 3-20 days includes a time range greater than two weeks. I gave up on this game a while ago and am just here for the shitposting

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
To be fair, plural literally just means more than one.
Bluecat was pretty on the nose here.
So if it takes 10 weeks, that's still weeks.
But he said it's a matter of days not weeks not months.
Which, if you're being a hardass means that anything over 7 days is going over his own deadline.
Even if you were super lenient and relaxed about it(because why wouldn't you be after one and a half years of missed deadlines), anything over two weeks is breaking your word.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
But he said it's a matter of days not weeks not months.
Which, if you're being a hardass means that anything over 7 days is going over his own deadline.
Even if you were super lenient and relaxed about it(because why wouldn't you be after one and a half years of missed deadlines), anything over two weeks is breaking your word.
technically, 33 days is still days.

ryyyn73

Feb 1, 2019
I'm assuming he didn't really mean this as a defense of BC, but still need to say this:

I'm not a native speaker ... but technically, 1 day is 0.14 weeks, right?
Technicalities (while fun) are not really helpful here.
The very fact that this is even debated pretty much means that yet another deadline was missed.

But it's ok! Should an update be released at some point in the future, it will surely be within the (then current) deadline...
At this point his deadlines are only serving a comedic purpose.

BloodyRelight

Aug 3, 2017
When someone says days away that means it is close, not weeks, and certainly not months that is why one can also state something is weeks away or months away from happening. If you use the term days people expect it in that context. Not in weeks and definitely not in months.

He did not say we were talking weeks he said we were talking days. He clarified it would not be weeks or months yes he could mean 33 days but you know what 33 days is? A month, and do you know what a month is? 4 weeks.

Last edited:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Edit: For the record, I was assuming BC pulled the numbers out of thin air to excuse the time it was taking for this release.

It turns out I was wrong. He was actually reiterating something he had said . Probably doesn't mean much to most people, but to each their own...

To be fair, plural literally just means more than one.
Bluecat was pretty on the nose here.
So if it takes 10 weeks, that's still weeks.
Did you miss the full context? First BC said

next update will be released as soon as possible
we're talking about days, not weeks, not months, just days.
You can't say that and reasonably expect people to interpret it as "any conceivable number of days". If I were to put numbers to that, I'd say 13 days or less (ie. less than 2 weeks). Of course, this is BC so I know better than to try to get anything concrete from an ambiguous statement.

And naturally BC went somewhere no-one could have predicted, and said that:
"weeks" means more than two weeks.
So apparently two weeks is not weeks.

so the time range is about 3 days to 20 days.
So apparently two weeks + 6 days (ie 20 days) is not more than two weeks!

And it's not even really his tortured logic that gets me, but rather the arrogance of acting like it should be universally accepted and understood.

You just can't make this shit up. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Did you miss the full context? First BC said

You can't say that and reasonably expect people to interpret it as "any conceivable number of days". If I were to put numbers to that, I'd say 13 days or less (ie. less than 2 weeks). Of course, this is BC so I know better than to try to get anything concrete from an ambiguous statement.

And naturally BC went somewhere no-one could have predicted, and said that:

So apparently two weeks is not weeks.

So apparently two weeks + 6 days (ie 20 days) is not more than two weeks!

And it's not even really his tortured logic that gets me, but rather the arrogance of acting like it should be universally accepted and understood.

You just can't make this shit up. :ROFLMAO:
exactly if he would not come off as so arrogant he would probably be less criticized or in the very least people would not jump at any opportunity to criticize him or laugh at his "logic"
but I guess he can't admit fault... in his mind probably the players are at fault for the delay of the update.
But these are all my assumptions .. they might be totally wrong, might be.
So....take what I said with a truck of salt :D

Reactions: HrostFall
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes