Ren'Py Abandoned Erased Memories [v0.1.2 Demo] [BiblosProductions]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
For the plot, Im really interest in the game, but I feel the images looks so weird with the position in the characters.. Idk how to explain but is so odd for me.. anyway Ill wait a few more updates and android port for try this, keep it up dev :)

Reactions: BiblosProductions

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
That one of my biggest difficulties making this game, English is not my main language so I got to do a lot of revisions
You need to mention that somewhere in the OP.

When it's not stated, it gives me the impression that a non-native English writer is trying to fool me into thinking that their dialogue is natural English when it's clearly not, or that they are a native English writer, but had a very poor education while growing up. At worse, it makes it look like the writer is not as smart as they think they are.

When you state "English is not my first language", that alone gives me a reason to be more forgiving of your dialogue-in-progress.

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
All in all, yes, I like it and I look forward to the rest. :D

A little detail: the game is called "ErasedMemories" but the folder and the executable "NoLimit". Why not unify all this?
[+](y)
> the story, after all, is quite complex
> The not-so-simplistic characters
> The original models, sometimes a bit weird and a bit uncomfortable, but the atmosphere of the story, a priori.
[-](n)
> The quality of the graphics: slightly odd positions in relation to the environment, clothes that seem torn or badly adapted sometimes
But, well, for trying, I know I probably couldn't do it myself without hours of work... Criticizing without knowing how to do it myself bothers me a little... So, I guess it's going to get better with future versions...
> The slowness of loading of certain passages: compression problem, indeed
> In the dialogues: expressions that sometimes seem a bit strange to me. But, here again, I do speak not/no more fluent English either... And I much prefer that to all English speakers who use abbreviations and slang or dialects from this or that region. It's quite readable.

If I could, it would be a game I would gladly contribute to...
Keep the good work, dev

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
That's a lot of things to look up, specially in @L7Bear post. Thank you very much.
I'll try to fix everything I can but it'll take time.

I released an update fixing some bugs, some audio problems, some of the bad writings, some screen problems, the file name (NoLimit was the previous name I gave to it, but now it's fixed).

But that was before I saw @L7Bear post. I'll be working now on fixing many of the features mentioned by him.

Thanks for the criticism, I'm trying to improve!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
The others pretty much summed up what I found as a problem with the game, L7 mostly, but what I saw that no one mentioned are the lights on Nathalie (or I just haven't noticed). I get it, she's supposed to be very white, but in several renders it looks like she's being under several lamps, while the others next to her aren't, and even in her room her feet is completely lighted, while I guess the only lamp is on the ceiling.

Also at some renders I noticed you used sprites, don't do that if you have already settled on a style before, it feels very unnatural.

About the free-roam: It doesn't seem bad, from the comments I expected something like Doors, but it's clear you're going for something similar as Badik, that's fine if you have something more to it than finding money and a few actions. Like interact with different objects and such.

By the way is there a point of being nice to Bella and Nathalie? Whatever choices I made, it all ended up on the same depressive note. Having hardships is fine, being kicked to a curb at every turn is not, if I want to get all depressive without a chance of changing anything, I'd play real life.

lkta

May 3, 2017
Will have another look now if the text is readable as i quite liked the look of the characters even if they are a little quirky and posed in some slightly odd positions at times. The aminations or sheer number of images in them do seem to be the issue of the slow loading. One of them has 140 or so images & is over 300mb in total. really not a fan of sandbox stuff but depends on how much/little it is used i guess. Good luck anyway :)

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
Someone said that the boss' daughter wasn't hot, and to say the truth... I couldn't agree more, so I decided to change it, and I'll show you guys how it's now. I hope it's better now!

New

Previous

About those saying Nathalie is weird: I respect the point of view, but honestly, I Love her! :( One of my favs. So I'm planning to keep her as she is. But I'll try to make her expressions less awkward and watch out the lights as someone up there mentioned.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Someone said that the boss' daughter wasn't hot, and to say the truth... I couldn't agree more, so I decided to change it, and I'll show you guys how it's now. I hope it's better now!

New

Previous

About those saying Nathalie is weird: I respect the point of view, but honestly, I Love her! :( One of my favs. So I'm planning to keep her as she is. But I'll try to make her expressions less awkward and watch out the lights as someone up there mentioned.
I definitely prefer the new one :). And I actually like Nathalie as well. She has an angular face, but she doesn't look hideous. At least not to me. It's nice to see you taking the criticisms and doing something with them instead of getting all butthurt about them. I'm rooting for you, dev. I hope the project sees success :)

Reactions: EZ8lt

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Dont be so influenced over what people think of your models. I liked them they were unusual for a change and I would stick with them. Dont go down the Daz route. It is too easy. I personally dont think it is an improvement. I liked your quirky style. Look at other devs who have developed their own style. The one who immidiately comes to mind the one who created 'The light of my life'. His models are great for not being standard assets. Just stick to your guns.

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
@HaremLoverMuffinMan: thanks!

@Vrijgeest: You're right, but in the boss' daughter case the way she looked wasn't filling her role, that's why I decided to change her. I mean: she's not a romanceable character along the game, she's there to fill up the role of the rich daddy girl, that is very hot but not so smart. So I guess her looks now fills better this role. Thanks for the advice though.

@TL8ez:

Thank you all... reading all this makes me want to work even more on this project. And it's what I'll do now, peace!

About the proof reader!!! I'm researching for it at this right moment. I know my English is not that good and I know that for visual novels it can be a disaster. But I'll fix this up! ;)

Last edited:

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
For me she's cuter, but also much more ordinary. And more woman, less girl. In a way, I preferred the old one... but I don't think it matters much, especially if we don't see her again.

Agrugh

Aug 6, 2018
I really like what I've seen so far, the premise is interesting and I really like that it differs from everything else. I haven't seen any of these models before and even if they're not the best looking they are atleast charming and kudos to you to have the MC have two dads.

Edit: But please edit the fonts on the names atleast, it's really distracting

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
@Agrugh: thanks a lot. Don't worry, I already changed the fonts, and now I just changed the weird font that I was using for names. I guess in this case simple is better. (you can see in the screenshot)

It's really my bad (and inexperience) to have launched the demo with so many mistakes. I'm working now on releasing a demo version with everything correct (using a proofreader), but for sure it's not worth downloading 2.6gb again just to see these corrections! So sorry guys, but I hope you liked the main idea and things will be better for the next chapters.

Honestly, the best thing I ever did about this game was creating this topic! It was like lighting a torch inside of a dungeon. Thanks. ;)

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote