jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The issue with the T8 characters is they dilute the game too much. I've said this previously, a long time ago, but this game has way too many LI's. You can't keep track of who all these people are, why they exist and most of their scenes are filler or randomly placed in a way that the story doesn't make sense . Personally, I can't remember any of them besides the family members and a few of the other main LI's.

It doesn't matter if X is someone's favorite character if that character hardly ever shows up or their scenes are too short and meaningless. Quite frankly, it's sort of a ripoff to pay for them.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
The issue with the T8 characters is they dilute the game too much. I've said this previously, a long time ago, but this game has way too many LI's. You can't keep track of who all these people are, why they exist and most of their scenes are filler or randomly placed in a way that the story doesn't make sense . Personally, I can't remember any of them besides the family members and a few of the other main LI's.

It doesn't matter if X is someone's favorite character if that character hardly ever shows up or their scenes are too short and meaningless. Quite frankly, it's sort of a ripoff to pay for them.
I agree that 98 girls (including past time) are too much but there are multiple T8 girls that have more scenes than some of the main girls.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul
Feb 25, 2018

A fair argument, and it is certainly a reason for why T8 should never have been a thing and why no more T8 Girls should be added. However what's done has been done, and now the question is will some of them be removed due to supporters dropping. And some of the girls have more content than Main Girls, so their removal will be noticed (from what I know, none of the big ones are at risk for leaving, but some girls who had connections to Main Girls may be).

Bambalaz

Jan 4, 2020
Sadly the dl-link to the dark mind patch seems down, does a valid link for the week2 dm patch exist? would love to play on.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
So if the main T8 supporter goes away, could we convince BC to sell shares of the character for lower tiers? Maybe 4 or 5 shares and supporters would have to indicate which orphaned T8 they want their money pledged. If there are enough continuing pledges the character stays in rotation.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
So if the main T8 supporter goes away, could we convince BC to sell shares of the character for lower tiers? Maybe 4 or 5 shares and supporters would have to indicate which orphaned T8 they want their money pledged. If there are enough continuing pledges the character stays in rotation.
That would be something to bring up in the Discord, if you want any traction.

Are you hoping to salvage someone in particular?

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
oh crap, not another nopy I think it's gone. It's been like that for more than a few days now anyone who wants to share dark mind. Wants to play this again but can't without a dark mind
All 3 weeks are up prepatched on ATF

Zmeu

Jul 15, 2017

Visit the page, right click where it says "View previous versions", then click inspect:

Screenshot 2021-11-21 064815.png

In the code, click the little arrow to the left of the circled code:

Screenshot 2021-11-21 064857.png
Again, click the little arrow thing (as circled) to show a list of the links - then click each little arrow until you find the one you're looking for:

Screenshot 2021-11-21 064943.png
There's the link :)

Screenshot 2021-11-21 065357.png

Just change the game name in the link to whatever you're looking for (don't forget that words are separated via hyphen (-) in the game name)

If that's too much work for ya, then you're SOL, folks.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
T8 is the 100$ tier and they can design a character for the game, the problem is when the Patreon stops supporting or goes to a lover tier the character will no longer be in the game, at least that is what is known because Bluecat hasn't said anything about them.
This is the current T8 list from Patreon.
I got it, thanks for the explanation. It has been awhile, of course, but I remember about half of these characters. Some I like better than others, but I had no idea they were not considered permanent. I am more amazed that Bluecat found enough people to donate $100 a month for years to support so many T8 characters.

To add a character for several updates, and then remove her once the donor reduces their donation is a pretty poor experience for the players. I don't know if this is Bluecat's intention, but that has no other result than to annoy many of his fans.

I completely agree with this. I know Bluecat wants ES to have more characters than any other VN, but eventually they all sort of blend together. I can only remember the names of about 10 or so side characters, without having to look at the guide, and many, many, times a character shows up that seems to know Sensei previously and I keep thinking to myself, "Who is this again? Where did I see her before?"

Your comment about random scenes, is also spot on. There are countless sequences where Sensei has an interaction with some character, say in the school hallway, or walking around the town, that doesn't have anything to do with the story, and is quickly forgettable. I wish he would focus on a few key plot threads, and a handful of side characters that the player can actually keep track of, and just keep developing that. For example, I would like to see more about what he plans to do with the night club. I think there is a lot of potential for interesting plot development there, but it of course has to compete with many other story arcs and random scenes.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
For example, I would like to see more about what he plans to do with the night club. I think there is a lot of potential for interesting plot development there, but it of course has to compete with many other story arcs and random scenes.
I think part of the reason the club and Crazy Nurse's supervillain lair exist is to make it easier to cater to scenes with T8. Both have a few canon characters in there, but I think it will mostly be T8s.

Thinking about it, it would have probably been fine to make all T8s part of the club, and treat it like the club side content from the Yakuza games. Crazy Nurse's lair too. At least then, it's explicitly side content, so it's less of an issue if a character stops turning up in updates.

Zmeu

Jul 15, 2017
Anyone got the darkmind patch and week 2 and 3 walkthru mods as cant access them in lewd patcher for some reason
JFC - Does nobody read anymore? Look THREE posts above yours ffs.
As to the walkthrough - What walkthrough? It's a linear game - any potentially important choices are explained IN-GAME.

Reactions: Tenenbaum

txhp23

Jan 20, 2021
My take on T8 characters is that they're pointless. The ultimate character, Kotori, already exists and I could never dream up anyone better

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Just to remind people it has never been explicitly stated that characters would just be entirely dropped, more that it is ambiguous what at all he will do with them.

They may just be background characters, or generally non inclusive moving onwards unless one adopts a character to ensure they remain relevant. Because with such a bolstered cast there's always another girl who could be used for scenes. There has never been a clear statement on what happens, because there's probably not a plan to deal with it at this moment in time. I don't believe at least, its unclear even to me.

I think that the nurse lair and the club however are perfect ways to shovel them off if they are dropped, sicne its easy to write story around that occuring. But those are just my thoughts ont he matter.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes