droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
She has scenes in WWX so guess would be in next game. Not looking forward much though since this is my first game and the protagonist personality already ruined my experience, the artist style turned me off (im skipped all h-scenes even of my fav chars)... oops... all this is just my opinion, sorry if it discourage someone
Yea, he has sex with almost everyone in WWX, I think, even character like Hercules, Tadataka, Lubu has one.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
The first one seemed story based with a good game.
This one seems like a good game with no story.

I prefer the crafting system in the second - since the first didnt have one.

Literally, that is the only thing I find appealing about this remake. They removed the story and added in some gen-whatever phrasing "my bad" to try to connect but it horribly fails to connect the player to any specific character.

Himiko was the main love interest in the first where I have no idea who they intended the player to connect with in this version.
I like it because it's more balanced in regards to gameplay and character scenes.
Like mages just being passive characters with status/device in the original while in GOLD they gave them offensive abilities to actually be useful as well as deeper strategic elements with the improved item system.
There is barely any harem feeling in the original , because either the protagonist or the characters were always making sure they wouldn't upset Himiko/Arthur (Which is why no one in the Knights of the Round have scenes except Bedi's joke scene) to the point that in most scenes not involving those 2 the characters it feels or is written as the characters doing it behind the back of the protag's real women and thus it's kept a secret.
Masamune is the new main heroine but she is mostly the vehicle used to emphasize the harem feeling, constantly pushing for situations that feed the harem setting. So this time the relationships feels more grounded, as in all the heroines (That you get scenes with at least) are of equal value. Not gonna lie, I enjoy Himiko here because I like that even though she has the same monopoly desires she can't do nothing about it, even her status as legal wife is no different from the rest.
Naturally the story and characters had to be accommodated to allow the relationships to happen, like using Arthur's love quirk to allow the Knights to have scenes.
The original had a very clear bias, that with Zipang characters having 7 or more events while you got cases like Ashoka with only 3 scenes, then with them taking the screentime from most story related bits.
GOLD feels more fair as far as screentime goes, though it's clear that Columbus, Perry and Billy gets the most of it but it's not to the original levels.
But it helps that everyone gets the same amount of events even if they had to pad some to fill the quota.
I guess you can think of this one like say the subsequent sequels of Persona 4 where the characters get flanderized just so they can give fans more wacky situations.
Anyways it's a shame that you have people dissing at the original when that one has its strengths over this one.
Also hope someone updates the WWX gallery, we haven't gotten an update in months.
They better give Hannibal scenes!

lastingman

Jul 24, 2017
The one at sadpanda? I think the files are made in Unity, so maybe that's why no one was able to update it yet. The ones updating quit the game bc it's bad, I think. I don't play browser games that much. The one who updated the latest there said that they were only doing it temporarily, but didn't really leave any hints or instructions on how to get the CG ourselves before disappearing.

lastingman

Jul 24, 2017
use patch goldfix1 dude, man, how many people have asked this question ?
There are three patches that I've seen. Goldfix 1, the one without the scenes unlocked and the third fix that supposedly adds the Majikoi DLC. Which one should I use then? I'm currently using the 3rd one.

Majikoi (Hazakura Seiso) patch, using scenario TL from SurferDude patch:
gold_fix_3_seiso.zip
(includes previous fixes)

And test patch unlocking Arthur voice files in her events (1st, 2nd and 5th), but I only checked 2nd event, tell me if you get crash in others:

lastingman

Jul 24, 2017
Majikoi (Hazakura Seiso) patch, using scenario TL from SurferDude patch:
gold_fix_3_seiso.zip
(includes previous fixes)

And test patch unlocking Arthur voice files in her events (1st, 2nd and 5th), but I only checked 2nd event, tell me if you get crash in others:
BTW, how do you unlock Seiso anyway? Haven't played Gold since I waited for the official release.

BookCake

May 13, 2019
I'm on my 789th turn on my first playthrough, I'm on that point that it has been too grindy rather than enjoyable. I guess I'll be needing cheatengine just to finish all quests.

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
how hard is this game? is it as hard as fighting angolmois with almost 700k HP with 11k each summoned unit like the first game? is it harder or easier

droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
I'm on my 789th turn on my first playthrough, I'm on that point that it has been too grindy rather than enjoyable. I guess I'll be needing cheatengine just to finish all quests.
What? 789 turns in first playthrough?
how hard is this game? is it as hard as fighting angolmois with almost 700k HP with 11k each summoned unit like the first game? is it harder or easier
This is a strategy game, utilize your units to full potential. I would say difficulty varies depending on game mode.
Once you have Achilles, Gilgamesh, Atlas, Siegfried, it'll be just a piece of cake.
Also, use item like Gullinbursti and Urashima's Jewel Box to a unit with Super Charge skill, or use Montezuma's Sacrificial Altair to gain lots of brave point at the start of battle.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
789 turns? Seriously? 250 I can kind of understand, but 789? If you do a reasonably efficient walkthrough you should be able to get everything done in less than 200 turns. And if you don't know the event mechanics less than 250 is really not that hard to achieve. You have probably wasted too many turns while at war strengthening the countries you are at war with, have no idea what type advantages do / don't do this game.

Admittedly I am only on turn 28 in my current playthrough, but I am ready to declare war on the Taika Empire (and thus have dealt with the Macedonian Alliance, North America, South America, the South Sea, Vinland Australia, and Britannia / India). All done with basic attacks, since I have done but two character events (one for Billy and one for Alwilda, and the only item I have is Drake's lucky clover. That might be a bit too extreme for most people here, but I am just highlighting that the game is anything but difficult.

A character like Billy is quite overpowered. Do her 5 events, get Bandits (her ultimate skill) and you should be able to sail through the entire game on the strength of that alone. Think the only thing needed for her 5 events, is basically conquering North America, and recruiting Vlad Tepes.

Reactions: APoc1

droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
All done with basic attacks
what the hell :v ?
i beat the game within 340 turns and im not efficient.
first playthrough is very hard. I tried my best to beat the game without grinding, and it took ~225-230 turns I think ?
I played first game, so i'm familiar with the system, this one's hardest battle is not even the last battle, it is Shambhala floor 6.
Took me hours to beat last battle of that floor :unsure:

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
what the hell :v ?
Obviously in the early part of the game, most troops are actually earned as battle bonuses, rather than bought. So it really pays trying to aim for S-rank victories (free 15 troops), and get the first damaging attack (5 troops), and if possible Bombardier and Army of One battle achievements as well (10 and 15 troops respectively). Try to end battles quickly as well (5 turns or less nets you 20 troops; 25 turns or less gets you 10), and if you are lucky without damage to get you another 20. The most important thing is to avoid casualties. First of it costs you a bonus (10 troops), but also the knocked out unit(s) don't get troop bonuses. That is massive.
That is not always an option of course, and in some cases you'd be left cursing the RNG gods for a long time (eg getting the first damaging attack in in the battle for Alexandria), but there are quite a few battles where you can really rack up the bonuses. Perfection is not needed (unlike say a max points Sengoku Rance playthrough), so you can be relatively carefree.

The lack of more advanced attacks only really starts to hurt once you have to take on Egypt, Europe (and the Dark Realm), Russia, and to a lesser extent China.

first playthrough is very hard. I tried my best to beat the game without grinding, and it took ~225-230 turns I think ?
I played first game, so i'm familiar with the system, this one's hardest battle is not even the last battle, it is Shambhala floor 6.
Took me hours to beat last battle of that floor :unsure:
First playthrough is harder than subsequent playthroughs even with difficulty increased to Hard / Very Hard. Reason being the items, as well as all the bonuses you can pick for New Game +; having people like Siegfried, Atlas and Achilles available to you makes a massive difference as well, never mind having all the unlocked attacks from the previous playthrough.

Also for a first playthrough, you have less idea of event mechanics. And you may be wondering what you have to do to advance the plot. But as the game is very forgiving, that is hardly much of an issue. Also a good idea to check the wiki for fusion guide. Some of the items can make a massive difference. Some of the ultimate items really do not do that much in your first game, so fusing some items may be best left just before doing the final battle.

CluelessLemon

Jul 27, 2017
This game has no consistency. How can 1 fight be practically impossible and another be a walk in the park when they are unlocked at the same time. Like in EU at Helsinki you have to go against a unit with 22 Attack which always moves first and starts of with brave and instantly kills a unit before moving again due to ridiculous speed. Whereas in Transalvania there are just 3 random spear units. It makes no sense.

BookCake

May 13, 2019
789 turns? Seriously? 250 I can kind of understand, but 789? If you do a reasonably efficient walkthrough you should be able to get everything done in less than 200 turns. And if you don't know the event mechanics less than 250 is really not that hard to achieve. You have probably wasted too many turns while at war strengthening the countries you are at war with, have no idea what type advantages do / don't do this game.

Admittedly I am only on turn 28 in my current playthrough, but I am ready to declare war on the Taika Empire (and thus have dealt with the Macedonian Alliance, North America, South America, the South Sea, Vinland Australia, and Britannia / India). All done with basic attacks, since I have done but two character events (one for Billy and one for Alwilda, and the only item I have is Drake's lucky clover. That might be a bit too extreme for most people here, but I am just highlighting that the game is anything but difficult.

A character like Billy is quite overpowered. Do her 5 events, get Bandits (her ultimate skill) and you should be able to sail through the entire game on the strength of that alone. Think the only thing needed for her 5 events, is basically conquering North America, and recruiting Vlad Tepes.

Made the mistake of balancing out all the characters, wasn't aware that there's a RSP combat between the color coded weapons. Skipped many turns to raise troop size. Currently I'm on that floating island. Not finishing the final battle first

BradW

Jun 28, 2018

There are only two ways I believe you're that far along despite only being on turn 28. Option 1. You've used the cheat engine to make the game play faster (not terribly likely but still at least possible). Option 2. You're on a New Game Plus and have been focusing solely on advancing the story, completely ignoring all character events.

I mean I'm only on my first play through and by turn 28 I was only finishing up South America. I haven't done all events, because I'm trying to focus on the characters I use first (I plan to do all possible events before the final battle but for now my main units are who I'm focusing on event wise.

Reactions: Furyous D
3.70 star(s) 18 Votes