Worlaix

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2018
Oh... there are 271 responses in total and I had 5 unread ones at the time of reading your post, so I assumed the most detailed one of the lot was you. Regardless, if you want to discuss anything in particular, feel free to hop into the discord channel and ask - or just PM me here if you prefer.

As for the current results of the graph and other tidbits - I will post them in my discord channel soon (after I finish a paper for school that's due in 2 hours :HideThePain:)

Reactions: KingWeWuz

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Finally got around to playing the update. Been too preoccupied with Venus Blood Hollow lol. Loved Becky and Trisha's characterizations this update. All the characters are so well realized. Hmm anyways, keep up the good work! Nothing much to add this time around on my end. The "peaceful days" portion of the introduction is something that is often glossed over in a story like this, and I am glad that Worlaix is spending his time on the setting and world building, as well as setting up the potential plot points that will serve as the sources of conflict. I am very excited about how the story will develop when shit starts hitting the fan and the peaceful village life is disturbed.

Reactions: Worlaix

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
0.3 and ic_mod contains 2 pictures... i wait a couple of years before i check in again.
Hey, so looking at the tags there doesnt seem to be sexual content yet? Is there content yet?
Thx
On the OP and in the Developer Notes section, Worlaix specifically says that real erotic content won't happen until probably around Episode 6 or 7. So I would wait until Episode 6 is released at least before expecting the kinds of scenes in which you both have indicated interest. It is planned, but it is some ways off yet. (All of this is, of course, subject to change if Worlaix decides on a change in that plan.)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
FYI, obviously normally the saves for the game are found in the saves folder where you've installed your copy of the game
(such as C:\games\Elvensang — Episode 3\game\saves for instance). However, if you ever need to access the saves and the folder above won't work for you, you should look for a folder called PROJECT-1606751108 at the main saves location on your device/machine. For instance, on Windows the location is:
C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\PROJECT-1606751108

On other systems, it will be wherever the primary Ren'Py saves are found. I figured I would note that here now so it's available should anyone in the future need access to that folder instead. (Perhaps this will only be a reminder to me myself for later. :oops:)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
BTW, Worlaix, did you redo the structure of your story? We initially started with the Prologue, then we had Chapter 1 Part 1, and now we have Episode 3.

Worlaix

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2018
BTW, Worlaix, did you redo the structure of your story? We initially started with the Prologue, then we had Chapter 1 Part 1, and now we have Episode 3.
Yeah, I did - it's mentioned under minor changes in the changelog. I have mapped out endings for each chapter which is why I initially used the CHxPy format, but seeing something like Chapter 3 Part 2 wouldn't convey how many episodes are out at first glance. It's not a big deal regardless, just a change in the naming format.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, I did - it's mentioned under minor changes in the changelog. I have mapped out endings for each chapter which is why I initially used the CHxPy format, but seeing something like Chapter 3 Part 2 wouldn't convey how many episodes are out at first glance. It's not a big deal regardless, just a change in the naming format.
Ah, right. I actually didn't read that on purpose, because I wanted to experience changes for myself going through this release. But, of course, I clearly forgot to revisit the Changelog to see your explanation of this. Hehe.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
FYI, obviously normally the saves for the game are found in the saves folder where you've installed your copy of the game
(such as C:\games\Elvensang — Episode 3\game\saves for instance). However, if you ever need to access the saves and the folder above won't work for you, you should look for a folder called PROJECT-1606751108 at the main saves location on your device/machine. For instance, on Windows the location is:
C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\PROJECT-1606751108

On other systems, it will be wherever the primary Ren'Py saves are found. I figured I would note that here now so it's available should anyone in the future need access to that folder instead. (Perhaps this will only be a reminder to me myself for later. :oops:)
Default save locations for Ren'Py based games:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/RenPy/PROJECT-1606751108
  • Mac OS X: ~/Library/RenPy/PROJECT-1606751108
  • Linux/Other: ~/.renpy/PROJECT-1606751108
  • Android: SD:/Android/data/com.{gamename}.program/files/saves/ - SD or Internal storage, can vary on device
    - However for the port I have done, these would normally be under SD:/Android/data/RenPy/PROJECT-1606751108
    - This can vary slightly on device and again on Android 11

PROJECT-1606751108 - this is the actual save folder name for Elvensang

erkper

May 16, 2018
So what is the only sex scene so far?
When MC and Sunny go to the tavern to interview the waitress (Becky) who found the body, they walk into the wrong room and see two random ppl going at it. It's I believe one screen and some dialog.

Reactions: Eldar

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Voting is up for patreons for which character of the game will get an additional narrative interaction.

Options are:

Trisha (Sunny's Rich Friend)
Olevia (Farmer's Wife)
Becky (Blonde Bar-maid)
Kara (Blacksmith's Daughter)

Who would you pirates vote for and why? Or maybe you want a vote yourself ;-) and will join the pat yourself.

Nov 7, 2021
Voting is up for patreons for which character of the game will get an additional narrative interaction.

Options are:

Olevia (Farmer's Wife)
Becky (Blonde Bar-maid)

Who would you pirates vote for and why? Or maybe you want a vote yourself ;-) and will join the pat yourself.
Kara. Because I want her or any tomboy to smother me with her thighs.

Last edited:

erkper

May 16, 2018

Options are:

Olevia (Farmer's Wife)
Becky (Blonde Bar-maid)

Kara or Becky.

Reactions: monk_56

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019

Weekly public log #2
Hey everyone,
first of all, the Patron polls for extra side character content as teased in the previous public log are now live. Don't forget to vote if you are $5 tier Patron and above!
Aside from that, I've spent much of the last week drawing a few scenes to use in the next episode while putting the script together in my mind. I'd like to work on raising the image to text ratio, particularly because being able to produce artwork faster will be necessary to sustain the presence of the growing cast of characters. On that note, I've discovered a tool on the internet that might at least somewhat alleviate the workload of how much I have to draw by generating some backgrounds for me: Artbreeder.
Here is an example of an Artbreeder generated background in action (with a little Sunny on top to test how well it works with character sprites:

It might not be perfect, but let's be honest - it takes 10 seconds to make and it's better than anything I could draw in several days. Admittedly, I am generally not too fond of using a crutch like this because, while alleviating the workload is great, it does hinder the speed at which I learn to draw the subject matter.
But on the other hand, if I don't have to spend time learning how to properly draw environmental backgrounds, I can dedicate more time to learning how to draw characters - and considering the nature of Elvensang, I think that character design, from faces and anatomy to poses and clothes, should be the main focus of my artistic studies. On top of that, Artbreeder does have its limitations and I will still have to hand draw backgrounds that must contain specific elements, so it's not like every background will be generated by Artbreeder from now on - but it will definitely help introduce a lot of variety to the generic environmental backgrounds present in the game.
In the next week, I will a lot of work on my hands at school, so I don't expect to get a lot done for Elvensang except maybe a couple of sketches for both the practice and potentially as something to use in the following episode.
And that's it for this week's public log - if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Love you all,
Worlaix
-------------------------

Personally feel that the Artbreeder backgrounds are a great idea to allow more time to be invested in drawing titties artwork

4.50 star(s) 72 Votes