droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
BradW that's likely not his first playthrough, on New Game+, there's a bonus that let you keep character affection (rank), so you don't need to do any character event at all.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
This game has no consistency. How can 1 fight be practically impossible and another be a walk in the park when they are unlocked at the same time. Like in EU at Helsinki you have to go against a unit with 22 Attack which always moves first and starts of with brave and instantly kills a unit before moving again due to ridiculous speed. Whereas in Transalvania there are just 3 random spear units. It makes no sense.
Helsinki is meant to be a joke battle. Just safely ignore it. Though I suspect it is possible to win it flawlessly, if you have recruited a few ancient heroes (or at least Achilles), and gained a few items. The quickest way to conquer Europe is by taking Johannesburg. All unconquered EU cities will then come under your control.

There are only two ways I believe you're that far along despite only being on turn 28. Option 1. You've used the cheat engine to make the game play faster (not terribly likely but still at least possible). Option 2. You're on a New Game Plus and have been focusing solely on advancing the story, completely ignoring all character events.
Just because you are incompetent, is no valid reason to accuse me of cheating. No cheat engine used, and not on New Game + . I have documented all the 700+ events in the game, and thus I know (with a few exceptions) what is required for events to fire. Which obviously helps greatly to reduce turn wastage, and to get the fourth action point almost as quickly as possible (it seems that theoretically one can conquer China by the end of turn 29; my 30 turn run is not even optimal).

If I were on New Game + I would have conquered, Russia, EU, Dark Realm and Egypt as well by the start of turn 28. Yeah, it is really not that hard.
Much easier than the Sengoku Rance 323-points playthrough for instance.

Last edited:

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
This game has no consistency. How can 1 fight be practically impossible and another be a walk in the park when they are unlocked at the same time. Like in EU at Helsinki you have to go against a unit with 22 Attack which always moves first and starts of with brave and instantly kills a unit before moving again due to ridiculous speed. Whereas in Transalvania there are just 3 random spear units. It makes no sense.
That's like there just for a challenge.
Just bring 2 weak characters and put them on the front to eat the hits and a single 5 brave skill strong against gun should kill it.
Should also bring Goemon to critical the high defence knight with her 5 brave skill.
You will have to accept some loses here and there.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
ATTENTION EVERYONE!
The official Eiyuu Senki GOLD patch has been released:

schen
Could you please include the Seiso patch into this newly released patch please?! And thanks in advance.
NOTE
You MUST NOT apply schen patch when installing this one. You have to do this on a clean install. If you still have the install folder, uninstall the game (including the Seiso Patch which you have to delete manually) and reinstall with the patch. In the meantime, we'll wait for schen to readjust the Seiso patch.

NOTE 2
Your Seiso save will NOT work with the official patch: Delete any save that contains Seiso.

Last edited:

droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
Heimeropen how to apply the patch? can't figure it out. Everytime I open it, an error msg saying "Eiyuu Senki Gold could not be located ..." pops up. Even though i chose the right folder ??!
Edit: I forgot to remove old unofficial patch @@

• Haha
Reactions: Heimeropen

dragon358

Jan 15, 2020
Columbus is one of your best friends, slap a fire wheel on her for plus 3 speed and that 400% gun blast of hers killed pretty much all of the enemies I had to deal with, another one to mention is nobunaga, slap a sampo on her and she is amazing, one of her abilities hits all three enemies in a row for the same damage boost but with the sampo it costs no time to use. Also achillies with the dagda mace to constantly stack wait on the enemy great.

Last edited:
Reactions: droganpc

droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
Columbus is one of your best friends, slap a fire wheel on her for plus 3 speed and that 400% gun blast of hers killed pretty much all of the enemies I had to deal with, another one to mention is nobunaga, slap a sampo on her and she is amazing, one of her abilities hits all three enemies in a row for the same damage boost but with the sampo it costs no time to use. Also achillies with the dagda mace to constantly stack wait on the enemy great.
Right, Colombus is super strong, once you have Barret Blast, she can pull out some very big damage. Actually in the end, I replace her by Napoleon.
Lu Bu's hero skill is extremely flexible, even though it has 4x dmg multiplier, no wait time, can target 3 enemies.
And Goemon too because of obvious reason.
I also found that Jeanne d'Arc is very useful in some boss battles, if you equip her with Yasakani-no-Magatama (inflict seal on crit), you can seal 3-5 enemies with her attacks.
Those are my aces before getting Ancient Heroes.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
There are only two ways I believe you're that far along despite only being on turn 28. Option 1. You've used the cheat engine to make the game play faster (not terribly likely but still at least possible). Option 2. You're on a New Game Plus and have been focusing solely on advancing the story, completely ignoring all character events.

I mean I'm only on my first play through and by turn 28 I was only finishing up South America. I haven't done all events, because I'm trying to focus on the characters I use first (I plan to do all possible events before the final battle but for now my main units are who I'm focusing on event wise.
Actually it can be done on the first play through, its hard though. If you study the enemy you will find there are some cities you don't have to take to defeat the enemy and take the country on the first play through. The alliance can be taken, south sea's can be taken Australia the first American campaign you can skip one city I mean if you look around you can save turns here and there. So it may seem impossible but it is possible. Think about it this way 28 days is 56 turns on your first play through adding up the turns for battles is somewhere around 51 (some of these are for short cuts some are not actual battles) and 2 for the events he said he did and there you go not impossible. But as I said very hard on the first play through you would have to really be good not to lose enough troops so that what you earn each time can cover your loses.

I am going to have to try this to be sure I forgot taking Zipang in my calculations

I have to take it all back after trying I can see I have made major miscalculation I forgot about so many things. even in the most effeicient way it can be done I am just through america(just billy not even all of america) at the end of day 10 and my troops are just about demolished it really comes down to money I am going to keep trying to see how far you can actually get by day 28 but I can already see it will be way short of what was claimed for a first play through with out using a cheat. So I have to agree with BradW I just can't see it even if I use all the short cuts I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilatin

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Hey quick question. is it normal that some scenes are not voiced and some are?
Yes there is a patch on the first page believe it is ver 3 of the patch that attempts to fix a few but as I understand it there are some missing sound files in the game. and some probably were never voiced.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
The lucky mallet doesnt give me any gold. Is that a bug? Anyone got that problem? I beat the 6th shambhala floor for gold but got no bonus at all. And only after that i notice the item havent given me any bonus. Im in very hard mode, 1st play. And acsimet never show up for me either. Im in the late game, about to entering the hole already.

Last edited:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Can't say I have ever seen a gold bonus with Lucky Mallet either not sure though could be some rules for it I did not follow its not like the philosophers stone where it just has to be equipped to get the 20% more from cities. If anyone knows how the lucky mallet works I would like to know as well.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Can't say I have ever seen a gold bonus with Lucky Mallet either not sure though could be some rules for it I did not follow its not like the philosophers stone where it just has to be equipped to get the 20% more from cities. If anyone knows how the lucky mallet works I would like to know as well.
I played the jap ver since 2018, and i recall it works the same as the Eiyuu senki. You get money equal to amount of enemies you faced in battle. The wiki page says that. 1614403647219.png

Last edited:
Reactions: APoc1

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
I have to take it all back after trying I can see I have made major miscalculation I forgot about so many things. even in the most effeicient way it can be done I am just through america(just billy not even all of america) at the end of day 10 and my troops are just about demolished it really comes down to money I am going to keep trying to see how far you can actually get by day 28 but I can already see it will be way short of what was claimed for a first play through with out using a cheat. So I have to agree with BradW I just can't see it even if I use all the short cuts I know.
It is all about troop management. If you fail that, you will fail. So yes, you will have to retry a bit on occasion. Also in the first few turns, buy troops cheaply (since price increases every 250 troops you have) to save a lot of money, while strengthening your units. You can do that for about 12-14 turns, after which you need to start saving up for the Britannia chain of events (50 000 will take some time to acquire) These are my first twelve turns. From the start of turn 13 I get three action points (due to dealing with North America. Whenever an (A) is posted it is won with A-rank victory. If it involves battle, and no result is posted it is S rank victory. The trick with 'Encroaching Beasts' for instance is to send only Tadataka out, and send her out in the back row so that the beast can't hurt her. S-rank victory achieved, in 5 turns. With Edo, position your troops in such a way that the gunmen can't hit you on their first turn, and if you are lucky with the RNG, you can wipe them all out without suffering any damage. etc.

Encroaching BeastsThe fifty-story pagoda
Declare War on EdoConquer Edo
Declare War on KyotoConquer Kyoto
Conquer YamatoInner Thoughts
Now Towards the worldConquer Salt Lake City
Conquer Kansas CityConquer Edmonton
Conquer Vancouver (A)Conquer Anchorage
Conquer Anchorage IIConquer Yellowknife
Conquer St. LouisConquer Pensacola
Conquer Dallas (A)Conquer Fort Sumner
Conquer ChiwuawuaConquer Chicago
Conquer New York (A)The Bird-vanquisher star

The lucky mallet doesnt give me any gold. Is that a bug? Anyone got that problem? I beat the 6th shambhala floor for gold but got no bonus at all. And only after that i notice the item havent given me any bonus. Im in very hard mode, 1st play. And acsimet never show up for me either. Im in the late game, about to entering the hole already.
It gives gold, but you get the increase on the battle outcome screen. So it is very easy to miss its effects. Also think the unit must survive (and obviously be involved in the battle). The description is wrong. You'll just get a few 1000, rather than the millions the description is suggesting (for that Shambhala battle). If memory serves (I could be wrong on that, last time I used Lucky Mallet in the Japanese version was 2 years ago), the bonus is something like 500 gold or 1000 gold for each unit the unit with the Lucky Mallet kills. It is much more efficient to spam Marco Polo's money gathering skills in most battles, make a boatload of money that way. Especially in the 50-story pagoda, since you can spam Marco Polo's attack in 3 consecutive battles. On Very Hard of course your troops are capped to 9999, but I think I finished my Hard Playthrough with about 43k troops in her unit.

ETA: Some Lucky mallet / alternative money getting strategies.

Last edited:

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
It gives gold, but you get the increase on the battle outcome screen. So it is very easy to miss its effects. Also think the unit must survive (and obviously be involved in the battle). The description is wrong. You'll just get a few 1000, rather than the millions the description is suggesting (for that Shambhala battle).
[/QUOTE]
Yeah i know the conditions, and i fullfilled it. But it doesnt give gold. None. At. All. completely different from the description.
So the description is a scam huh. Lmao. And i just want some ez money to max out all the units troops. TBH 10 - 12 main units at 9999 is more than anough to beat everything. But everything at 9999 look way better and i mean, perfection is always better.
I almost finished VH on 1st play, and gonna try for NM next., not gonna go for ezer mode cause too boring. So my units pretty much never pass 9999, so money isnt really that important.But man, they should fix the description tbh.

Last edited:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
It is all about troop management. If you fail that, you will fail. So yes, you will have to retry a bit on occasion. Also in the first few turns, buy troops cheaply (since price increases every 250 troops you have) to save a lot of money, while strengthening your units. You can do that for about 12-14 turns, after which you need to start saving up for the Britannia chain of events (50 000 will take some time to acquire) These are my first twelve turns. From the start of turn 13 I get three action points (due to dealing with North America. Whenever an (A) is posted it is won with A-rank victory. If it involves battle, and no result is posted it is S rank victory. The trick with 'Encroaching Beasts' for instance is to send only Tadataka out, and send her out in the back row so that the beast can't hurt her. S-rank victory achieved, in 5 turns. With Edo, position your troops in such a way that the gunmen can't hit you on their first turn, and if you are lucky with the RNG, you can wipe them all out without suffering any damage. etc.

Encroaching BeastsThe fifty-story pagoda
Declare War on EdoConquer Edo
Declare War on KyotoConquer Kyoto
Conquer YamatoInner Thoughts
Now Towards the worldConquer Salt Lake City
Conquer Kansas CityConquer Edmonton
Conquer Vancouver (A)Conquer Anchorage
Conquer Anchorage IIConquer Yellowknife
Conquer St. LouisConquer Pensacola
Conquer Dallas (A)Conquer Fort Sumner
Conquer ChiwuawuaConquer Chicago
Conquer New York (A)The Bird-vanquisher star

It gives gold, but you get the increase on the battle outcome screen. So it is very easy to miss its effects. Also think the unit must survive (and obviously be involved in the battle). The description is wrong. You'll just get a few 1000, rather than the millions the description is suggesting (for that Shambhala battle). If memory serves (I could be wrong on that, last time I used Lucky Mallet in the Japanese version was 2 years ago), the bonus is something like 500 gold or 1000 gold for each unit the unit with the Lucky Mallet kills. It is much more efficient to spam Marco Polo's money gathering skills in most battles, make a boatload of money that way. Especially in the 50-story pagoda, since you can spam Marco Polo's attack in 3 consecutive battles. On Very Hard of course your troops are capped to 9999, but I think I finished my Hard Playthrough with about 43k troops in her unit.

ETA: Some Lucky mallet / alternative money getting strategies.
That worked so far I was not able to get S ranks on that many though so my Troop bonus was not as good as it could have been but I can see now how this could work. I would assume you would take the south American rout next to maximise earnings then Vinland next south sea's then austrailia or is it Britain can't recall off hand in what order that pops going to be hard still but it does seem possible. I have to ask were you able to clear the game in 100 moves during the first play through? I did in a plus game and it was still tight as far as moves was concerned , did not do any quests and I got it in 96 moves but I totally missed getting out of Zipbang in 4 turns and likely missed other turn saving moves as well, so I probably could have done better considering it was a plus game. Sorry I doubted you guess I am eating crow again :)

Reactions: kilatin

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
That worked so far I was not able to get S ranks on that many though so my Troop bonus was not as good as it could have been but I can see now how this could work. I would assume you would take the south American rout next to maximise earnings then Vinland next south sea's then austrailia or is it Britain can't recall off hand in what order that pops going to be hard still but it does seem possible. I have to ask were you able to clear the game in 100 moves during the first play through? I did in a plus game and it was still tight as far as moves was concerned , did not do any quests and I got it in 96 moves but I totally missed getting out of Zipbang in 4 turns and likely missed other turn saving moves as well, so I probably could have done better considering it was a plus game. Sorry I doubted you guess I am eating crow again :)
No, I actually go for Vinland first (and the last battle is really hard with this strategy - luckily it will be the only fight in that turn to make it easier), and in my current playthrough after that the Aztecs, South Sea. Doing South Sea first is probably slightly better from an optimisation point of view - after conquering Port Royal (don't use Geronimo, she is needed to do the Aztec quest), I basically waste an action on someone's character event (sadly not Himiko or Billy - those would have been more useful). Probably best to take Guam, and then recruit the Aztecs next turn but that would leave you with a fiendishly difficult battle against Cook and Magellan though. I bailed out on that one. Manpower is simply too limited.

Kamehameha is quite useless (too limited troop numbers) and drains 4 turns before you actually get her. For a few more turns you get the Knights of the Round Table, and that is obviously the far better deal. So no point in recruiting her, before you have dealt with the Taika Empire. Technically Vinland is not needed for a rushing strategy, but you really need the manpower, Alwilda is pretty awesome, and Teach has 9 speed which is very useful at times as well.

After getting Montezuma, rush through the South Seas, and take Saigon as soon as possible (Oda can be really useful for that one). Then it is time to take on the Incas, up to Valparaiso, and take on Britannia / India as soon as you can. Ideally you do the three Britannia events in the same turn, so that you can send your A-team for that battle (since the two other events do not involve fighting). Before taking on Britannia, I invaded Australia (which technically is suboptimal, since that can wait until after you conquer China). Again, manpower will really help, and Jeanne d'Arc is pretty useful to provide criticals.

The Britannia battle against Balin, Tristan, Palamedes, Percival and Mordred is extremely tough. I massively lucked out on that one. Balin beserked Columbus, and for some reason afterwards no one bothered Columbus as she blew the middle row away(Tristan and Palamedes are not dangerous - in fact you could even aim to feed the enemy brave if Palamedes / Tristan are up next, so they can waste the brave on poison mist / that luck reduction attack - sometimes it is also a good idea to feed enemies brave if they will launch a brave consuming attack with high wait time). It is Mordred and Balin in particular who are nuisances), I pretty much would have accepted any victory without units getting killed. Columbus and Benkei (Benkei's Full Swing brave attack + Columbus work great on Payens) really saved my skin in that one and the follow up. Also it helps massively to save the game during the conversation AFTER the first battle, so that you can retry the second one, without having to go through the first one. Because sometimes you just get victories that are really not great (too many units killed, too few bonuses etc). Yes, I was outnumbered, but not too badly (all fighting units were above 2000)

Notice that after you have defeated that gang, it will take them two turns to land in India. Which is a good time to declare war on Macedonia, and wrap up some loose ends (eg. conquer a few more Inca cities, or Australian ones). Then deal with India, and you'll get your second healer in Bors. 3 brave is a lot, but healing 3000 units per go is quite useful, as you will be taking lots of damage by now.

After dealing with Britannia / India, you just steamroll through Macedonia, wrap up things against the Incas.Then take on China. China is big, but it provides just a few tough battles (the ones with Lu Bu). After conquering the Taikas and ending your turn you get your fourth action point. Then you can relax a bit - you probably will need to do some character events. I really don't see how you could win the battle in Carthage with just basic attacks, let alone some of the battles in the Dark Realm. Egypt might be doable, but you are not going to get extremely useful units from there.

Another thing is you need a lot of luck not getting swamped by defensive battles. Over the course of my ten turn war with the Incas (I was actually hoping for more defensive battles, so that I could get troop bonuses for my roster, especially the ones that could use a boost) just got three against them, and no other nation, Macedonia included attacked me more than once in this playthrough. In my Japanese version run, I sometimes had to deal with 3 or 4 attacks in the same turn. Really hard if you have a limited roster - you really don't want to send out 2 or 3 units if you can help it, because they will suffer heavy casualties against fresh troops.

ETA: My first playthrough I finished on turn 73. I could not read Japanese, so I had no idea that that was indeed the final battle. Obviously reloaded that one, and did all the character events + quest before finally beating it again on turn 183 or 184.

ETA2: Also, in timeless battles ALWAYS bring a healer. Even if your units barely survive, leave one harmless unit standing, as you heal up. That might cost you a rank or two, but saving the troops is usually well worth it.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 18 Votes