VN Ren'Py Abandoned Edinburgh [v0.17] [Ricktor]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

PinkNova

May 2, 2018
Sorry for the confusion. When I first started, I was just making a story while I learned and played around with Daz Studio, and from there somehow I ended up on Ren'PY. I had a lot of time with the virus not allowing me to work. Anyway around halfway through chapter 3 I thought "this is a lot of fun, I wonder if I could actually make a game out of it that people might like." This is why I am just calling it a Demo. I wanted to let the player choose any character they wanted to be, but I couldn't come up with a logical/practical way to do it, so I just picked one. I picked the one that was the odd man out kinda. I thought about using Gwen as the MC also. Do you think people would be interested in playing from her prospective?
I think it's not a stretch to play from her side as well since we see it anyways, so it gives the illusion of it already.

stacytv

Sep 6, 2019
Just seen the preview pics u posted in January and they look great. Really looking forward to next update as this is is one of my top 5 favourite games :D

Reactions: Ricktor

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Just seen the preview pics u posted in January and they look great. Really looking forward to next update as this is is one of my top 5 favourite games :D
Thanks. I am working really hard to get the next one out. I'm going to push really hard this weekend. I was all set to send out Chapt. 6 and I just didn't feel very good about it. I tried to take some of the suggestions and incorporate them, and really screwed up the code. I need to learn more before I do that again. Anyway, I know this is taking a long time, but please believe me when I say, its not because I am not working on it, I'm just trying to add more content.

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
Last edited:

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Anticipation is reaching fever pitch :LOL: Any news on the ETA Ricktor? Thanks
Sorry, for the late response. Yes I'm just finishing up a few things. Just a heads up on one little problem I ran into. I put a very short cuck scene in, not very much, but definitely there. I tried to make it "avoidable", and was messing around with the code and screwed everything up. I got everything back together again, but for now the scene is not avoidable. Easy to skip over though. I was also experimenting with animation. Its bad, I mean really bad. Only a couple of seconds of meaningless things, but it needs work. A lot of work. Anyway if you can please just squint, or close your eyes all together when there is a animation, I promise I will work on making them better. So again, sorry for the late response, and it should be out very soon. This weekend for sure.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Edinburgh v.17.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:

stacytv

Sep 6, 2019
Great update, some really fun scenes in this one....love the direction it's going. Thanks Ricktor x

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
To All....
My deepest and most sincere apologies. The first Scene with Danni where she tries(and succeeds to get Carl to punch her) will be removed. I am trying to think of a better way to do that right now and I will fix it. I in no way, shape or form, condone any type of violence against anyone and I am extremely sorry. I did not think that through well enough. I originally thought that because she was trying to make him do it, it was ok....it was not. I will think of another more appropriate way to convey it. Again I am deeply, deeply sorry. If I offended people, please accept my apology, it was never my intention.

Reactions: gregers

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
To All....
My deepest and most sincere apologies. The first Scene with Danni where she tries(and succeeds to get Carl to punch her) will be removed. I am trying to think of a better way to do that right now and I will fix it. I in no way, shape or form, condone any type of violence against anyone and I am extremely sorry. I did not think that through well enough. I originally thought that because she was trying to make him do it, it was ok....it was not. I will think of another more appropriate way to convey it. Again I am deeply, deeply sorry. If I offended people, please accept my apology, it was never my intention.
The easiest solution would be to remove photo #aacd214 and just rewrite it so that he pulls her hands off of him and suddenly she flops to the ground. Add a bit of Danni's internal monologue about faking a black eye with makeup (#aacd220). You'll then just need to update a few bits of text. Quick and easy fix.

Reactions: Ricktor

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Edinburgh v.17 crunched
Edit (2022-04-14): links renewed

Original Size PC: 2,58 GB
Original Size PC: 2,56 GB

Compressed Size PC: 310 MB
Edinburgh-.17-pc.zip:

Compressed Size Mac: 293 MB
Edinburgh-.17-mac.zip: Workupload Mac

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v2.1 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
The easiest solution would be to remove photo #aacd214 and just rewrite it so that he pulls her hands off of him and suddenly she flops to the ground. Add a bit of Danni's internal monologue about faking a black eye with makeup (#aacd220). You'll then just need to update a few bits of text. Quick and easy fix.
Yes, perfect. That was just what I was thinking. Those renders were absolutely terrible anyway. I like this solution much better.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will start working on it immediately.

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Edinburgh v.17 crunched

Original Size PC: 2,58 GB
Original Size PC: 2,56 GB

Compressed Size PC: 310 MB
Edinburgh-.17-pc.zip: Workupload PC

Compressed Size Mac: 293 MB
Edinburgh-.17-mac.zip: Workupload Mac

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v2.1 (hngg@f95zone) -
Thank you for doing this, I was starting to wonder what I was going to do. Story is only like 55% and I was at 2.5GB, yikes.
Do you know if there is anything I should be doing to the renders, to give them the best quality, but at the same time reduce the size of the file?

• Red Heart
Reactions: LadyBoyJay and "CJ"

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Thank you for doing this, I was starting to wonder what I was going to do. Story is only like 55% and I was at 2.5GB, yikes.
Do you know if there is anything I should be doing to the renders, to give them the best quality, but at the same time reduce the size of the file?
You're welcome! :love:

Sorry that I didn't answer sooner. I have zero experience with rendering and picture conversion or compression. For my compressions I only use tools made by other people that do the compression job automatically. But maybe your renders aren't the problem at all. I took a look in your "image" folder and there is a videofile "qwenanim.avi" that has a size of 1.55 GB!!! There must be something wrong with this file because it's only a 9 sec video and in my compressed version it has a size of just 2,8 MB and in contrast to yours runs smoothly. So my advice would be to fix said file and the overall size of your game will be reduced by ~1,5 GB. I attached my version of the file.

Edit: I saw that there is a second file "qwenanim.ogv" with the same video but much smaller than the other one. Do you need both of them?

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtemisGirge
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes