rodian95

Dec 30, 2020
Am interested to give this game a try. But I am confused by the different weeks and versions.
Do i need to download all previous weeks to understand the story, gameplay & characters?
Or does the latest download (week 3 I assume), contains all previous weeks?

Ryvershade

Feb 21, 2020
Am interested to give this game a try. But I am confused by the different weeks and versions.
Do i need to download all previous weeks to understand the story, gameplay & characters?
Or does the latest download (week 3 I assume), contains all previous weeks?
Gotta download the 3 weeks as individuals (weeks 1 and 2 are in the spoiler tag underneath previous weeks, and the specials are also individual downloads) also the darkmind patches for incest/non patreon approved content are also divided into the individual pieces of weeks and specials. A merger of all of the weeks and specials content has been announced for the near future, which should make the process much easier, with (just guessing but a good guess) only one darkmind patch. Should wait for that, and trust me, the content is worth it.

Reactions: rodian95

rodian95

Dec 30, 2020
Thank you. hmm... ok will give the individual weeks a try. But yeah a combined download version would make things easier for later players like myself.

lonelygale

Jul 1, 2020
i totally recognize how difficult a merge like this is, but how hard can it be to give a general ETA if you miss a deadline like this? if they're that worried to set another deadline that they can potentially miss, then surely that means they're even further away from being done than they're letting on, in which case they should just say that too, right? not gonna stop being a patron or anything, but i do wish there was a little more transparency

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
i totally recognize how difficult a merge like this is, but how hard can it be to give a general ETA if you miss a deadline like this? if they're that worried to set another deadline that they can potentially miss, then surely that means they're even further away from being done than they're letting on, in which case they should just say that too, right? not gonna stop being a patron or anything, but i do wish there was a little more transparency
Yeah, I'm not sure why they stopped the weekly status reports. I trust them to get the job done, as I've been through this before, but it's a bad look to go into radio silence after missing the deadline. Especially for people who don't poke there head in here regularly.

Reactions: lonelygale

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Here's why they stopped with weekly status reports:

Because people would be bitching at Blue saying they're almost done, every week, and that's all he can ever really say. The actual shit is nearly there but with such a complex fucking game merge like this (This is THE LARGEST VN OF ALL TIME remember?) the team manager is going over it in detail to ensure shit isn't broken on launch. This team doesn't want to have something be broken on release, and have to keep patching, sit tight, the wait is nearly over. You can trust me because no god damn reason I just know more than any of you about the progress.

Drox9

Dec 3, 2019
I think he mentioned that some of his co-workers were sick and he didn't wanted to force them to work in that condition but yea i agree he should have given some update up till now.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Here's why they stopped with weekly status reports:

Because people would be bitching at Blue saying they're almost done, every week, and that's all he can ever really say. The actual shit is nearly there but with such a complex fucking game merge like this (This is THE LARGEST VN OF ALL TIME remember?) the team manager is going over it in detail to ensure shit isn't broken on launch. This team doesn't want to have something be broken on release, and have to keep patching, sit tight, the wait is nearly over. You can trust me because no god damn reason I just know more than any of you about the progress.
Instead people are bitching about the radio silence. They don't need to say they're almost done, just what they're working on. Even if some of the reports were just few sentences, it was nice knowing some progress was being made. Radio silence is nearly always the worst way to go about things as it lets asshats make false accusations that run the risk of spreading. I feel like I'm spending most of my time in this thread lately correcting people like that.

Obviously noone wants Month 1 to be released broken either. Status Reports aren't going to cause that though.

Edit: Even if they just said they were stopping the weekly status reports so they can double down on fixing whatever issues came up would have been something

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020
Same, I'm waiting for the merge to replay it. Recently I've started Aokana which fortunately has 50+ hours of game time so the past week or two hasn't been as long as the past months. I still think it'll be here by the end of the month though, at least the Alpha version. Then it'll be a late Christmas present :)

Reactions: RandoCard3

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Same, I'm waiting for the merge to replay it. Recently I've started Aokana which fortunately has 50+ hours of game time so the past week or two hasn't been as long as the past months. I still think it'll be here by the end of the month though, at least the Alpha version. Then it'll be a late Christmas present :)
Here's hoping. They seemed certain it was nearly done until the last moment, so I can't imagine it'll be that much longer.

Anyway, what's everyone looking for Week 4 and onwards? Might as well talk about something else while we wait.

maxic009

Jan 18, 2019
Need help with week 1.
At the end of day 2, all images are missing
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And after that it doesn't have any images.
I have installed dark mind patch and WT + gallery.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Need help with week 1.
The best advice I can give, is wait for the Month 1 merge. It should in theory, be a smaller download, and come with a bunch of bug fixes, better implemented mechanics and will be the only way to carry your saves over going forward. It's due out some time soon, though we don't have an exact date due to the dev going silent while they fix something.

If you don't care about that though, it sounds like your patch might be installed wrong, or you have the wrong patch. Which patch did you use?

Reactions: maxic009

St_Dmitry

Apr 3, 2017
Need help with week 1.
My guess is - that you have downloaded wrong version of patch or WT+Gallery mod, but then how the game is still works though.. And in the description of the mod written, that if you installed the mod, but playing from save where it was not installed - it may cause bugs. Everything was found here in * Installation * spoiler.

Reactions: maxic009

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Hopefully, im waiting too. He was too bold in declaring it would be here by end of the year it seems and thus we get a delay and move on but i think issue is no one knows if the delay will be months or what. Its already been weeks so its creating tension but what can he do? Give us an ETA like last time and potentially miss it again like last time. Unlike his traditional updates i doubt anyone over there could really know for sure how long it would take recoding and adding in new features on the fly (and human error issues like the time he admitted he forgot to add one of the season specials into the merge lol). Once its out and the next update hits all will be forgotten and forgiven but of course until them the haters will hate and the patient will get said virtue tested. We can only hope its sooner rather than later but itll be worth it even just to stop the number of new players looking and inevitably asking for the 1000th time about clear issues with current system like having no idea what to download, what patch works with what and even the naming of said patches not being transparent in all the days it covers lol.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes