Harsh 007

Jun 7, 2018
Not for the first chapter. Aside from avoiding bad endings, there's really only 4 major choices in the game. It's mostly just an intro into your origin and some of the characters now, I guess. I haven't even started writing the script for chapter 2 but there will be a single, dating monogamous, and dating other path probably. Ideally, it will be twice the size, but we will see. I'm just going to be completely honest and say that I have no firm direction yet but I like NTR and I feel it adds a level of threat to the game. I will try to take more care in what I produce and allow more player autonomy in what they see, but IDK I won't be able to please everyone.
Just answer this question bro.....as you said you add ntr and it gives a level of threat to the game that is no problem for me as long as ntr is completely avoidable.....just wanted to know that in this chapter and and for future version of your game (like chapter 2) ......IS ntr COMPLETELY avoidable....?
asking this again because as of now there is no clear answer from anyone.....

Reactions: Tunak23 and Cavpal

ArchieGold

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2021
Just answer this question bro.....as you said you add ntr and it gives a level of threat to the game that is no problem for me as long as ntr is completely avoidable.....just wanted to know that in this chapter and and for future version of your game (like chapter 2) ......IS ntr COMPLETELY avoidable....?
asking this again because as of now there is no clear answer from anyone.....
The answer is no, it's not going to be completely avoidable.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Not for the first chapter. Aside from avoiding bad endings, there's really only 4 major choices in the game. It's mostly just an intro into your origin and some of the characters now, I guess. I haven't even started writing the script for chapter 2 but there will be a single, dating monogamous, and dating other path probably. Ideally, it will be twice the size, but we will see. I'm just going to be completely honest and say that I have no firm direction yet but I like NTR and I feel it adds a level of threat to the game. I will try to take more care in what I produce and allow more player autonomy in what they see, but IDK I won't be able to please everyone.
Let me know if I got this correct. So the basic concept for the game is a canon story with the MC becoming a hero of the story. However, you can trigger bad endings where NTR could happen if you lose. There may be some sharing or whatever if you choose but no persistent route where MC is outright NTRed.

I'll play it in a bit and give my feedback.

edit: Oh just saw your post about not all NTR being completely avoidable. Will have to play it to get a clearer picture. brb.

Reactions: Tunak23

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Well... the intro is ok... a bit artificial, going around talking to all the townsfolk, but it was at least tied to the plot somewhat. English is ok. Writing is acceptable. The plot set up is pretty good though. A lot of possibilities.

Models are not really doing it for me lol. Especially the mom.

After the sandbox starts, I quit the game. It was absolutely horrid. The map is one of the worst I've ever seen. Tiny icons to click, no tooltips or indication of what any location is. No direction of what to do whatsoever. No idea how to progress with any plot thread other than just clicking in random buildings hoping an event triggers for a random person. It was almost unplayable even by the low standards of "sandbox" renpy games.

I can't really say much about how the plot progresses because I couldn't play it past the prologue. As far as I've seen, there are some clear baddies who could probably NTR you, some nice townsfolk, some people in the grey, and people going about their business. The world doesn't seem to revolve exclusively around the MC, so that seems like a plus. I think the idea is to present a somewhat realistic story revolving around the MC's growth into a warrior/hero with some possibilities for bad ends and maybe some plot related misfortunes. There are a lot of stats. How these translate to different outcomes, I have no idea because I couldn't play for longer than 5 minutes after the sandbox started.

So basically, you need to make a better UI and quality of life adjustments. The current gameplay is just absurd. Give some directions. The other clear problem is the file size. 4.3 gigs is pretty unacceptable. Look into image formats and compressing. I don't really know much about the technicalities, but I believe webp is the preferred format that significantly reduces file size while keeping the quality.

McSweeney

Jun 2, 2017
This game is in desperate need of QoL upgrades. It has just about everything that makes me not play sandbox games, like clicking on locations and being told "nothing to do here right now". It mostly just needs some kind of guidance system, either a quest log, or put a marker on locations with unseen content. I don't know what any of the stats actually do. I lose vitality if I work at the Inn, can I do something to stop that? What does vitality even do? Does raising skills do anything besides change a number? Most sandbox games at least have a job like "money = str*2" so that you can gain some benefit to building your stats. I don't see that here? Is there anything to spend money on? A lot of the icons on the map are also damn near invisible until you scroll over them.

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
Based on the Dev's comments, whether the game has NTR depends on your definition of NTR. If you want a harem game with no NTR for ALL of the women . . . based on responses to questions, Dev has telegraphed that it's not gonna happen. The Dev mentioned a monogamous relationship, so expect other characters to engage in sex and that a harem ending is not in the cards. The Dev claims to intend a romance path for ONE of the characters that does not involve NTR . . . but once again, if you want to date and fuck everyone, NTR is unavoidable.

Just my humble opinion. Still early in development, so I'm gonna wait and see.

swbfvd

Aug 16, 2016
Really liked the game, i think the only problem is lack of in-game hints, sometimes u just dont know what to do, or maybe just walkthrough with important choices and all endings, everything else i think is great. Personally i'd like to see more ntr with all characters (including kate),
100% agree with everything here

Harsh 007

Jun 7, 2018
The answer is no, it's not going to be completely avoidable.
I get what are you saying that you want to add a threat level or possibility to game ok no problem but what if mc has higher stats than the other or person he was in fight with.....so whats the point of all skills and strength in game tha skander can achieve but still ntr can't be avoided......( i mean the story is of him becoming of a hero right so what the point of ntr ca't be avoided if he is to become a hero he should be stealing girls from others ) i guess waste of stats and all the other skill if it can't be avoided..... i played the game but at right now up to this point i did not get any ntr scene yet so just for curiosity can you tell any scene where mc cannot avoid ntr.....( just wanted to know what type of situation will it be )

ArchieGold

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2021
It's too late to add new UI or hints. I'm done with chapter 1, I really want to start chapter 2, and I'll add it there. Seriously, this is a free game. Take it or leave it. But I realize this game will be immensely frustrating without awareness of some basics at the very least. So here's the walkthrough:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are Stats?!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where and when are the people?!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What People?

Who's Big Events?

Small Events:

Sex Scenes:

Fist/Palm:

The 4 actual choices in the game:

ArchieGold

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2021
View attachment 1645143

Overview:
Set in a fantasy world with swords, magic and beautiful women, the tale is a coming of age story about a young outcast in a small, backwater village. A struggle lies ahead. Will you help Skander achieve his dream?​

Thread Updated: 2022-02-10
Release Date: 2022-02-10
Developer: Archie Gold
Censored: No
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - MEGA
Other: COMPRESSED

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1645145 View attachment 1645146 View attachment 1645149 View attachment 1645152 View attachment 1645153 View attachment 1645154 View attachment 1645159 View attachment 1645160 View attachment 1645163
This is not an initial release but a complete game. Can this be marked as complete?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
It's too late to add new UI or hints. I'm done with chapter 1, I really want to start chapter 2, and I'll add it there. Seriously, this is a free game. Take it or leave it. But I realize this game will be immensely frustrating without awareness of some basics at the very least. So here's the walkthrough:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are Stats?!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where and when are the people?!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What People?

Who's Big Events?

Small Events:

Sex Scenes:

Fist/Palm:

The 4 actual choices in the game:
All that is in the first release? Daym. Looks like a finished game. What's in the chapter 2 then?

Anyways, I guess it could be playable with the walkthrough and a lot of patience for people who really like sandbox. I couldn't get past the map, honestly, but someone who sticks it out might memorize all the locations and the times they could interact in them I guess.

Still, props for dropping a pretty much complete game with substantial amount of content out of the blue.

Reactions: DKArthas

ArchieGold

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2021
I'm just going to go ahead and say this now: I started with a script, then I worked on the big events, and then the little events. So some major events were when I first started and they look like shit. I'm really thinking about the final battle, lol.

I get what are you saying that you want to add a threat level or possibility to game ok no problem but what if mc has higher stats than the other or person he was in fight with.....so whats the point of all skills and strength in game tha skander can achieve but still ntr can't be avoided......( i mean the story is of him becoming of a hero right so what the point of ntr ca't be avoided if he is to become a hero he should be stealing girls from others ) i guess waste of stats and all the other skill if it can't be avoided..... i played the game but at right now up to this point i did not get any ntr scene yet so just for curiosity can you tell any scene where mc cannot avoid ntr.....( just wanted to know what type of situation will it be )
I plan to do 5 chapters. One or two love interests per chapter and the rest are flings. The main females in this game are Kate and Blair. In the next chapter, you're going to join the military proper, and explore new worlds. You're going to meet another interesting person. I really didn't want to have like 50 unattached women just orbiting the narrative. Also, this is the MC's home town, his youth, he's going to remember these events fondly, but he can't have a life with most of these women.

All that is in the first release? Daym. Looks like a finished game. What's in the chapter 2 then?

Anyways, I guess it could be playable with the walkthrough and a lot of patience for people who really like sandbox. I couldn't get past the map, honestly, but someone who sticks it out might memorize all the locations and the times they could interact in them I guess.

Still, props for dropping a pretty much complete game with substantial amount of content out of the blue.
Thanks, ultimately, I found your criticism helpful. However, I'm not going to be able to make the games you play.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1644569599660.png

The impression is that this is a series and we just got the pilot out. Thinking of american horror story.
Chapter one gets finished with MC a what? Hero? Warrior? Swinger? Dead? Village idiot?

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Glad we have another open minded dev on the site. You sounded like there wont be any strong ntr but i will still keep an eye on the game.

2.80 star(s) 8 Votes