Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Developer Update #1

TLDR:
1) You're amazing and I really appreciate your support
2) I am starting work on episode 2
3) 'Slim' version of E1 will replace old with smaller size and bug fixes - soon
4) Episode 1 feedback form (anonymous) -

1) Hi everyone, welcome to my Patreon! Firstly thank you so much for supporting/following me after playing episode 1. I'm so hyped up by how many people have played Elmwood already and how many amazing people have decided to support me. I'm really taken aback by the amount of wholesome messages and advice I've received directly and indirectly. Thank you all for the kind words and support, I've never felt motivation as powerful as what I have now.
2) I am now starting work on episode 2. Right after releasing E1 I took a few days off away from home to celebrate but now I am back and ready to cook. E2 is planned out, and I'm now drafting the script and creating the environments. The remaining 8 main characters are all designed and I'm really excited to introduce them in E2. I'd love to give a date for E2 but as I've only just started the real work on it I cannot at this time.
3) I'm really proud of E1 but it had some issues that can be quickly fixed and I'll be doing this in the coming days. There will not be any major changes to E1 as I want to focus on E2 as much as possible but there will be several bug fixes and the total file size will be slimmer.
4) As you may have heard me talk about on the discord, I've created a google form to give feedback on E1. This is very quick and will be of massive help to me but I will not be doing any complete redesigns of any characters, it's more so I can see what people are having the most and least fun doing. You can also ask me any questions about Elmwood at the end, I will answer the popular questions so long as I can do so without spoilers.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

E1 has now been replaced by E1 Slim Edition. The changes are all listed below but are generally minor with the exception of some large bug fixes. This version does not offer any new content but it is smaller in file size and now everything should be working as intended. My apologies to anyone who struggled to see all the content due to bugs.

Changes:
  • Normal images converted to .webp for efficiency
  • Standardised writing of Love and Lust on character screens (now always bold when referring to the stat)
  • The girls now gain +1 Lust if you enter the hot tub naked, allowing for Lydia's hot tub scene to happen as intended
  • Improved logic for blowjob competition
  • Added thanks to the ultraviolet subscribers in the credits (message me if you are UltraViolet and do NOT want your Patreon username in the credits)
  • A couple of very small grammar improvements
  • Removed duplicate scene transition
  • End of episode choice recap of entering the hot tub naked now correctly in black and white
  • Corrected a line of dialogue where Selina would refer to the player as Max instead of their chosen name. (thanks Gally2501)
  • Having sex with Chelsea now correctly adds to your bodycount and total sex (thanks Gally2501)
  • Fixed boolean logic issue in the blowjob competition (thanks Gally2501)
  • Fixed issue where Chelsea would talk about Lydia's hot tub sex even if it didn't happen (thanks Alphawave1737 and others)

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Elmwood University [Ep. 1 Slim] [WickedWare] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [153 MB]
- - -

Mac [Size]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [153 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac [Size]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Thanks

Reactions: MAGO-DAG and Bob69

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [153 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac [Size]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Thanks as always! pepe-booba.gif

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I've made a walkthrough/gallery unlocker for this game

Features:
  • Unlocks replay scenes
  • Shows points gained in dialogue choices
  • Lowered some point requirements for scenes
  • Fixed some choices getting reset on game load

Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN
Will you be updating your mod for this bug-fix release (Ep. 1 Slim)?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Features:
  • Unlocks replay scenes

Having taken a look at the changes to the files which you mod, it appears that your script.rpy file will crater because of the changes from jpg to webp in the "Slim" release.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ElmwoodUniversity-EP1Slim
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Edit: Updated for EP1 Slim

Features:
  • Unlocks replay scenes

Thank you for updating your mod to the Ep. 1 - Slim release (y):)

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Last chance to fill in the google form! After this weekend I will disable new responses so that I can collate and analyse the results. I will share the results with you all (most likely on Tuesday) and then we can look at some interesting things - like how you've all ranked the E1 characters from most to least attractive and such. I will also be answering the questions at the end of the form when I release the results.
Thank you to everyone who has already filled in the form!

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Some of the dialogue choices are really funny in this game, especially the very blunt ones.

LillyKat

Dec 11, 2019
Very good start. This was one of the few that made it into the "I can't wait for the update" pile.
For me, I keep TONS of VNs on a separate drive. I have this one in my favorites folder for these reasons:
1. The story - It does have a few holes init so far but I skim read sometimes so I may have missed something AND it is very early so I assume things will make more sense as we get more into the story.
2. It is obviously not realistic, but not too crazy silly so it does fit within the bounds of fantasy and imagination.
3. The renders and model choices are quality. The models all have different looks and shapes and sizes. Not enough variation for my taste but there is a difference. Personally, I am VERY tired of every VN having the huge asses and absurdly large breasts. It just gets old and its like they are all made by kids. This one does have a bit of that but it stays within the limits of absurd.
4. You can tell the devs have put love into this which gives me hope that it will progress at least through most of the story. The spelling and grammar are polished, the models and lighting were taken care of and it seems like they actually are making a project they care about and not trying to cash grab.
I hope you give this one a try. If it's your thing, support the Dev. If you don't feel comfortable with funding the project, at least do a review or share it or something. We need more promising projects in the works.
There will probably be a few of the neckbeards coming out of the woodwork to overly criticize it, but it is a promising start and worth the disc space, especially for an early version release.
Thanks for a good game so far, devs.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Mostrar menos
Here's an overview of the survey you completed. I've highlighted the key points here but I've also attached the full data for anyone who wants to take a closer look, or if anyone fancies making some graphs for fun - like a hot vs crazy graph. Also please feel free to comment away on this - would love to hear your thoughts!
Thank you to the 79 of you who completed the poll. Let's take a look at what you said:

Dialogue:

92% of you rated the dialogue as either a 4 or 5 which is such an incredible compliment to me and I'm really glad you enjoy the dialogue.

Choices:

88.5% of you were happy with the frequency of the choices.

Attractiveness overview:
1) Ella - 9.25
2) Taylor - 8.70
3) Chelsea - 8.61
4) Katie - 8.59
5) Lydia - 8.46
6) Violet - 7.81
7) Chloe - 7.77
8) Paris - 7.76
9) Jordan - 7.52
10) Selina - 7.28

In classic Ella fashion she decimated the competition was the clear winner here. I'm really happy with how high Ella was rated - makes me wonder how she would compare in a survey comparing the hottest girls from various games...
Overall the E1 girls were rated 8.15 on average which I'm pleased with. While I wish Selina was tiny bit higher I really can't complain and I'm going to interpret that 7.28 as meaning that people are still attracted to her, just less so than the others.

Of the ones at the bottom, Selina's results look like a normal distribution around 7 so there's a lot of agreement on her between you guys. On the other hand, Violet has quite an interesting pattern - her most common vote was 10 (22 people) but she has a lot of votes in the range 4-9 and someone even rated her a 2 :( But overall 7.81 is quite respectable.

Jordan scored a lot of 10s, a lot of 8s, but also a lot of lower votes which brought her down to the second lowest. Chloe scored better than Jordan and had a much more predictable pattern with most of her votes around 8.
From Violet and Jordan we can see that the most disagreement on attractiveness happens when we discuss the alternative looking girls.

Personality overview:
1) Chelsea - 8.53

2) Katie - 8.49

3) Lydia - 8.46

4) Ella - 8.42

5) Violet - 8.09

6) Paris - 7.78

7) Chloe - 7.58

8) Taylor - 7.44

9) Jordan - 6.54

10) Selina - 5.97

Chelsea narrowly tops the very tightly contested personality charts. The three cheerleaders all scored exceptionally high and Katie was the only one who managed to stop them taking all three top spots. The sad pattern here is to once again see Jordan and Selina at the bottom.

Selina actually scored votes on every single number 0-10 for her personality and it's quite spread out which is very interesting. Jordan also scored votes on every number but hers are much more concentrated around her average value with less disagreement than her looks.

Overall I'm really not very concerned by any of these - I think it would be weird if everyone had exceptionally likeable personalities from the moment you met them. But hopefully some of the lower rated characters might grow on you as the story progresses.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Summary of Survey Results (1/2) Continued because it got too big

Do you like how the protagonist looks?

85.9% of people were happy with the MC's appearance. What did really surprise me though is that of the 6 written comments, 5 of them suggested the MC be more muscular. I'm honestly very surprised by this and I wonder if it would have got more votes if I listed more muscular as an option. I'm very curious to know why some people are keen on him being more muscular - I'm very eager to hear your thoughts but if I'm being honest I'm very unlikely to change him in this regard. For an 18 year old I think he's in good shape and is very attractive.

Is the dick too big...

The responses here are pretty split. Not going to take any action right now but may in future.

What do you think of Harem Wars (card game)?
63.3% of people like HaremWars.

A couple of comments talking about special cards in future, very sorry to disappoint you but as things currently stand I don't have plans to introduce cards with additional effects. My idea behind HW is more for the collectible aspect, I'm hoping that players find enjoyment from growing their deck and acquiring rare cards. For example you get a gold card in E1 based on whoever is your first kiss. I quite like using HW as a way to reward certain moments like this.

Several other people talking about it staying optional - yes let me just say this crystal clear:

You will never have to play HaremWars, nor will you ever need to have played it to unlock an erotic scene.

Admittedly, you did gain a love point with Violet the very first time you defeated her in E1. This was probably a mistake as even if I could do this while being true to my statement above, it's not in the spirit of it being completely optional so I will be removing any love gains from playing HW.

Areas for improvement:

Very very split here which is a great sign - if everyone agreed on one area then that area would clearly be awful. The most common pick though at 18.6% was the choices. Which is interesting when we consider the very high satisfaction from the frequency of choices in the start of the survey. So I assume people voting for this are talking about the impact and/or quality of choices. Perhaps some of the choices were too binary - 'be a great guy or be a dick' I'll be trying to make choices feel better in E2.

Few people mentioning my coding - very valid lol, I did make a number of mistakes in E1 which sucked, but thank you so much to those of you who have pointed out bugs and errors. If you do see anything that doesn't look right, please send a message in the bugs chat on discord.

Some critical comments on the story which are similar to what I've seen some reviews say - I don't think it's meaningful to comment on the story after the first episode. I wanted the start to be fun and wild and to an extent, confusing. You are the protagonist and he doesn't know what's going on so neither do you. I really really did not want to start my game in a way that I consider to be boring like "This is me. I am..... What is the MC's motherly figure called? (Default Landlady)" I'm really not into slow starts like that. If you think the story are garbage once you're halfway through the game then that's fine, but until then please be patient, a good story doesn't play its whole hand immediately.

14.3% of people highlighting HaremWars for improvement - would you let me know what you think needs improvement? Is it that you really really really want special cards? Was Violet too difficult/easy? Are there some bugs?

Duration E1

This is about what I was aiming for, I'd like episodes to be around 45 mins and we seem to have about half of people either side of 40.

Long answer feedback and questions on the next post

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Mostrar menos
Thank you so much to all the nice comments, It means a lot and is really inspiring but to keep this as short as I can I won't post them here.
Really sorry that I can't reply to everyone but here goes:

First let me answer the question I'm sure you care about the most.
How often do you think plan to publish updates? The release was very big but how big are the updates and how often?
Is there any tentative update schedule?
Generally what will be the release time for each episode?
how many episodes(approximately) do you plan on releasing each year?
How long it takes to make a new episode?
Chapter 2 release data
Let me say a two things and then try to give you an answer and also a promise.
1) Firstly, I am committed to this. Full time. The ~£250 I currently have pledged by you amazing generous people is the only money I've earned since I quit my job. I'm working on Elmwood 12-15 hours each day and I'm loving it. I literally need to release episodes quickly to survive so that more people will join my patreon so please know it is my priority above everything else in my life. It really is my life right now and will be until it's finished.
2) Episodes will get released quicker over time. Episode 2 will most likely take the longest to produce, followed by E3. This is because the early episodes require me to spend time on things that I won't have to in future. For example, I had to design Katie's bedroom even though you were only in it for 5 minutes in E1. When we have another scene in her room in future, that environment is already designed for us to jump right into. To an extent this also applies to other things - like I've already modeled Chelsea's signature sex position, so it should be quick to use that the next time. With E2 there are a bunch of environments I have to design (which are almost all done now) but that took some time.
So saying that... I am aiming to release E2 in 3 months - June. I recognize that this feels like a long time and the truth is I can't even promise June, but I am confident that it can be done. If for some reason it is not done by the end of June, I will be pausing all sub payments until it is. So as for my promise:
If an episode takes more than 3 months, your subscription will be free for any months it is delayed.
After E2, I would expect E3 to take a similar amount of time but after that episodes should be quicker as I'll have pretty much everything ready to go, backed up with increased experienced of how I can do things quicker. I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but above everything the one thing I will not compromise on is quality. I want to release chunky, 45 minute episodes of exceptional quality with around 3 sex scenes each and other hot scenes to go with. If any of you decide that you no longer wish to support me I won't take offense. Similarly if you wanted to pause your sub until E2 I won't take offense. Your support is such an incredible thing and I will never take it for granted, and I certainly don't want to come across as someone who milks patreon, which is why I've made that 3 month or free guarantee (kinda catchy lol).

Enough about that, let's look at the other questions because I want to get back to working on E2.

I enjoy the game so far. The choice frequency was good, but it did feel like some were just outright wrong/filler choices. I hope more choices will feel like viable alternatives in the future. I hope there will be some wide variety in the girls (personally hoping for at least one innocent type with slim build/smaller assets).
This is a very fair comment, some choices were just outright wrong and it's not the right way for me to present you with choices. It's something I'm working on to improve in E2. No spoilers but I'm pretty confident there will be a girl you'll like in E2.

Bios is too long. Its supposed to be easy and fast to freshen your memory about each character imo.
You're not the only person to say this and I get what you mean. I wanted to do bios a bit differently to other games. The information you'd normally get from a short bio is kinda just elsewhere on the page - if you want a refresher on who Lydia is you can immediately see that she's 20, a third year drama student, best friends with Ella and Chelsea and the captain of the cheer squad. In her choices screen you can also clearly see your history with her. Similarly with Katie you can see her basic info and then her perk 'Romantic' will remind you that she loves romance and that's a better angle than being overly sexual. So I wanted to use the majority of the characters page to convey that info that refreshes your memory in a fun, easy to read way while saving the bios for something more.
Too much info given in profiles and bios, lessens the mystery of dialogue and choices.
And similarly some have said this but I do disagree. You can't tell me what exactly the protagonist did for Violet in school. You can't tell me how how Taylor betrayed Selina. I want the characters to feel so real with rich stories and histories that there is an ocean of information to learn about each of them. Please be assured that they don't just have one story that's shaped their life. And even if I laid out everything in a character's history - I can still work with that because I want the present to be interesting, not the past. I want the story to develop as you play, not just have a story that is gradually revealed.
So I've hope I've justified why I think I can get away with this, as for why I've done it in the first place it's simply because I want you to choose when you're in the mood for some extra reading. I want dialogue to be concise and not waffly, and I certainly don't want to bore you if you're dying to get to the next sex scene. So this is kinda my solution to that.

as its only the first episode its forgivable but talent point system isnt explained fully and questions arise if the scholar tree is a must early game so that u can get more points to spend after lectures, exams, homework or how big the impact of it is as we dont know how many points we would get from lectures, exams etc with or without it and if its the only way to get points
So firstly let me say that it's going to be possible to achieve most endings without the use of any perks. My idea with perks is to add another dimension of fun choices that reward you in small ways. I don't think any perk is super overpowered but I do want you to think carefully. A couple of the more difficult main characters will be very difficult to seduce and will require certain perks.
But let me try and explain things a little better:
1) No perk will increase the amount of skill points you gain. You're right that this would be auto-buy which is why I haven't done it.
2) Skillpoints will be earned from studying and learning. There will be a couple of choices that can earn a few extra skillpoints but for the most part everyone will be earning them at a fairly consistent rate. You will gain on average 30 skill points per episode, but you'll gain these after certain moments, rather than just arbitrarily at the start. I want to award them after lectures and studying so that the purpose of these things is very evident. It also makes it very costly if you ever decide to skip a lecture.

Animations look good, but when cumming in a scene, I think it would be good if the camera is shaking little like in other similar games. E.g.Desert Stalker, no matter when, if the MC is cumming, bo matter where, the camera shakes multiple times, which I personally liked much better. But thats just me.
I might playtest a little shaking. I think I was put off because I played a VN, not going to name but it did this so excessively and the screen shook for about 5 seconds and I found it so annoying lol. But I might look into this. If other people are keen on screen shake please
comment.

Please don't force any sexual actions upon MC. Keep it all optional as it is for now.
100%. No erotic scene will ever be forced. I remember another game (not going to name) had this option where this girl asks if you want to fuck her and if you say no she just says "Too bad you're not in control here"... ummm am I being raped?

I cannot express how much I hate that so please be assured everything sexual will be optional.

There are several bugs in the logic script. Adding Taylor's love points to Katie's was the most egregious.
Yeah... my mistake. Quite an annoying issue because Taylor's love is of course hidden so well done spotting this in my files. Please in future report any bugs in the discord bugs chat (especially if you found any others already?)

There's a number of bugs in episode 1. For example, Chelsea not registering as being the one to steal your virginity even if you avoid Selina's and Lydia's scenes. It's the first release so it's fine for now. The MC should talk some more too, he's feels like some plank that gets swept by the current.
Apologies, this was a big not fixed in the slim version but will be corrected by E2. The talking comment is interesting and I think there's a lot of truth to it (in E1). In E1 the protagonist is completely out of his depth and lost, which is why he talks less than those he's engaged with. As his confidence grows though, you can expect him to start to lead conversations.

The Tits off all girls to big. A lot off small tits woud be fine.
Several smaller boobs girls coming in E2.

Wel i went to the girls pages everytime to see the outcome of my answers if the scores went up. That took al lot of loading . Maybe a small notification that the girl in question liked your answer or wen she doesnt like it.
I get why you do this and I sometimes do it when I play a VN but I really don't want people to. Instead of you having to look at their numbers I want players to rather look at their reaction - if they smile, laugh, frown etc. I don't want the game to be a cycle of rewinding and selecting optimal choices. It's something I'm always thinking about and it is a bit of a problem.

The story is boring the girls are nice u can make good game out of it if u change the mini games maybe better sex scenes
Would kill to know what would make the sex scenes better for you guys. Really should have had something for that in the poll but if you want to comment anything below I would so appreciate it.

More choice and consquences... Where to finish (cum inside/outside) and pregnancy!!!
Pregnancy will be in the game but I can't have the possibility for you to get a main character pregnant in E1 of a 21 episode game. The consequences of it would mean me having to render every image that character is in twice - a pregnant and non pregnant version including animations. Similarly imagine the possibilities where there's an image of just 4 girls but you could have gotten any of them pregnant. I would need to render 16(?) frames just for that one frame to account for all possibilities. That's why VN's don't have these options super super early on for main characters, BUTTTTT there will 100% be pregnancy options for every character, just much later in the game. Of course a woman will be pregnant for several months without it actually showing - so this will allow main characters to get pregnant in the mid and late game while still making the rendering possible.

Side characters on the other hand.... if you creampie a non main character even very early on then be prepared for the possibility that they do get knocked up.

ARE THERE GUYS IN ELMWOOD??? lol
Looool. Yep (tragically) other guys do exist at Elmwood but in my design for the game I want you to interact with women as much as possible as I think that's what people have the most fun doing. You will have some interactions with males but these will typically be brief conversations.

Will this game furiously try to educated the player? (that's one of the impressions the 1st episode gave me, unfortunately you had to start your story with the MC in a Feminist group, don't know)
This is something I'd like to answer - I'm sorry it gave you that impression but no, I do not want Elmwood to preach in any way to the player. But obviously different characters have their own ideas about how you should behave - Katie thinks you should study hard and fall in love. Lydia thinks you should party and have fun. There are feminists in Elmwood because there are feminists at any university. Of course they would love it if you agreed with their values but that's in the same way to any other characters.

Any more black girls/LIs? I really like Paris, second to Chels.
I'm afraid Paris is the only black main character. There will be other black non main characters though. On the subject of race there will be 2 east Asian main characters coming in E2. Truth be told I kinda wish the main girls were a little more diverse in race but they were simply the 18 hottest characters I designed out of many.

What AVN's have you played and what were your inspirations?
Played way too many but much fewer since starting Elmwood. I'm sure a lot of people would guess that Being a Dik is an inspiration here but it's really not. Saying that, solo devs like Dr Pinkcake are very inspiring and they act as proof that it is possible for me to succeed. I have enormous respect for all solo devs because I know how hard I work lol. But let me name a few of games I'm very impressed by:

Milfylicious - Haven't played all of it but I played the start and loved the energy. The gameplay seems like: Have sex at this location. Have sex at this next location. Have sex in the limo as we drive you to the next sex location. Sounds stupid but I fucking love it. It's just a game that puts fun first and then explains the story as you go. I think a lot of devs could learn from it, I certainly did.

University of problems - Also haven't played all of it but this game has some of the best sex animations I've ever seen. Very very impressed and incredibly jealous.

Where the heart is - I've played almost all of this and I think it's a phenomenal game. What I think is most impressive is the choice - lots of characters and the incredible flexibility to do so much with each of them while accounting for your other relations. It's a really fun experience and I think I still have some things to learn from WTHI.

give us more episodes or make it into interactive open world some kind of summer time saga probably
I don't want to make it into an open world game sorry.

Harem end?
Yes, harem endings will be in the game and harem element will appear in the mid game. (Threesomes and such will appear much earlier though, not E2 but possibly even E3).

Will it be possible to fill out the entire skill tree? Will we be able to have the option to respec in case we want to try out different skills and see if they have different effects on scenes?
By the end of the game, yes. In terms of respec I don't have any plans to currently but I'm not totally ruling it out.

If you've read this far I'm impressed. Sorry if this is written horribly I wanted to do this quickly so haven't really proofread. Really sorry if you had a question I didn't answer here, as always you are more than welcome to drop me a private message and I will do my best answer whatever is on your mind.

Jesus Condom

Feb 11, 2020
I like the idea, I like the execution, I like the art, all good so far....
But has anyone stopped to consider if EIGHTEEN love interests might be a bit too many to handle??

I mean EIGHTEEN? that's more variations than a Burger King menu. I'm not big a fan of harem games cuz it never develops the characters properly (since there's so many) so after I fall in love with a specific character I have to wait 17 more cycles till I see her again.

Reactions: cumsumnida
4.60 star(s) 23 Votes