Ren'Py Abandoned Erased Memories [v0.1.2 Demo] [BiblosProductions]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Nov 1, 2019
First thing. The font needs changing. It's too difficult to read as it blends in with background. change it to black and it'll be better.
spelling needs work, as does word choice and grammar but that is a given for demos.
Graphics are not bad for a beginning. Story looks original. I would say a seven out of ten. Keep working on it.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
DrakoGhoul: Hello! Especially over the character Bella there will be a lot of corruption events. There isn't much yet at the demo, but that's a fetish I like so it might have plenty as the game goes .

@ trbbles and bits: thank you! Hope I don't disappoint you =)

@ SatanSama666: Hello! Did you played the demo? Because it could be that the screens I put here made them a bit awkward. But ofc if you played and you think this way that's a thing I should try to correct. I like expressive faces, not into that typical 3d prototype character. But maybe I've gone too far on this in a way it started looking weird. Thanks for the heads up.

Spyderwraith: I guess it's between 30-40 minutes if you read the dialogues

@ Simon66666: Well... The game is a dating sim, so I guess that's the spirit. I'm trying to do an interesting background to it, but yeah. Thanks for the heads up.

@ Zamu77: I ~guess~ I can put at the main topic only what it has already in the demo, right? (maybe I'm wrong). At the demo (chapter one) you only have this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But the demo is only an introduction, I promise that as the game goes things will get naughty!

I was replaying it and saw some bugs (like the load menu position, the music should stop when you start the game) and some dialogue mistakes. I'll be correcting it as soon as I can.
Thank you for the feedback guys ~
Judging from the trailer (will give it a try tomorrow) it really just seems bella that seem a little too uncanny valley. Something about her cheek bones and chin, everything is just too sharp I think? Like her face looks pretty thin, and then it looks like her chin comes out too far; maybe a little more cheek fat would help?

about the tags, you are only supposed to actually tag the game with what is in the "current version" but many devs will write out planned tags in advance in plain text in the op; either under genre seperated like
"tags: XXX, XXX, XXX
Planned tags: xxx, xxx, xxx"
or just in the devs notes labeled as "planned/future tags"

Also, you can talk to a mod to get the dev tag put on your account so people know you made the game.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
by "it does need proofreading though." you mean that there are some writing mistakes, right? That one of my biggest difficulties making this game, English is not my main language so I got to do a lot of revisions, I'll try to do a big one this weekend and correct all the typos and bad writings on the demo.
User MrFriendly's signature saids that he can provide free proofreading. Maybe you should DM him. Personally, I don't know him nor about his work quality but if I was a VN maker I might try his services.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Is the zip archive in Mega a correct one? It's called NoLimit-1.0 while other links are for ErasedMemories0.1?

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
@ Vrijgeest: by "it does need proofreading though." you mean that there are some writing mistakes, right? That one of my biggest difficulties making this game, English is not my main language so I got to do a lot of revisions, I'll try to do a big one this weekend and correct all the typos and bad writings on the demo. Thanks for the heads up.
About the fonts, my brother said that to me. That's something for sure I'll change in the future, thanks.

About the sandbox, it's an interesting point o view. I thought that doing it I was giving the game a little change. But I may think about that.

Your post helps me a lot. Thanks.
Any atmosphere a tension (mentally and sexually) is killed off in a sandbox. It loses impotence. That is why most of the most popular VN's are not sandboxes.
The VN before the sandbox mode was good and even in this demo it has atmosphere so dont lose it. The art of great story telling is to take the reader on a journey.
Happy to be of assistance. I will look forward to the update.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Any atmosphere a tension (mentally and sexually) is killed off in a sandbox. It loses impotence. That is why most of the most popular VN's are not sandboxes.
The VN before the sandbox mode was good and even in this demo it has atmosphere so dont lose it. The art of great story telling is to take the reader on a journey.
Happy to be of assistance. I will look forward to the update.
It is not that the last you said cannot be done in a sandbox, but the dev in question will have to be a lot better at coding and especially pacing his story and make sure the time you have to be in sandbox to progress story is not too long and lastly a sandbox takes way more content and updating of old situations in areas to keep it interesting and not feel empty or irritating.

So unless you think you are really good at planning out a sandbox or really need a sandbox since you have loads of different stories to tell at same time independently but that are interconnected, a VN is the smarter way to go especially for an inexperienced or lone dev.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
The logo girl looks cute and attractive as hell. Made me unable not to click and take a look. It's what I'd classify as an irresistible face. :love:

From the looks of the size of this demo, unless it already has huge amounts of content, the CG and animations must be almost uncompressed or maybe raw. Since I don't have time ATM to download and take a look at the game, I'll wait a bit. Maybe there will be a compressed version available later on.

About the gay couple it's fine as long as I don't have to see them fucking in a "memory flashback". Doesn't make the game bad, just my personal preferences.

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
@ all: Thank you for all your feedback, I'm reading everything and learning a lot.

I corrected some bugs, some writing problems, gave blur effects to some pictures and changed the fonts, it's uploadingnow, when finished I'll update here.

The fonts are really better now and easier to see, as you can see in these screens, thanks a lot for the tips.

About the sandbox discussion... Well I sure am a lone and inexperienced dev, so I'll give it a thought. Thanks!

@Penfold Mole: haha thanks, and don't worry. They don't fuck!

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Erased Memories [Demo] [BiblosProductions] (2.64 GB rar pc source)
282 MB rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
285 MB rar unofficial mac compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Reactions: BiblosProductions

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Erased Memories [Demo] [BiblosProductions] (2.64 GB rar pc source)
282 MB rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality): Mega
285 MB rar unofficial mac compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality): Mega
done by Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)
There's a fixed version of the demo about to be uploaded. I'll wait for your compressed version of that, whenever you can find the time. TIA.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Game asks for feedback. Oh, wow. Where to begin?
Alright, first, let me say this game has promise. There are some good points.
Overall it's acceptable work. Not great, not good, but not bad either. I would call it "Needs Improvement."

Not really feedback or anything, but I gotta know - is he driving a 1976 Ford Pinto with the radiator and rear view mirrors from a 1976 Dodge Charger?

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Not a bad start. I agree with others that the freeroam came out of nowhere and that I am not a huge fan of sandbox (I don't mind it if done right) but the freeroam isn't that bad. And the task menu is a nice touch so that I wasn't lost and mindlessly clicking on things in the hopes of triggering an event. Pregnant Bella is enough to keep me interested. Now I know what ending I am going to aim for!

lkta

May 3, 2017
Could you fix the font/textbox color?
White letters on a light color background makes it sometimes difficult to read
Yep, white text on cream/yellow background is awful and very difficult to read, Also why so many completely different fonts? Names all in weird fancy scroll that doesn't fit the game at all, thoughts in a completely different bold font with no text box meaning this is also hard to read in places thanks to white on white. Honestly gave up even trying to read it and just skipped the text to have a look at the pictures in the end

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
A few posts above the guy provide a great review/overview of this demo.
I agree with him, yet while many things could be fixed quite easily even later in the game, if dev dont change mc character/look, that could be a real game-kill.
Mc really do looks as at least 40-50 years old.:FacePalm:
Otherwise an interesting start, original setup, though Im not that much into over-originality there - o hot mommy and/or a few milfs along the way come nicely in every game:WeSmart::p

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote