Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
i really hope for more garden spots in next update because it make getting ingredients for potions much easier

also a small suggestion (if possible): ability to level up lab with money so you can get more potions with brewing
Getting max normal ingredients is easy, if not overly tedious. It's the rare one that are a pain. The garden it's self takes a ridiculously long time to grow anything. It's supposed to be convenient but right now it's far from it.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Sorry for the double post but I'm having an issue with Lerran. I'm at the part where you visit her for the second time and I can only leave, picking either of the first two choices just loops back onto each other after she says "Let's go to the bed.".

Also does not letting Genny "compensate" you cut her off entirely or is it just that time? It says "At this point in the game." so I'm unsure. The journal says "I decided not to pursue her.". There seems to be a lot of now or never moments for the LIs so far aside from Lerran.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Sorry for the double post but I'm having an issue with Lerran. I'm at the part where you visit her for the second time and I can only leave, picking either of the first two choices just loops back onto each other after she says "Let's go to the bed.".

Also does not letting Genny "compensate" you cut her off entirely or is it just that time? It says "At this point in the game." so I'm unsure. The journal says "I decided not to pursue her.". There seems to be a lot of now or never moments for the LIs so far aside from Lerran.
You get warnings before the scene where you accept them as a Li or discontinue, at which point ends their Li story, however some will still remain part of the story, just not as a Li.

If I remember rightly, you'd be correct in assuming that not allowing her to compensate you, will end her story as a Li, as it's something she wants to do.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
You get warnings before the scene where you accept them as a Li or discontinue, at which point ends their Li story, however some will still remain part of the story, just not as a Li.

If I remember rightly, you'd be correct in assuming that not allowing her to compensate you, will end her story as a Li, as it's something she wants to do.
Hmm. That a little on the strict side. I know she offers but having it be take sex for payment or never do anything with her seems extreme.

Also not related, but the garden could really use some more explanation or a better layout. My plot of ginseng was "Growing" for over an in game month because I thought the "Work" was a second plot to plant something and I was saving it. I only just saw that it was for the plot I already planted. I was stuck on the goblins path because I didn't have the ingredients and Horace has disappeared so I can't buy one. It's always "She's not coming today.".

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Hmm. That a little on the strict side. I know she offers but having it be take sex for payment or never do anything with her seems extreme.

Also not related, but the garden could really use some more explanation or a better layout. My plot of ginseng was "Growing" for over an in game month because I thought the "Work" was a second plot to plant something and I was saving it. I only just saw that it was for the plot I already planted. I was stuck on the goblins path because I didn't have the ingredients and Horace has disappeared so I can't buy one. It's always "She's not coming today.".
Yea, you need to "tend" to the plant each day, and some scenes, like with Horace, require another to be done first, the ingredient you get after finishing another scene, forget which one off hand.

As for sex for payment, it's not as far as full sex, but I would assume the idea behind it is, she wants to do it and if you decline, would give the thought of not interested in them, so they don't continue any form of romance with you.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yea, you need to "tend" to the plant each day, and some scenes, like with Horace, require another to be done first, the ingredient you get after finishing another scene, forget which one off hand.

As for sex for payment, it's not as far as full sex, but I would assume the idea behind it is, she wants to do it and if you decline, would give the thought of not interested in them, so they don't continue any form of romance with you.
Yeah, I finally grew some but it wasn't clear how to do it. Not to me anyway.

As for Genny I think there is a pretty big difference in not being interested at all and not wanting to take advantage of her situation. If anything I think it would call for two paths, one where you go through with it and and it's just about the sex and another more "romantic" route where you want to get to know her.

All of the LI's paths are pretty fast as it is already. It jumps to lewd content pretty much at their second or third encounter. I prefer more of a build up myself so it feels more rewarding.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I seem to be stuck. My progress is at 56/57, but there are 3 characters with more scenes according to the journal. Alisandra and Lerran's pages both say "I need to progress with other characters first", and Genny's page says "I should stock up on some potions and go to her house". The problem is that I've tried going to her multiple times with 2 of every potion but Fulcrum and all I get is the generic interaction menus.
I cant seem to get past 54/57. The only one with more events is Alisandra and it says I need to progress with other characters first. Which seems impossible because they all say no more content in this version aside from Genny that says I didn't pursue her.

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I cant seem to get past 54/57. The only one with more events is Alisandra and it says I need to progress with other characters first. Which seems impossible because they all say no more content in this version aside from Genny that says I didn't pursue her.
If you did not get Genny as a love interest at the beginning, it will keep scenes from happening and lower the amount of completed scenes (the 54/57 thing). Regarding Genny specifically, there will be a time later to "re-acquire" her as a love interest, but we're not to that point of the story yet.

Adjustments are made in each update as I receive feedback on how the functions work and what players have issues/problems with, along with the ones they like. Hopefully, this rookie game dev can get things right by the time 1.0 is out.

Nov 26, 2021
If you did not get Genny as a love interest at the beginning, it will keep scenes from happening and lower the amount of completed scenes (the 54/57 thing). Regarding Genny specifically, there will be a time later to "re-acquire" her as a love interest, but we're not to that point of the story yet.

Adjustments are made in each update as I receive feedback on how the functions work and what players have issues/problems with, along with the ones they like. Hopefully, this rookie game dev can get things right by the time 1.0 is out.
Let's hope that 1.0 ain't for a long time, can't wait for the big update I seen on patreon to drop, once I get back on track with my money and actually have some to spend again (never ending story in the life of Secret :rolleyes:) I'll resub.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Let's hope that 1.0 ain't for a long time, can't wait for the big update I seen on patreon to drop, once I get back on track with my money and actually have some to spend again (never ending story in the life of Secret :rolleyes:) I'll resub.
That is how life is.

The scenes for the next version are written. I'm building the maps and backgrounds for the 0.4 expansion right now and learning a little more about lighting techniques and shading adjustments to give a little more 'depth' to the scenes. I'll be posting some raw images this weekend.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017

So is the Alisandra entry just a bug or does her scenes somehow rely on being intimate with Genny? If they do then you may want to think about separating lewd and plot content, especially since you have given the players options on who they are interested in.

Another suggestion would be the option to do the lewd scenes again after the first time. It's set up as a free roam but so far everything plays out a single time. To me it feels pretty railroaded and the actual free roam aspect isn't really being utilized. With the exception of maybe two characters unless they have an event they may as well not even exist because you have no way of seeing them otherwise.

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
So is the Alisandra entry just a bug or does her scenes somehow rely on being intimate with Genny? If they do then you may want to think about separating lewd and plot content, especially since you have given the players options on who they are interested in.

Another suggestion would be the option to do the lewd scenes again after the first time. It's set up as a free roam but so far everything plays out a single time. To me it feels pretty railroaded and the actual free roam aspect isn't really being utilized. With the exception of maybe two characters unless they have an event they may as well not even exist because you have no way of seeing them otherwise.
Have you done the scene where you meet Iris?

May 27, 2018
One of the characters, you get the choice of them being full female or futa and certain scenes with them will vary accordingly depending on the choice you make
ah, thanks, so from the way you explained it she always has a vagina, but you can choose for her to have a penis as well.
But the thing i really want to know is: is there buttsex in this relationship? can you do her in the ass? can she do it to you?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
ah, thanks, so from the way you explained it she always has a vagina, but you can choose for her to have a penis as well.
But the thing i really want to know is: is there buttsex in this relationship? can you do her in the ass? can she do it to you?
From what I've seen most paths at this point end in oral. With one optional sex scene and one forced if you are on Reece's path so there is no way to know yet. Either way they both happen out of nowhere with like zero context.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021

The Genny route is basically self-contained. Thornhill (Alisandra, Erranda, Lerran, Iris, and new chars coming soon) is a bit more intricate, but you can single out characters there. There's no Alisandra love story. I don't plan on there being one but... who knows?

I am building 'sandbox' scenes with all the characters, but that takes time and, as you pointed out, I am piss-poor at doing animations. So... six of one, half dozen of the other, yeah? Those will be repeatable, and there will be some in the 0.4. I'm really trying to learn this from the ground up, so patience is appreciated. :)

There is a gallery available to patrons/supporters. That edition will be released free on itch.io and possibly here, along with the patron walkthrough for 0.3.1, probably around mid-November or when I feel I'm half-way done with 0.4.

As of 0.3.1, there is oral/anal with Lerran if you chose futa and (IIRC) all-futa content. Will there be? Probably male-futa, not so much futa-male. Neither is in 0.4, but 0.4 is still far from 1.0. We're less than half-way there (livin' on a prayer).

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I have. I have also gone to see her at night, though I was never told I should. I didn't even know I could until I went to see Lerran.
Hmm could be a bug for Soniram to check then as the scene where you meet Iris is the Alisandra scene from 0.3, I don't think there's any other referral to another scene

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Hmm could be a bug for Soniram to check then as the scene where you meet Iris is the Alisandra scene from 0.3, I don't think there's any other referral to another scene
There may be a missing hint in the 'general' section that isn't showing up, since that part was added in 0.3.1 and could have easily been missed by me. The journal is getting an overhaul in 0.4 to give more information and make things a little easier to understand. I'll make sure to check this as well.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
There may be a missing hint in the 'general' section that isn't showing up, since that part was added in 0.3.1 and could have easily been missed by me. The journal is getting an overhaul in 0.4 to give more information and make things a little easier to understand. I'll make sure to check this as well.
I'm not sure what the "general" hints section is, unless it's part of the other hints option. I was playing with the "Normal" setting. Maybe I just never noticed it but it doesn't sound familiar.

As for the animations, they have a great deal of pre-made animations even in studio. From there you can take it one step further and edit the IK keys for frames to add more variety to them.

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I'm not sure what the "general" hints section is, unless it's part of the other hints option. I was playing with the "Normal" setting. Maybe I just never noticed it but it doesn't sound familiar.

As for the animations, they have a great deal of pre-made animations even in studio. From there you can take it one step further and edit the IK keys for frames to add more variety to them.
In the journal, above where the character names are, there's a text button that says 'Hints to get started...' It's there to give players a place to look for things that are not specific to a character, either to find a new character or forward some story scene.

I know more about animations now, including editing the pre-mades. There's been improvement, IMO. If you look at one of the first animations I did (the 'Cali in Heat' one when I understood nothing of IK or other tools) compared to ones near the end of 0.3.1, there's been progress. Definitely not perfect. At some point, the older animations will be replaced.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes