VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.7.1] [KKChar]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
I like Ralf, as a character, but that schoolboy getup? Eh.

Here's another Kirk/Tyr shower scene:
I love Ralf's character and I have MAD RESPECT for KKChar, but ngl that schoolboy getup makes me cringe SO BAD.

I am from an Asian country so I have seen SO MANY Ralfs throughout Middle School until College. It's just weird. He's a Captain and yet he's dressed as a student and not even a professor.

Dark Academia is so in-trend these days as well anyway. There's so many directions his clothing style could have gone for.

His face is also pretty plain for an East Asian. I wish KKChar took more inspiration from Kpop idols like D.O. or Kai from Exo (Again, so many options – but these are just from the top of my head).

It really just doesn't give justice to how good and important his character is. He looks like that when he's leading Arne, who looks like a dad who wears a Rolex and drives a Sedan to work. He looks like that when Tyr is out there looking like an Abercrombie and Fitch model, and Jostein who is literally an Adonis.

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
I love Ralf's character and I have MAD RESPECT for KKChar, but ngl that schoolboy getup makes me cringe SO BAD.

I am from an Asian country so I have seen SO MANY Ralfs throughout Middle School until College. It's just weird. He's a Captain and yet he's dressed as a student and not even a professor.

Dark Academia is so in-trend these days as well anyway. There's so many directions his clothing style could have gone for.

His face is also pretty plain for an East Asian. I wish KKChar took more inspiration from Kpop idols like D.O. or Kai from Exo (Again, so many options – but these are just from the top of my head).

It really just doesn't give justice to how good and important his character is. He looks like that when he's leading Arne, who looks like a dad who wears a Rolex and drives a Sedan to work. He looks like that when Tyr is out there looking like an Abercrombie and Fitch model, and Jostein who is literally an Adonis.
Ralf is clearly more South Asian coded than East Asian.

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
Ralf is clearly more South Asian coded than East Asian.
Do you mean South-East Asian, or South Asian?

If you mean South-East Asian then yup that's true 100%. But even still, even for South-East Asian beauty standards, for me he's still pretty plain. I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

If you mean South Asian then I gotta strongly disagree. Maybe Erland and Anders could pass as North Indians / Middle Easterners. Ralf? The closest he can be to South Asia is Burmese (which is still SEA).

Rnab

Jan 21, 2022
Hello can someone tell me where can I get war supplies in ch 5 I need them for jostein's side quest but can't find where to create I've got it at depot on 4th ch but it's not there anymore

vinteuil

Jun 2, 2024
"He's a Captain and yet he's dressed as a student and not even a professor."

Exactly. If he insists on wearing white socks, he should at least wear long pants over them.

Reactions: B1smth

vinteuil

Jun 2, 2024
"Jostein who is literally an Adonis."

Jostein is not only the most beautiful, but also the most loveable guy in the game.

Totally devoted to Fillippa, yet also entirely receptive to Britt's attraction to him.

I'm working on it, but getting his crazy hair to work with his cabbalero hat isn't easy.

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
Do you mean South-East Asian, or South Asian?

If you mean South-East Asian then yup that's true 100%. But even still, even for South-East Asian beauty standards, for me he's still pretty plain. I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

If you mean South Asian then I gotta strongly disagree. Maybe Erland and Anders could pass as North Indians / Middle Easterners. Ralf? The closest he can be to South Asia is Burmese (which is still SEA).
I meant South Asian, I am South-East Asian, pure bred and grown in SEA, so I know for a fact his face is not SEA at all, not even Burmese or even Shan, they have fairer skin and those who have Ralf-skin tone, don't have a facial feature like him.
That is a South Asian face, maybe southern India, I am not very sure, but definitely not SEA.

That being said, I do agree that the fashion choice could be better, but Ralf fashion work for his characterization as well since Asian students are dictated to be submissive, which is Ralf, and his whole story arc was you choosing whether to encourage him lead (Confidence path) or be the leader for him (introspection path)

Last edited:

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
I meant South Asian, I am South-East Asian, pure bred and grown in SEA, so I know for a fact his face is not SEA at all, not even Burmese or even Shan, they have fairer skin and those who have Ralf-skin tone, don't have a facial feature like him.
That is a South Asian face, maybe southern India, I am not very sure, but definitely not SEA.

That being said, I do agree that the fashion choice could be better, but Ralf fashion work for his characterization as well since Asian students are dictated to be submissive, which is Ralf, and his whole story arc was you choosing whether to encourage him lead (Confidence path) or be the leader for him (introspection path)
Sorry I just really don't see it. I'm Filipino and Ralf just straight up looks so Indonesian/Malaysian to me. Perhaps with a little Indian mix, but his eyes are too small and his jaw is too high to be South Indian.

I get that their referencing Asian students but... jfc he's the Captain of the Jotunheim Institute. He's straight up leading the most important scientific research in their world. I'm sure there's a way to make him look submissive and breedable while still wearing pants (not shorts).

dessertlike94

Oct 4, 2023
In the guide written: "Three side characters (Per, Svend and Ødger) can be recruited for Ch7." I saved Svend, but still not saw him in the Ch7. Anyone knows why?

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
Sorry I just really don't see it. I'm Filipino and Ralf just straight up looks so Indonesian/Malaysian to me. Perhaps with a little Indian mix, but his eyes are too small and his jaw is too high to be South Indian.

I get that their referencing Asian students but... jfc he's the Captain of the Jotunheim Institute. He's straight up leading the most important scientific research in their world. I'm sure there's a way to make him look submissive and breedable while still wearing pants (not shorts).
I am both Indonesian and Malay, so yeah I know FOR SURE, that Ralf isn't either of those, not even a tiny bit. I am from Sumatra, and although some of our ancestors did interbreed with Indians, we're racist enough to keep track of whether one is Malay or Indian. I am just not sure which part of India Ralf is.

And although I somewhat agree with Erland being middle-eastern-central asian, I am keener on him being in the Western part of central Asia/Persia. And I don't think Anders is Asian at all, he's more of East European Slavs or Balkans

• Haha
Reactions: Ryostorm and B1smth

Ryostorm

Jul 20, 2024

Thing with Ralf you have to remember. If you read his card in the faction section of the game. He was only “conscripted“ a year ahead of Britt and Borge. In essence, he’s only about 19/20 years old and should be in college. He’s also a child prodigy as it is insinuated in the game. It’s also mentioned that a lot of characters had to grow up too fast.

Reactions: XVGuil

Ryostorm

Jul 20, 2024

What‘s wrong with the shorts? I love seeing his legs. Plus in all honesty, it makes him more attractive. I do kinda wish didn’t wear the white calf socks. I would push for ankle socks, white or black.

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
Which love interest? Because the Tyr one made me start the game over again, for silly reasons.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
bruh, I restarted Jorgen (because I missed some cg in chapter 5 and my latest save is in chapter 6), Erland & Tyr (Because I was counting the classes and I miss counted, complicated), Jostein because he is my first playthrough and I cheated using save editor, and I am still planning to restart Kirk (because of miss CG) and Jostein again (because I miss the Mannaz Rune for Britt). Pretty sure there is other restarts I forget.

also in regards to Tyr
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Argent Knight
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes