VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.6.18] [KKChar]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

itsme_

Apr 11, 2021
That's actually untrue, or at least imprecise.

First of all, yes it's true that in one run you can only fully pursue only one guy. There are no poly or harem runs (as far as we know) with the only exception of Ralf-Henrik if you want.

However, raising just the stats for the character you want to pursue is one of the worst things you can do in the game. This should happen only when you have to choose between raising the stats of your love interest and other people.
It doesn't happen that often though, most missions are personal to one of the nine, and in that case feel free to raise the stats of the other people. You might want to prefer Admiration over the other two maybe, because it has an impact from chapter 3 onwards (possibly Affection for Jorgen or Borge).

Also some of the love interests are attracted more to feminine qualities, other to masculine ones (and a couple have even no preference): you have to preferentially raise the one that is connected to the one you want to pursue, which is indeed femininity for Jorgen.
Also know that what's important is the absolute value, not the difference between the two (that is, the threshold for a specific scene might be, for example, Masculinity 60, not that masculinity is 25 points over femininity), so it doesn't harm in principle to raise both. Of course, if you are asked to choose between the two, go for the one that is favoured by your love interest.

And yes, you should be able to do every mission each chapter, it needs a bit of planning but it's doable. Various missions raise the basic stats (Charm/Fitness/Will) although don't expect to see them raised all the time.
Thank you, the basic stats are actually my concern. Will start a new run and take all your info into account.

feblyni

Nov 27, 2021
Hey! In the lastest version, the option to go back in the history using the middle wheel of the mouse was desactivated?

perles75

May 16, 2020
Thank you, the basic stats are actually my concern. Will start a new run and take all your info into account.
The basic stats increases are difficult to predict because it doesn't happen all the time and there is not a regular source. The most common is probably missions, both main ones and some of the personal ones, but not all.
In few instances some dialogue choices give you a stat increase, but that's rare.
In the prologue try to do all three elixirs as they give you stat increases.
Also at the end of each act you will get +5 in the stat associated with the colour of the choices you have selected more (blue/Freya = fitness, yellow/Freyr = will, red/Loki = red).
And in act 3 you will have a chance to increase them also via the "tech trees" choices.
Also note that Act I is rather stingy in giving stats, Acts 2 and 3 are a bit better.

Arliss86

Jan 2, 2023
i chosed Borge as LI. But on way in Alpines is some type of bug, because I cant defeat wolf pack. I just die when Jotun live reduce to zero . How to fix it?

itsme_

Apr 11, 2021
The basic stats increases are difficult to predict because it doesn't happen all the time and there is not a regular source. The most common is probably missions, both main ones and some of the personal ones, but not all.
In few instances some dialogue choices give you a stat increase, but that's rare.
In the prologue try to do all three elixirs as they give you stat increases.
Also at the end of each act you will get +5 in the stat associated with the colour of the choices you have selected more (blue/Freya = fitness, yellow/Freyr = will, red/Loki = red).
And in act 3 you will have a chance to increase them also via the "tech trees" choices.
Also note that Act I is rather stingy in giving stats, Acts 2 and 3 are a bit better.
Didn't knew that prolouge and act thing, thx.

Don't know it is a bug or not, but in chapter 2 i wasn't able to fullfill tyrs, anders and borges 2nd mission even so I had the utilities/items for it.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Didn't knew that prolouge and act thing, thx.

Don't know it is a bug or not, but in chapter 2 i wasn't able to fullfill tyrs, anders and borges 2nd mission even so I had the utilities/items for it.
you can't fulfill a mission with someone if you talked with him in the same day, maybe it was one of these instances. Also, check if you actually have the items or not, unfortunately the game marks an item as owned for a quest the first time you acquire it and doesn't unmark it if you use it, so that's a bit confusing.

There are no bugs in ch2 missions as far as I know.

kinnikuroy

Aug 14, 2018
there's seem to be a partial release of Chapter 4 of Ergi. can anyone confirm if it includes the new patch?

kinnikuroy

Aug 14, 2018
there's now a new update of the game. partial release of part 4. i was about to subscibe but i realized you need 25 dollars to download it. it was 5 dollars before though. Still, i hope anyone can share the new update :) thanks!

Feb 12, 2022
yes that's the thing i was pointing out. I hope someone would share it.
The partial release was only for people who pay $25 per month on Patreon.

I... wouldn't be surprised if the people who pay $300 a year for the privilege of early release don't immediately want to give up this privilege by handing out a link to freeloaders like me and you, no matter how horny we are.

kinnikuroy

Aug 14, 2018
i feel ya. actually i was in sub in kkchar's patreon but only for 5 dollars. it's just that 25 dollars is kinda steep. i guess we'll just wait for the whole chapter 4 in May.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Why are they trying to make this game so complicated
they're not trying to make the game complicated, this is the game. Not your usual visual novel but a mix of resource management, visual novel/dating sim and strategy. I think that, if you approach it as a standard VN, you will be disappointed or you will give up quickly.
Also, to be fair, it has a steeper learning curve than others but it's not rocket science, you just need a little bit of time to get the gist, but you get there (not to mention that the Discord community is very helpful). And I would say the quality of the game is such that it's worth investing a bit of time to understand it.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes