VN Ren'Py Elite Garden [Ep.3] [A&K Studio]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Sometimes we all have preferences that get in the way. Sometimes the story matters not to us and just want to collect all girls. For me, I can sometimes put away my preference and just roll with it. Others are more strict to what they want.
im fine with multiple endings or solo endings that contain the pathed LI.. so long as they dont do what writers like SuperWriter and Daniels K do when they end the story prematurly if you went on a specific character LI's route.. id much sooner get to the stories finish line with said character and see the whole tale through..
Additionally due to games like BAD and AoA, Summer Gone etc.. Ive gotten used to now setting save pages for each solo characters run in non harem games and its worked pretty well once you get into the more 'this is the path/girl' im choosing' episodes which we dont have to worry about yet

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
im fine with multiple endings or solo endings that contain the pathed LI.. so long as they dont do what writers like SuperWriter and Daniels K do when they end the story prematurly if you went on a specific character LI's route.. id much sooner get to the stories finish line with said character and see the whole tale through..
Additionally due to games like BAD and AoA, Summer Gone etc.. Ive gotten used to now setting save pages for each solo characters run in non harem games and its worked pretty well once you get into the more 'this is the path/girl' im choosing' episodes which we dont have to worry about yet
No argument from me. With some games I can do it, others, not so much.

InTheWoods

Apr 13, 2022
The biggest issue to me seems to be the phone feature and how it's making Mac and Linux users, unable to play. First of all, I have 0 knowledge on programming, working on Renpy was my first time seeing line of "codes". The phone was done by a very kind and helping hand. I really wanted to have it in for Ep1 but maybe that was my mistake. I'm going to discuss with him about the issue, but after seeing the feedback, it might be faster to take it away for now. In any case, it's gonna be look into.
First --> Thanks for sharing your game with us. We appreciate your work.

Also, everyone has to start somewhere ... your code mostly works, so that's good.

Here are some tips:
* Pretty much every platform other than Windows uses case-sensitive filenames. "Fred" is not the same as "fred", whether it's a file or directory. When in doubt, use all-lowercase.
* Python (and thus, Ren'Py) uses forward slashes in file paths, ALWAYS. Attempting to use backslashes leads to a big mess (as you noticed).
* Keep truckin' ...

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
No argument from me. With some games I can do it, others, not so much.
as ive been playing it the talent of the writing team is showing on this one.. If a title can make you care about each character, especially the girls your with in the scene, the same and bring in those thoughts of damn I like this character now too when i didnt think i would (KIARA) as an example, then its a credit to there ability to script and design the scene to the level of some of these triple A titles mentioned before.. in all honesty i hope this game gets mass support like they get cos its one id like to see have access to the same resources they get as well as give the team the motivation to possibly take this beyond the planned 10 episode arc

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
as ive been playing it the talent of the writing team is showing on this one.. If a title can make you care about each character, especially the girls your with in the scene, the same and bring in those thoughts of damn I like this character now too when i didnt think i would (KIARA) as an example, then its a credit to there ability to script and design the scene to the level of some of these triple A titles mentioned before.. in all honesty i hope this game gets mass support like they get cos its one id like to see have access to the same resources they get as well as give the team the motivation to possibly take this beyond the planned 10 episode arc
Yeah. I felt that in the Emily scene. Poor girl. So, I will be doing a save for her now. Kiara, I just want to help, not be her actual boyfriend.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Ok, I continued some more and found that there is a red-haired, freckled LI (Meera). I like the others too, but if I have to pick just one, this one wins hands down.

right now you can easily see one between butterfly girl (forgot the name) and Mina. A threesome is not really harem. HArem means a relationship with everyone at the same time.
I've always been of the opinion that threesomes are generally a way to introduce lesbian content into a game without people complaining.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Ok, I continued some more and found that there is a red-haired, freckled LI (Meera). I like the others too, but if I have to pick just one, this one wins hands down.

I've always been of the opinion that threesomes are generally a way to introduce lesbian content into a game without people complaining.
You can bet a 'who is your fav girl' Poll is coming soon for feedback lol

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hello everyone,

There is only one MC but I wrote "3 siblings" cause the family element is important to the story. No incest though. Sorry or not sorry? Also, it won't be an harem. If at some point you decide to go for multiple partners, it will, sooner or later, catch up to you ;)

Can you elaborate a bit more on that, please? If harem isn't possible, will there be polyamory routes?
If not, how long until the routes inevitably split? How long into the game, until the MC keeping all options open, will implode in their face?

I don't need a harem, but I do like polyamory and if a game has only single routes and more than 3-4 serious LIs, my interest tends to be down to two factors, how long until I have to split the parts, because I want to see as much content as possible in one play-through and how well the game is written.

Please understand, I am not at all trying to tell you how to go about your game or demand certain things, I am merely hoping you could give me some more information, before I go into this only to find out three updates in that I don't have the drive to go through route after route just to see all content.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: holaje12

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
You can bet a 'who is your fav girl' Poll is coming soon for feedback lol
For liking, I like them all, but in my game the only LI (or girl in general) with whom the MC is going to have a romantic relationship and sex scenes is with her. In fact I hope that really the only sex scenes I get during the game are between Meera and the MC, any other character's sex life is indifferent to me and I don't want to hear about it.

And obviously I'm not interested in threesomes.

• Haha
Reactions: Crowangel

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
I finally got time to catch up to the comments and would like to thank everyone for sharing their opinions. And I'm happy that some of you have enjoyed the game and the story so far.

The biggest issue to me seems to be the phone feature and how it's making Mac and Linux users, unable to play. First of all, I have 0 knowledge on programming, working on Renpy was my first time seeing line of "codes". The phone was done by a very kind and helping hand. I really wanted to have it in for Ep1 but maybe that was my mistake. I'm going to discuss with him about the issue, but after seeing the feedback, it might be faster to take it away for now. In any case, it's gonna be look into.

I will also try to answer some of the questions I've seen in the previous pages.

1. No incest. I knew Ari would be popular because she is cool but still no incest.

2. No, you won't see Ari fuck any dudes.

3. All the girls on the banner are main LIs. It pretty much means they all have character's arc planned already. But that doesn't mean they will be the only girls you can fool around with in the future. There will be side girls (and new main LI) but they will be introduced later.

4. There is no harem. You might be able to fool around with some of them at the same time but you won't end up with everyone.

5. The choices don't have serious consequences for now, but they will add on later.

6. Girls are not romantically forced on the MC. Some event will happen, like in Ep1 but you have the choice to not take it further if you aren't interested. You won't be forced to sleep with anyone for the storyline.

7. We have planned for around 10 episodes with, hopefully, a dev time of minimum 2 episodes per year. Atton is already well advanced in Ep2 and I will start writing Ep3 soon.

We know the story is not revolutionary or even challenging like some would put it but that wasn't the point. It's a first try for Atton and I, my first time writing anything so we want to stay simple and just put out an enjoyable game with compelling characters. Did we go for safety? Yes, but safety also gives us reassurance and confidence we can keep the quality until the game is complete because we will complete it.

Again, thanks for the comments. We are very open about constructive criticisms since we are still learning and we want to get better, so keep them coming ;)

Have a good day,
K
thank you for your answers and clearing up alot of our questions, but the one i still want to know is will Coach Lorrie be considered a side girl character we can have some lewd action with or is she lesbian or S&M bdsm dominatrix?
coachscreenshot0001.png

Reactions: botc76

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Xibi Only nit pick i'll add is to add a to be continued or a save here for next update screen before it goes back to the main menu aside from that well done you got a title of the month here

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
right now you can easily see one between butterfly girl (forgot the name) and Mina. A threesome is not really harem. HArem means a relationship with everyone at the same time.
Personally, I don't understand why to have a threesome and then later have to choose between LIs.

Anyway, since I don't like lesbian sex, threesomes don't excite me. Honestly seeing two LIs having sex with the occasional participation of the MC isn't appeling.

Reactions: battali0n

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Only thing missing from future episodes will be to have a DJ Kink (artemis) and Lexi (Leap of Faith) cameo :)

Speaking of.. Did anyoone else see several MC-B.A.Dik cameos in the crowd lol

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
will the girl with blue hair that works on restaurant that gives us a burger (i think its jessica) will be a LI? will we see susie with a good t-shirt instead of that shirts see uses? will the girl with goth make up that appear in class and in the place where meera and ari are together be a LI too?
Atton563

teamur

Jan 31, 2023
Xibi, if you make a character with red hair, don't forget the eyebrows. With black eyebrows she looks fake. And the freckles could look better being a bit lighter (less opaque).

Reactions: rdmsvg

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
i feel like non harem stories are usually better my main problem when a game is non harem is usually there is more than one Li im interested in and i honestly dont have time to have multiple playthroughs. plus when devs inevitably change code and break saves its easier to get back to where i was with a harem path compared to a bunch of saves.

Xibi

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2021
Hello,

Dropping by quickly to say the phone for Linux/Mac has been discussed with my nice programmer. He's going to look into it so phone's gonna stay. It will, of course, be polished for Ep2.

I wanted to have it for Ep1 already cause it gives a little background to the MC (All messages and bubbles that are visible right at the start are from pre-Ep1) but I did not expect the technical issues...well, if you don't make mistakes, you don't learn after all.

- The transition in some scenes: I know it needs works, I will work to improve and might correct it with future patches.

- Threesome: There won't be any force sex scene. If you want to keep it in your pants, you can try :sneaky:

- For Susie's future outfits, I'd let Atton563 answer, he's the Visual Dev.

- Coach Lorrie, as of now, no plan on her being a main LI. She could be a one time thing or a side LI (there is potential for drama with her)

For certain questions about the girls, it's not that we don't have answers or don't want to reply you but we don't want to spoil. I'll understand if you want to walk away and come back when there are more eps out.

- I've added a last render for the "Please save here", just need to figure out how to patch it before I post it and reupload the game links.
Thanks for pointing it out, I knew I forgot something.

We planned for 10 eps because it's a good enough number to tell a story with an ending. If we don't get support, at least, we can still push for a proper finish.

That said, MC is in his first year, so yes, there is potential for a longer story if somehow, we are lucky and the game has good support for us to go longer. For me, it's easier to add story line than take or shorten them out.

But I must say, I'm happy that feedback on the characters have been good so far.

Thanks everyone and have a good day.
K

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes