VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.6.18] [KKChar]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

perles75

May 16, 2020
I'm at the point now where I stay a chapter behind, just to make sure I'm getting the most bug-free experience possible. I miss the great Discord community, but it is worth it to not have to replay each chapter four times in a row because of bugs.

Even so, I don't regret being a Patreon subscriber for it at all, even if I disagree with a few artistic choices.
yes, I'm also waiting to play until it gets stabilised (although probably it doesn't need a full chapter behind, after one month if not less it's largely in good form).

I'm actually curious, which are the artistic choices you disagree with? :)

rayearth8072

Apr 4, 2022
Yes, I have civil war in my Alfheimr. Choosing option “For better or worse, I'll stand by you.” in Anders romance in chapter 3 unlocks it automatically. Do you think my primary bone choice (Alf) may affect the absence of a bedroom scene? :confused:
Just finishes ch4, in order to unlock the sex scene with him at the end of chapter, choose to scout with him -> a life with you is worth living -> you know how i feel for you. Also Anders 35th cg is the cg at hot spring when you pair with him to fight the ancient wolf if hes not ur LI

• Red Heart
Reactions: qorio

qorio

Jul 6, 2020
Just finishes ch4, in order to unlock the sex scene with him at the end of chapter, choose to scout with him -> a life with you is worth living -> you know how i feel for you. Also Anders 35th cg is the cg at hot spring when you pair with him to fight the ancient wolf if hes not ur LI
Thanks a lot! I don't know how I could have forgotten about that last dialogue! :oops:

Argent Knight

Jun 23, 2021
I'm actually curious, which are the artistic choices you disagree with? :)
I hate the semi cross-dressing thing with the MC. I get that they are playing with the whole Viking ethos regarding gender and sexuality, but there are so damned many sissy protagonists in 'gay' games. Can't we just have one fucking twink who likes dick without wanting to be a girl?

(And yeah, I know that's reductive and not fair, but that's how it feels.)

perles75

May 16, 2020
I hate the semi cross-dressing thing with the MC. I get that they are playing with the whole Viking ethos regarding gender and sexuality, but there are so damned many sissy protagonists in 'gay' games. Can't we just have one fucking twink who likes dick without wanting to be a girl?

(And yeah, I know that's reductive and not fair, but that's how it feels.)
I think it has story-driven reasons to be like that and it's extensively commented within the game -that is, it's not just a random expedient to make a sissy-based game like many of those kind of games.
And I would argue that it's pretty clear that Britt does not want to be a girl at all (unless you as the player wants it, pushing the femininity score) so I wouldn't call him a sissy protagonist.

HOWEVER, I understand what you mean because, despite all the above, he does indeed wear female clothes for almost the whole of act 4 (I haven't played act 5 yet), and visually that's what you get. I'm not fond of that part myself.

Feb 12, 2022
there is a talk about it in the game. he is not wearing it because he likes it- he is wearing it since it shows that he is a priest of frejya and he needs all the help that he can get. can you blame him?
Sure. And in the half of sissy games the MC gets sissified not because he likes it - but because he has a dom boss at work or a girlfriend or has been hit in the face by a chemical concoction or is on a revenge quest that only works if he is a girl - and he needs all the help that he can get. Can you blame him?

What I mean is that the dev decided to create an in-universe reason for that costume (and, anticipating that some eyebrows would be raised, decided to include a discussion like "I don't liiiike it, but I have to, it's the rules, I'm a priest of freja, it can't be helped").

The dev might have alternatively decided that male priests of freyja must wear ultra-manly clothing, or the clothing that they want, or must go around naked aside from a horned Viking helmet for all I know. It's a fictional game - rules are made up.

So, at the end, it was a decision of the dev. He picked "sissy clothing with a reason for the sissy clothing" and I... am also in the camp of being not a fan of it.

That said: I won't begrudge the dev or complain. Don't read what I wrote as a complain. The dev has to realize the version of the game that he finds sexiest, that most aligns to his taste. Does he want sissy-Britt-with-a-reason-for-the-sissy-outfit? Well ok then. I'll give my feedback and go on with my life, personally.

ncudr

Aug 10, 2022
Sure. And in the half of sissy games the MC gets sissified not because he likes it - but because he has a dom boss at work or a girlfriend or has been hit in the face by a chemical concoction or is on a revenge quest that only works if he is a girl - and he needs all the help that he can get. Can you blame him?

What I mean is that the dev decided to create an in-universe reason for that costume (and, anticipating that some eyebrows would be raised, decided to include a discussion like "I don't liiiike it, but I have to, it's the rules, I'm a priest of freja, it can't be helped").

The dev might have alternatively decided that male priests of freyja must wear ultra-manly clothing, or the clothing that they want, or must go around naked aside from a horned Viking helmet for all I know. It's a fictional game - rules are made up.

So, at the end, it was a decision of the dev. He picked "sissy clothing with a reason for the sissy clothing" and I... am also in the camp of being not a fan of it.

That said: I won't begrudge the dev or complain. Don't read what I wrote as a complain. The dev has to realize the version of the game that he finds sexiest, that most aligns to his taste. Does he want sissy-Britt-with-a-reason-for-the-sissy-outfit? Well ok then. I'll give my feedback and go on with my life, personally.
i get what you say. i too am not into fem stuff, but i think that i understand what was behind the decision to do it and that it wasnt a bad idea. britt felt a lot of guilt because of all that happened with tomas, so walking with such cloths despite how other people react may help others who are afraid to act in a way that is "not manly". from what i saw in the discord server he is going to wear it in chapters 4,5,6.

perles75

May 16, 2020

I would say that this view is reductive. Many sissy games are also at their core dom/sub games (reluctant from the sub part at the beginning then going along with it), as you say; I don't see any trace of sub/dom relationship in Ergi.

I actually believe that the reason of the regalia choice is not to cater to a certain audience nor to indulge in their own fantasies -especially because behind the game there is a pool of writers and not just one- but it's purely narrative, to introduce explicitly the discussion of the role of genders (and its breakdown) in the world of the game and to highlight how the lead character is an outsider (an "Ergi" indeed).
Basically, it fits the overarching themes of the game. In other words, a "ultra-manly attire" for male priests of Freya (who, by the way, I don't think they exist in-world? Freya has a female-only clergy) would not have created the kind of conflict and tension that makes for good narrative.

Also, it will probably not last forever (I also think it'll be just for the chapters 4-6). Your level of feminisation is clearly regulated by the feminine/masculine parameters and that will be the one that will decide how 'sissy' you will be.

tauria

Jan 23, 2023
how can I survive the at the end of the first chapter ? like are we supposed to die or not ?

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes