Ren'Py Abandoned Erased Memories [v0.1.2 Demo] [BiblosProductions]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Agrugh

Aug 6, 2018
Yes that font is much better! Thanks! If you continue with this and not make the game very grindy it might be a classic. So please stick with it!

Reactions: BiblosProductions

ivanch88

Game Developer
Sep 29, 2018
BiblosProductions Hi. I have just one advice - install xnConverter, drag and drop all png files (or just image folder) to the program window, convert to webp with 90-95% of the quality setting with original files replacing, replace all .png to .webp in every script file. Just 5-10 minutes of working and you'll get 5-6 times less size of the game with the same quality. 2.6 Gb is too much.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thank you for the demo, my two cents:

The renders are fine overall, only complaints are that Charlotte is scary looking and the MC's eyes are unnaturally green.

I don't understand why you went with the MC being attracted to a person who disapproves of his parents. If the Render for Bella was more attractive I could see it but she isn't that hot... Why would a guy who has gay parents, one of which was a hero of the left-wing, ever want to date a girl who is from a family that hates the very existence of the people who raised him? I know I shouldn't cheer when the MC gets cockblocked but I did

Freeroam... I don't understand the appeal of freeroam games to developers. As a player I can't stand them, however I wanted to at least finish the demo.

Okay, I get that you want the MC to be miserable but what is the Player's motivation for continuing to play the game? The MC's entire family is screwed up, he can't date the one woman you have decided he is interested in, and Josh has decided to make the MC's college experience a living hell. So what is the hook that is going to get a player to come back for Chapter 2, support you on Patreon, and keep going with the game? There's nothing to look forward to in the next chapter.

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
I'm right now doing a HUGE review of the game text, I'm using a proofreading free software and I believe it will be way better when I finish it. When I'm done I'll post a new version of the demo and I'll do what ivanch88 said. So please, if you didn't download the game yet, wait just a bit for it. If you did, I know I'm asking much, but it would be really nice if you could see if the text is better after I release the new version. I'll probably be posting it in 2-3 hours.

Now, MrFriendly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry for the text wall, but your question was complex, so I couldn't answer in a few lines!
Peace!

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm right now doing a HUGE review in the game text, I'm using a proofreading free software and I believe it will be way better when I finish it. When I'm done I'll post a new version of the demo and I'll do what ivanch88 said. So please, if you didn't download the game yet, wait just a bit for it. If you did, I know I'm asking much, but it would be really nice if you could see if the text is better after I release the new version. I'll probably be posting it in 2-3 hours.

Now, MrFriendly:

Sorry for the text wall, but your question was complex, so I couldn't answer in a few lines!
Peace

Thank you for engaging with me and I wish you all the best in your game.

YoloCrayolo21

Dec 31, 2017
While other devs just kill the dad so we can fuck the mom, this dev said fuck it and gave us two dads, I'm gonna try this one, renders look interesting

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
For this reason, any kind of critic is magic to me, worth even more than money. If you saw something you dislike, please tell me.
Well, the on-screen text boxes suck dead wombat through a bendy straw - almost impossible to read quickly:

1592703917089.png

Please make the text a single colour on a contrasting colour.

D

Deleted member 2043115

Something about the girl with the black hair's design caught my eye in a good way. Quite unique looking compared to the usual Daz3D models that you see on here.

And I definitely second the idea that the creator get someone to proofread the text, as it is obvious that English is not their first language.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I'm sure its already bee said but I'll still say it anyway ...

Fonts.
Font Colours.
No text box or drop shadowing...

Those are a terrible combination currently.

eg:
text.jpg

edit to add: I would rather have not played this early release considering it seems to only have a depressing ending so far no matter what choices I seemed to make. [correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find a way to change the 3 major plot points at the end of chapter 1]

Last edited:

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
~~~~~~~ UPDATE~~~~~~~~

I updated the download links! Now they are compressed files. No more 2.6GB. It's 639MB now.

Also, I've made some big modifications: (spent all my day on it :p)
- Revisioned all the demo's texts (using a proofreader. The free trial expired while I was doing it hahaha, but I'll for sure buy a license. It helps a lot someone like me !)
- Changed who_font colors and added bigger outlines for the nondialogue box stuff
- Changed some dialogues content that were not making sense
- Changed the boss' daughter images
- Fixed some bugs

I believe the dialogues are far from 100%, but is it better now?
Also, the fonts are still a problem after this last update? (Especially to read)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
I wanted to give this a try but fortunetly i read the comments before i download and this certainly isn't a game for me,way to depressing for my taste(one of the reason i dont play badik,to much drama can ruin a game) ,if i wanted more of that i would stick to real life lol,good luck dev but i'll pass on your game!

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
~~~~~~~ UPDATE~~~~~~~~

For sure, I wasn't criticising the work or the release in general, just noting that personally I don't like getting into a story that then I have to wait for the next release to get something good happening.
Some light in the proverbial darkness, if you will.

As an example perhaps at least having Bella let the MC know why she is breaking contact by telling the MC's sister if all the best choices relating to her had been made.
Since to me it doesn't make sense for the sister to still see Bella regularly but not press for answers on behalf of the MC, as a month is a long time to ghost the MC while still talking to the sister.

Just something small like that, still a "bad" situation but perhaps slightly better than nothing.

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
looks good has potential there are ways to make this games size go down by changing the format of the images I think there are forums here that go over that as for gameplay sometimes sandbox styles can give a bad taste in the game players mouth because some games had very high grinding to the point where mods and cheats were added to cut out the grind trying a light touch with the grind should help

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
@DarkSithLord: Thanks. I'll keep this in mind while developing the next chapters. Reading the comments, I got agree that maybe I was too heavy on the drama.

Content_Consumer: You're right! It was a bad idea to don't tell the player why she ignored you in the demo. I understand it can give you the impression that your answers were for nothing. You're right! But when chapter 2 comes, give it a try if you have time :p I'll make it all clear! Thanks, friend.

Kaidman: thanks, I've made a compressed version now, it's a bit lower on the size. About the sandbox, I'll keep it but I'll try to be very objective with it (small places, really clear what you have to do), so it doesn't get boring.

Thanks and have peace

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I gave this Demo a try... The text definitely needs some reworking, as it is a mix of broken English and sometimes feels a bit artificial... The visuals are where I was the most critical, even though you can tell the developers are trying to add some production value... I went ahead and posted a review...

Zip

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Well this was different wasn't sure what to expect tbh it seems very topical the whole religious stuff and not agreeing about the MC parents I have to commend you on that it's not often a dev will go into these subjects but it's nice to see something different. The models look a little different from the ones I'm used to nice work so far. (y)

BiblosProductions

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
Mormont: thank you a lot.

Zippity: thank you for the review, hope I have the chance to change your opinion about the game, I'll work on that. I'm working on some issues you appointed. I'm doing new sprites for Nath, to fix the excessive lightening. (about her style itself, as I stated I won't change because I like it, so it's something personal). and I'll change the animation in the 'evil dream'. I did it long ago and from that date I gained some experience with daz3d, I think I can improve it now.
About the text... for the last demo I did a big review on the text, if it's still bad I see no other option but to buy a proofreader program or maybe find someone out there to help me (I think that proofreader programs won't help me with slangs and things like that).
Honestly, it would be so, sooooo much easier to do it in my main idiom. But that's not an option since English is the world idiom. :p

~~ I was replaying the demo and I noticed that the evil dream was crashing the game. I already fixed it and uploaded it. Now it's safe.
Peace

Here old Nathalie sprite X New Nathalie sprite:

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Mormont: thank you a lot.

Zippity: thank you for the review, hope I have the chance to change your opinion about the game, I'll work on that. I'm working on some issues you appointed. I'm doing new sprites for Nath, to fix the excessive lightening. (about her style itself, as I stated I won't change because I like it, so it's something personal). and I'll change the animation in the 'evil dream'. I did it long ago and from that date I gained some experience with daz3d, I think I can improve it now.
About the text... for the last demo I did a big review on the text, if it's still bad I see no other option but to buy a proofreader program or maybe find someone out there to help me (I think that proofreader programs won't help me with slangs and things like that).
Honestly, it would be so, sooooo much easier to do it in my main idiom. But that's not an option since English is the world idiom. :p

~~ I was replaying the demo and I noticed that the evil dream was crashing on the new demo (some .png files that weren't changed to .webp). Sorry about that. I already fixed it and I'm uploading the new link.
Peace

Here old Nathalie sprite X New Nathalie sprite:
Looks good!

I would suggest taking a look in the Recruitment/Services section and finding a free English proofreader. There are quite a few people who are happy to help Devs make the best game they can for no compensation besides a thank you.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote