Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
Don't know what the "merge" was/is, but why would anyone release current content with last years date? Sure it was a shit year but I haven't been in a coma...
The merge is the 3 weeks into one and has taken over a year due to one of the dev team getting sick and it's still being worked on should come out at the end of the year

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
First I hate sandbox games, second I don't think they can get the sandbox to work right because they can even get the merge done, third what is the point of the sandbox.
It's just going to be the opportunity to get optional scenes with some of the girls that can't fit within the linear structured story thread. Completing those scenes will then lead to altered dialogue when we see them again in the main story, if applicable. All the annoying stuff like grind stats and money, aren't going to be there. So it's just more content with characters that would otherwise be sidelined for a particular weekday. I'm seeing nothing but positives. What's the problem exactly?

Rando, I like you, I do, but fuck no.

The less characters there are, the more screen time my Amy gets, and I already am racking up a lot of screentime as a T8 right now lol. and you can be certain that unless I'm dead, I'm supporting the games, so I'mma wanna get my moneys worth :3
That's fair. I just feel Ecchi Sensei runs the risk of suffering from it, if they're left it. They either risk getting dropped months into their stories, or they're kept as shallow filler to avoid that.
At the end of the day, despite it being developed in a very linear fashion, it's still a game in development, and if something doesn't work it should be cut, and the T8 system as a whole doesn't work. That's just how things are done it all mediums. Not just video games, but films, books, TV show etc. Cutting things that don't work is a vital part of the process.

i check atleast 10 pages so i have an idea whats happening here so if anyone whats to start a drama about my question save it for your self not going to play your game all i want is answer.

1) so in this merge thing "When we got the release" is there any additional content like back story or alteast new specials, anything? or its just plain and straight the 3 weeks combine?

2) (lets put aside the merge update) to old players/supporters how often we got updates back then? is it a monthly base update? every 3 months? just like other games i know or its one of those game "Whenever the dev feels to update his game?" type

thanks and cheers
1) It also includes most of the current Specials as dream sequences. I think the latest Halloween special is the only one not getting added, because it ends with Matsu waking up and he's in bed with a mystery girl, so it's probably going get added after that implied sex scene.
2) The first Merge was almost as bad as this, but once they got through it, we got a couple of new days every month. The release rate was stellar. It's just these merges that go to shit.

Edit:
Don't know what the "merge" was/is, but why would anyone release current content with last years date? Sure it was a shit year but I haven't been in a coma...
The merge is the compiling of the current releases into one big one, plus the majority of the specials. It's also a massive patch for a bunch of bugs, and is bringing is some new mechanics. There's no specials this year, because the merge has been going through a rough, and very delated development, so focusing on that was considered the priority.

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
It's just going to be the opportunity to get optional scenes with some of the girls that can't fit within the linear structured story thread. Completing those scenes will then lead to altered dialogue when we see them again in the main story, if applicable. All the annoying stuff like grind stats and money, aren't going to be there. So it's just more content with characters that would otherwise be sidelined for a particular weekday. I'm seeing nothing but positives. What's the problem exactly?

That's fair. I just feel Ecchi Sensei runs the risk of suffering from it, if they're left it. They either risk getting dropped months into their stories, or they're kept as shallow filler to avoid that.
At the end of the day, despite it being developed in a very linear fashion, it's still a game in development, and if something doesn't work it should be cut, and the T8 system as a whole doesn't work. That's just how things are done it all mediums. Not just video games, but films, books, TV show etc. Cutting things that don't work is a vital part of the process.

1) It also includes most of the current Specials as dream sequences. I think the latest Halloween special is the only one not getting added, because it ends with Matsu waking up and he's in bed with a mystery girl, so it's probably going get added after that implied sex scene.
2) The first Merge was almost as bad as this, but once they got through it, we got a couple of new days every month. The release rate was stellar. It's just these merges that go to shit.

Edit:

The merge is the compiling of the current releases into one big one, plus the majority of the specials. It's also a massive patch for a bunch of bugs, and is bringing is some new mechanics. There's no specials this year, because the merge has been going through a rough, and very delated development, so focusing on that was considered the priority.
oh ok, thanks for that

cheers mate

Reactions: RandoCard3

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
sooo since we're over a year since the last update and bluecat is supposed to be updating us again soon? surely his year long course in learning how to time how long it takes to put out a merge can result in a definitive timeline by now?

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
sooo since we're over a year since the last update and bluecat is supposed to be updating us again soon? surely his year long course in learning how to time how long it takes to put out a merge can result in a definitive timeline by now?
We got one a few weeks ago. If the merge isn't out by the end of the year, then a sub-optimal alternative plan will be put into action, which I think ensures a release shortly after, but at some kind of cost. People have thrown out speculations on what that alternative is, but they didn't go into detail on it, in case it doesn't happen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Skummy posted it originally with permission from BC.

Feb 25, 2018
I know I'm very late to post this, but since there was some discussion on the T8 Characters I feel like giving my opinion on the idea of T8 Character. And before I start, as I just said this is my opinion on T8 Characters, if you disagree that's fine, and I actually would like to see your point on it.

So to be blunt, the idea of T8 Patron Characters wasn't a good idea, not because the idea of adding fan made characters to a game is bad, but because of the site being used to fund this game. From my experience, games that have a specific tier for fan made characters are from Kickstarter, and I wouldn't be surprised if BlueCat got the idea for T8 Characters from there. However Kickstarter obviously works differently from Patreon. With Kickstarter, should the project be funded then everyone who back it is charged pays for what tier they got, and then they don't pay anything else, but on Patreon everyone pays for their tier every month, which can lead to issues. Perhaps the person who made the T8 Character needs to stop supporting for an unknown amount of time, or a giant delay like what is currently happening occurs and the T8 Supporter decides to stop funding for a while to make sure their money isn't wasted, what happens to the characters then. This issue doesn't happen with Kickstarter as the supporter only needs to pay once, and the character will be in the game (provided the game ever comes out, I'm sure we've all seen Kickscammers before or at least heard of one Kickstarter game that was funded and went nowhere).

So now the question is, what will happen to those T8 Characters. The most obvious answer is that the T8 Characters who had their supporter dropped will be removed from the game, it's not the answer many of us want to hear, but it's the most likely. It's not even something that you can really fault BlueCat for doing, as from my understanding the T8 Characters would be in the game as long as the person who created them was a T8 Supporter, so them being removed was always a possibility. However I'm sure others will agree with me and say that we'd rather not have them removed, sure none of the characters Rando mentioned were the most popular, but all of them seemed interesting and at the very least I would have liked to see more of them as the game went on, hell two of them were connected to other established characters. And it does seem a little unfair that some T8 Character will probably stay (weather it's because the T8 Supporter who made them is still supporting or they were really popular, I don't know, if anyone who does know reads this please let me know) while others are being removed, and an argument could be made that if some of them are staying then the rest should stay or all T8 Characters should be removed because some are being removed, but that's another topic.

So to sum up my thoughts, I don't think T8 Character were a good idea in the first place, there was always a chance that the person who created the character would leave due to any number of valid reasons, which would put the character's future in the game in an odd state. I know a few favorite character are T8 Characters, and not having the T8 option would mean they would never have existed. But it would have avoided all this uncertainly weather or not some character will remain in the game or not.

Sorry for the long, somewhat ranty, post, but I felt like giving my thoughts on this.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
i check atleast 10 pages so i have an idea whats happening here so if anyone whats to start a drama about my question save it for your self not going to play your game all i want is answer.

1) so in this merge thing "When we got the release" is there any additional content like back story or alteast new specials, anything? or its just plain and straight the 3 weeks combine?

2) (lets put aside the merge update) to old players/supporters how often we got updates back then? is it a monthly base update? every 3 months? just like other games i know or its one of those game "Whenever the dev feels to update his game?" type

thanks and cheers
1) Pretty much no. There are some features that are too buggy in the current releases but will be usable in the merge. And the holiday specials will be in as dream sequences so that content might be new to you.

2) Releases were monthly. Originally it was just one in game day per release but quickly got bumped up to 2.

Reactions: hotdog10101

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I know I'm very late to post this, but since there was some discussion on the T8 Characters I feel like giving my opinion on the idea of T8 Character. And before I start, as I just said this is my opinion on T8 Characters, if you disagree that's fine, and I actually would like to see your point on it.

So to be blunt, the idea of T8 Patron Characters wasn't a good idea, not because the idea of adding fan made characters to a game is bad, but because of the site being used to fund this game. From my experience, games that have a specific tier for fan made characters are from Kickstarter, and I wouldn't be surprised if BlueCat got the idea for T8 Characters from there. However Kickstarter obviously works differently from Patreon. With Kickstarter, should the project be funded then everyone who back it is charged pays for what tier they got, and then they don't pay anything else, but on Patreon everyone pays for their tier every month, which can lead to issues. Perhaps the person who made the T8 Character needs to stop supporting for an unknown amount of time, or a giant delay like what is currently happening occurs and the T8 Supporter decides to stop funding for a while to make sure their money isn't wasted, what happens to the characters then. This issue doesn't happen with Kickstarter as the supporter only needs to pay once, and the character will be in the game (provided the game ever comes out, I'm sure we've all seen Kickscammers before or at least heard of one Kickstarter game that was funded and went nowhere).

So now the question is, what will happen to those T8 Characters. The most obvious answer is that the T8 Characters who had their supporter dropped will be removed from the game, it's not the answer many of us want to hear, but it's the most likely. It's not even something that you can really fault BlueCat for doing, as from my understanding the T8 Characters would be in the game as long as the person who created them was a T8 Supporter, so them being removed was always a possibility. However I'm sure others will agree with me and say that we'd rather not have them removed, sure none of the characters Rando mentioned were the most popular, but all of them seemed interesting and at the very least I would have liked to see more of them as the game went on, hell two of them were connected to other established characters. And it does seem a little unfair that some T8 Character will probably stay (weather it's because the T8 Supporter who made them is still supporting or they were really popular, I don't know, if anyone who does know reads this please let me know) while others are being removed, and an argument could be made that if some of them are staying then the rest should stay or all T8 Characters should be removed because some are being removed, but that's another topic.

So to sum up my thoughts, I don't think T8 Character were a good idea in the first place, there was always a chance that the person who created the character would leave due to any number of valid reasons, which would put the character's future in the game in an odd state. I know a few favorite character are T8 Characters, and not having the T8 option would mean they would never have existed. But it would have avoided all this uncertainly weather or not some character will remain in the game or not.

Sorry for the long, somewhat ranty, post, but I felt like giving my thoughts on this.
Agreed. I think T8 only work on the two extremes. They either get in and stay in, or they get removed. This current inbetween method doesn't work. They seemingly agree to some extent, as they stopped adding them to Ecchi Sensei, and a will be putting them in there own game, once they have time to work on that.

I really want to see what kind of weird shit the twins get up to next time, but I'd honestly rather have nothing if it meant a better final product in the end.

2) Releases were monthly. Originally it was just one in game day per release but quickly got bumped up to 2.
Before the dark times...

Feb 25, 2018
Agreed. I think T8 only work on the two extremes. They either get in and stay in, or they get removed. This current inbetween method doesn't work. They seemingly agree to some extent, as they stopped adding them to Ecchi Sensei, and a will be putting them in there own game, once they have time to work on that.
At least they've decided to not add anymore T8 Character to Ecchi Sensei, adding more would only mean this issue would be worse down the line. I also hope that the girls that you mentioned might be getting removed stay in the game. While none of them are my favorite characters, they still looked like they could be interesting, and could have become more popular if they were given more content. Plus I also don't see people being happy when the merge finally comes out and they see that some girls are gone, even if they weren't popular, losing characters after over a year without any updates probably isn't going to make people happy.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
At least they've decided to not add anymore T8 Character to Ecchi Sensei, adding more would only mean this issue would be worse down the line. I also hope that the girls that you mentioned might be getting removed stay in the game. While none of them are my favorite characters, they still looked like they could be interesting, and could have become more popular if they were given more content. Plus I also don't see people being happy when the merge finally comes out and they see that some girls are gone, even if they weren't popular, losing characters after over a year without any updates probably isn't going to make people happy.
Ideally, they'd simply stop dropping characters if no longer supported. At least after a certain level of plot relevance. The final product/Year One Merge, should at least clear out those that ended up leading to dead ends though. Perhaps, have a toggle in the options to keep them there for people who want that, or a "Cut Content" gallery, if that's easier. Throw in an "This is an early build, so some things may be added or removed in the future" notice on load up for current releases, and you should be good for now.

At the very least, anyone who continued to to pay during the last year (maybe two) should have at least get a year long buffer before their character gets dropped. Otherwise, they've not been provided what they payed for. That year would at least give BC enough to lead things to a conclusion stopping point.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
However I'm sure others will agree with me and say that we'd rather not have them removed, sure none of the characters Rando mentioned were the most popular, but all of them seemed interesting and at the very least I would have liked to see more of them as the game went on, hell two of them were connected to other established characters.
You mentioned the lists Rando posted of possibly removed and save girls and well I think both of the lists suck. From the girls likely to be removed I like 4 of them and don't want them to be removed on the other hand I don't care about 3 of the girls on the safe list.
As I stated multiple times before the idea of the T8 characters was a bad idea from and at this point, after wasting a whole year of development Blue should just keep all of them in the game continued funding or not.

Reactions: RandoCard3

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
So, I haven't followed the Patron account much. Can someone explain what you all mean by T8 characters? Is this something Bluecat said he would add if donations got to a certain level?

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
So, I haven't followed the Patron account much. Can someone explain what you all mean by T8 characters? Is this something Bluecat said he would add if donations got to a certain level?
T8 is the 100$ tier and they can design a character for the game, the problem is when the Patreon stops supporting or goes to a lover tier the character will no longer be in the game, at least that is what is known because Bluecat hasn't said anything about them.
This is the current T8 list from Patreon.
Charlist 5.png
So basically all these girls can vanish at any point from the game.

Feb 25, 2018
At the very least, anyone who continued to to pay during the last year (maybe two) should have at least get a year long buffer before their character gets dropped. Otherwise, they've not been provided what they payed for. That year would at least give BC enough to lead things to a conclusion stopping point.
I agree, especially due to this merge. Should characters start to get dropped due to these recent events, there should be a buffer equal to as long as it takes for this merge or the next new content to come out. Although this does bring up the question of how things work if a supporter drops, but them comes back several months later.

You mentioned the lists Rando posted of possibly removed and save girls and well I think both of the lists suck. From the girls likely to be removed I like 4 of them and don't want them to be removed on the other hand I don't care about 3 of the girls on the safe list.
This actually bring up something I was going to mention in my first post, but decided not to add as my first post was long enough as is. Just because a character isn't the most popular doesn't mean they don't have fans and just because a character is popular doesn't mean everyone likes them. I'm sure there are people who agree with you and like some girls who have a risk of getting cut but don't like girls who are seemingly safe, and to have the girls they like remove is not going to sit well with them. This also bring up the point that (at least from my recollection) nowhere in the game is it mentioned that certain girls could be removed, let alone which girls could be removed. So there are probably people who don't know about all this T8 stuff and have no idea that some girls may be removed. And as I mentioned in another comment, people have been waiting for a very long time for this merge, so they probably won't be happy to see that some girls have been removed during that time (assuming anyone gets removed), even more so as again I don't believe it was ever mentioned that some girls could have the possibility of being removed.

bozoplace

Dec 7, 2019
Fapoween Special (2019)
Win/Linux/Mac
: - MEGA - -

only working at 4kb/s damn

The rest of the links dead

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I'm sure there are people who agree with you and like some girls who have a risk of getting cut but don't like girls who are seemingly safe, and to have the girls they like remove is not going to sit well with them.
There are multiple girls on the Main Chars 2 and Side Chars lists that I would rather see cut than most of the T8 girls.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes