VN Ren'Py Completed Elsaverse: Transitions [Ep. 1-7] [Tora Productions]

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
So I do love your stories, but after finishing this one, there seems to be a glaring tag missing. Sometimes I'm okay with it, but I like to know it's coming. I'm going to play the next one, 'cause I really do like your stories. But even though you telegraphed it pretty hard, I double-checked 'cause I wanted to prepare.

Now I need a break from this story. Life isn't always fair, and nothing wrong with telling that story, but isn't the whole point of the tags to give people a choice of what types of stories they want to experience?
I don't choose the tags on these threads, but which one are you looking for here?

Tlaero

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I don't choose the tags on these threads, but which one are you looking for here?

Tlaero
Ha ... My oh-so-observant ass just realized neither of you have control of the OP on this thread. And you already said, even though it's the Elsaverse, it was Chloe's story. It won't be the first story I struggle to continue reading because a character I like changes beyond me liking them. And I suppose a version of mind control doesn't have to count as cheating, but those two were the entry to your story, so I'll have to let that stew a while before I'm ready to find out how (if) it's resolved.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ha ... My oh-so-observant ass just realized neither of you have control of the OP on this thread. And you already said, even though it's the Elsaverse, it was Chloe's story. It won't be the first story I struggle to continue reading because a character I like changes beyond me liking them. And I suppose a version of mind control doesn't have to count as cheating, but those two were the entry to your story, so I'll have to let that stew a while before I'm ready to find out how (if) it's resolved.
Chloe's story hasn't changed, in fact you can find out exactly what happened to her in Saving Chloe.

The whole original Elsaverse group of games all lead up to that moment and all the things she went through are mentioned a few times.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Chloe's story hasn't changed, in fact you can find out exactly what happened to her in Saving Chloe.

The whole original Elsaverse group of games all lead up to that moment and all the things she went through are mentioned a few times.
Oh, I finished everything and read everything right up to the end of Transitions.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh, I finished everything and read everything right up to the end of Transitions.
Did you play the 4 original Elsaverse games?

Chloes story is gone over a few times. Miranda goes into some detail being her old best friend. There is one scene in Saving Chloe where she wants to fuck on her dads desk to get a bit of payback over what he did to her.

That aside, it is mentioned what her dad put her through and why she had to break up with her boyfriend when they were younger. The whole point of Saving chloe was her getting over her past and her boyrfirne showing her she can be loved despite what she went through.

The biggest detail is one of the side stories in Finding Miranda when the MC talks to his ex and finds out Chloes dad was prostituting her and Chloe.

If you read all the storylines there are some pretty dark elements dotted around but Chloes back story is grim as fuck and always has been.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Did you play the 4 original Elsaverse games?

Chloes story is gone over a few times. Miranda goes into some detail being her old best friend. There is one scene in Saving Chloe where she wants to fuck on her dads desk to get a bit of payback over what he did to her.

That aside, it is mentioned what her dad put her through and why she had to break up with her boyfriend when they were younger. The whole point of Saving chloe was her getting over her past and her boyrfirne showing her she can be loved despite what she went through.

The biggest detail is one of the side stories in Finding Miranda when the MC talks to his ex and finds out Chloes dad was prostituting her and Chloe.

If you read all the storylines there are some pretty dark elements dotted around but Chloes back story is grim as fuck and always has been.
I know ... I can't tell you why this effects me in a way that Chloe's backstory doesn't. Maybe it's because it's happening at the "end" of Jason and Elsa's story? Maybe it's because the dynamic of the four couples at the end of Saving Chloe seemed so strong, and now its broken. I don't know.

My favorite of the transition stories was the skype story, if that gives any insight into my reactions.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I know ... I can't tell you why this effects me in a way that Chloe's backstory doesn't. Maybe it's because it's happening at the "end" of Jason and Elsa's story? Maybe it's because the dynamic of the four couples at the end of Saving Chloe seemed so strong, and now its broken. I don't know.

My favorite of the transition stories was the skype story, if that gives any insight into my reactions.
Well, if it helps you, Jason and Elsa aren't mentioned at all in Chasing Beth, so you can at least keep playing the Elsaverse and see how life is going for other characters.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I'm sorry that I'm being dense, but I still don't know what disturbed you about Trasitions. It sounds like you're talking about Chloe getting engaged. What kind of tag would we add to warn you about that?

Tlaero

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I'm sorry that I'm being dense, but I still don't know what disturbed you about Trasitions. It sounds like you're talking about Chloe getting engaged. What kind of tag would we add to warn you about that?

Tlaero
I guess it's "cheating", because of Jason.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Tlaero
I guess it's "cheating", because of Jason.
It's all on me ... but yea, it's this. I also acknowledge (after reflection) that it's not JUST cheating, but yea, I guess I got too invested in the four "core" couples ... which means you did a good job.

Reactions: L0MBR0

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I think that if there was a "cheating" tag, people would assume that they can have sex with everything that moves and would be angry when they learned that they can't.

As for the content of the story, if there's no conflict, there's no story. The only way we can have characters like Jason in stories beyond their primary one is for there to be some kind of conflict. And, while it can end well (this storyline isn't over) conflict by its nature, puts characters in uncomfortable situations.

The real problem with Jason isn't what happened in the last episode. It's what happened in the previous 6. His relationship with Elsa is strained (and it's her fault). Elsa has some growing to do before they can fix that.

Tlaero

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I think that if there was a "cheating" tag, people would assume that they can have sex with everything that moves and would be angry when they learned that they can't.

As for the content of the story, if there's no conflict, there's no story. The only way we can have characters like Jason in stories beyond their primary one is for there to be some kind of conflict. And, while it can end well (this storyline isn't over) conflict by its nature, puts characters in uncomfortable situations.

The real problem with Jason isn't what happened in the last episode. It's what happened in the previous 6. His relationship with Elsa is strained (and it's her fault). Elsa has some growing to do before they can fix that.

Tlaero
I did say I thought you did a good job ... but yea, I can see the problem there.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
It's all on me ... but yea, it's this. I also acknowledge (after reflection) that it's not JUST cheating, but yea, I guess I got too invested in the four "core" couples ... which means you did a good job.
Yeah, my beef exactly. I mean it's Tlaero's story and that's all good and well, but I haven't got time for cheating cunts, period. Fortunately the previous stories are complete enough for me to give this one a miss. Just like the last James Bond flick lol!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Yeah, my beef exactly. I mean it's Tlaero's story and that's all good and well, but I haven't got time for cheating cunts, period. Fortunately the previous stories are complete enough for me to give this one a miss. Just like the last James Bond flick lol!
Right - only the male characters should get to cheat.

Marco6661

Apr 25, 2018
Just like violence, infidelity is part of the things that exist, even if it seems to be more a guy thing than a girl thing, although...

I personally don't find anything shocking to show the weakness of a character, considering the context of the story.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I personally don't find anything shocking to show the weakness of a character, considering the context of the story.
I think it's less about the story and more about the 4 main stories being quite vanilla romance.

If someone hasn't played all the scenes in them then they would assume they all got their happy ever after (except Miranda really who still hasn't found a cure).

Seeing the sweet guy we first played when romancing Elsa start to cheat on her in her own bed could be quite the hit to some people.

Much like Chloe's back story really. Considering how light hearted the romance arks are on the whole, Chloe's whole backstory is really dark.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
It's my intent that Chloe's past makes her present all the more satisfyingly good. As for Jason, there's a lot going on with him, some of which hasn't been revealed yet. But I don't see him as a villain.

Tlaero

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
I think it's less about the story and more about the 4 main stories being quite vanilla romance.

If someone hasn't played all the scenes in them then they would assume they all got their happy ever after (except Miranda really who still hasn't found a cure).

Seeing the sweet guy we first played when romancing Elsa start to cheat on her in her own bed could be quite the hit to some people.
I definitely fall in the "some people" category here. I find myself getting invested in these stories (rather than viewing it from the third person's perspective) and so with Jason, I kinda assumed his role in the story (even when we didn't get the option of changing to our own name). So when "the sweet guy we first played when romancing Elsa start to cheat on her in her own bed" it's like me being forced to become a cheater which is something I thoroughly despise, hence the end of the story for me. I'm not judging Tlaero's direction here, but I kinda blame her for making these stories so damn immersive and that's paying a compliment. I enjoyed Elsaverse up until recent developments and will replay those early stories from time to time.

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes